Page 175 of 178 FirstFirst ... 75125165173174175176177 ... LastLast
Results 3,481 to 3,500 of 3559

Thread: L-I-V-E-R-P-Double O-L Liverpool FC

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    and interesting analysis of the managers approach after the end of extra time, befire the shootout started
    https://mobile.twitter.com/GeirJorde...55974346321921

I'm still numb. ****ing hate pens. Was hiding behind my couch for most of em. Fair play to you guys though.

Game V spurs haunting us now.

Had a feeling City would drop some points, and we needed to be perfect for us to win.
    City dropped their points, but we were not perfect.
    Would’ve set up a cracking final day.
    Still hope, still a chance something could happen (provided we beat Southampton).

City to go down 1-0 to a Coutinho trademark cut in, top corner within 10.
    Liverpool go up 1-0 early. Kop start belting out Gerrard song, with we’re gonna win the league.

City win 6-1.
    Last edited by Bremsstrahlung; 16-05-2022 at 06:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Game V spurs haunting us now.

Had a feeling City would drop some points, and we needed to be perfect for us to win.
    City dropped their points, but we were not perfect.
    Would’ve set up a cracking final day.
    Still hope, still a chance something could happen (provided we beat Southampton).

City to go down 1-0 to a Coutinho trademark cut in, top corner within 10.
    Liverpool go up 1-0 early. Kop start belting out Gerrard song, with we’re gonna win the league.

City win 6-1.
    Bold of you to assume we will even get a chance to attack City's goal
    Jaliens gives me the horn

It seems the only fitting conclusion. Raise the hopes, only to blow them away.

Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    and interesting analysis of the managers approach after the end of extra time, befire the shootout started
    https://mobile.twitter.com/GeirJorde...55974346321921

1:25" Klopp starts talking about the penalty shootout and about the company that approached LFC.

https://neuro11.de/
    Klyden, after inhaling the smoke from a cigarette:- (S02E11)
    "I feel as if I have been standing my entire life, and I just sat down."
    The Orville - returning to SBS. June 3rd, 2022

City are absolute machines in the sense of how they can flick a switch and go to attack mode. 15 minutes. 0-2 down to 3-2 up.
    Credit to them, exceptional season.

Boy we looked average today when we needed a boost, and the goals came when the pressure lifted.
    As commentary touched on, interesting what happens if we go 2-1 up as city is 2-0 down. The boost for Villa, and the effect it may have had on City.
    very tense final day morning. Unfortunately the miracle didn’t come off. But we have also had a great season. 6 wins clear of the closest challenger. 1 point behind the winner.
    Still feels like a bit of a failure of an EPL season.

Banned
    3 finals played

Couldn't score a goal in 330 minutes of football

That's impressive

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    MFKS, as another stupid boomer conspiracy nutjob used to say, two out of three ain't bad

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    3 finals played

Couldn't score a goal in 330 minutes of football

That's impressive
    Good one

First of all, I'm not taking a shot because Liverpool are 10 seasons of unlimited money away from Arsenal right now.

But I said this to Bon this morning. 3 UCL finals and zero non-penalty goals. Plus, 3 cup finals this season and zero goals outside of the shootouts.

Is this a Klopp issue or something to be concerned about? On paper Liverpool had the squad, but as a neutral I always thought Real would win that final, even with Courtois having a cracker, they simply seem more like a cup final team.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    First of all, I'm not taking a shot because Liverpool are 10 seasons of unlimited money away from Arsenal right now.

But I said this to Bon this morning. 3 UCL finals and zero non-penalty goals. Plus, 3 cup finals this season and zero goals outside of the shootouts.

Is this a Klopp issue or something to be concerned about? On paper Liverpool had the squad, but as a neutral I always thought Real would win that final, even with Courtois having a cracker, they simply seem more like a cup final team.

Origi's wasn't a pen. Mane's either.

Before the bullshit sets in.
    Klyden, after inhaling the smoke from a cigarette:- (S02E11)
    "I feel as if I have been standing my entire life, and I just sat down."
    The Orville - returning to SBS. June 3rd, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Retro Jet View Post
    Origi's wasn't a pen. Mane's either.
    Ahh, I must have misread that (or whoever tweeted it was as confidently incorrect as I was) and it was solely about this year's finals. Disregard then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

I think we are a step below where we need to be to win EPL and UCL.
    We are a bit of a bully team. We generally have one tactic, and when teams shut that down, the longer they hold us out the more we commit forward and become susceptible.

I thought Madrid would win that match. They are a well balanced team with lots of facets to their play. They play their experience and then bring on bursts of speed later in the game who are great in their own rights.
    I think our players do brilliantly throughout the season. But I kind of think what Klopp says about approaching each game as a cup final is true. Then we play actual cup finals and can’t seem to go to the next level.

Klopps time in charge, unfortunately, has coincided with Guardiolas time at city and unlimited funds. Don’t get me wrong, we spend some money, but we can’t afford 100M transfers every season. If Guardiola isn’t managing city, I think we have at least another EPL title.

Moving forward, we need to perfect a plan B. Our plan A is pretty good, and gets us 75% of our games comfortably.
    It’s that other 25% that we rely on luck, or scrappy scrappy points. That needs to improve.

Enjoying the ride we are on. I fear the next 2 years will be vital when we are faced with turning over our front 3, Salah, mane and Firmino. Diaz and Jota look good, and hopefully they can step up to the plate.
    5 years ago, if you said we’d win a EPL, UCL, make the UCL final 2 other times and challenge for the EPL on the final day on two occasions I’d have jumped at that, and apart from Many City or Madrid fans I think most clubs would prefer that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    I think we are a step below where we need to be to win EPL and UCL.
    We are a bit of a bully team. We generally have one tactic, and when teams shut that down, the longer they hold us out the more we commit forward and become susceptible.

I thought Madrid would win that match. They are a well balanced team with lots of facets to their play. They play their experience and then bring on bursts of speed later in the game who are great in their own rights.
    I think our players do brilliantly throughout the season. But I kind of think what Klopp says about approaching each game as a cup final is true. Then we play actual cup finals and can’t seem to go to the next level.

Klopps time in charge, unfortunately, has coincided with Guardiolas time at city and unlimited funds. Don’t get me wrong, we spend some money, but we can’t afford 100M transfers every season. If Guardiola isn’t managing city, I think we have at least another EPL title.

Moving forward, we need to perfect a plan B. Our plan A is pretty good, and gets us 75% of our games comfortably.
    It’s that other 25% that we rely on luck, or scrappy scrappy points. That needs to improve.

Enjoying the ride we are on. I fear the next 2 years will be vital when we are faced with turning over our front 3, Salah, mane and Firmino. Diaz and Jota look good, and hopefully they can step up to the plate.
    5 years ago, if you said we’d win a EPL, UCL, make the UCL final 2 other times and challenge for the EPL on the final day on two occasions I’d have jumped at that, and apart from Many City or Madrid fans I think most clubs would prefer that.
    That's what Pappas will be like IMO, Only ever gonna have a Plan A and when it works its great, Just gotta hope it works when it matters
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

So, Mane seems all but gone. 30M offer rejected. But seems like he will leave sooner rather than later.

I’m somewhat excited by the Nunez rumour. Bloke destroyed us in that QF, a few metres cost him a hat trick, but his finishing in some pretty crazy positions impressed me. Not sure he’s worth the asking price, can see Man Utd paying overs for him.

Think we really miss a genuine striker. A good finisher.
    There’s a video getting around of TAA delivering perfect balls and them not being finished. Goes for almost 3 minutes. Goes to show how a clinical striker could have a field day in this squad.
    (Though, there’s also a lot of goals we have no right to score, they somehow go in, so I didn’t think too much of it, but interesting watch tbh).

I don't think it will happen, but the Harry Kane rumours don't frighten me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

You guys can have Lukaku free of charge if you want
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    You guys can have Lukaku free of charge if you want
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Late news but, Nunez confirmed.
    If he’s anything like the last Uruguayan we had, in terms of football ability, we are in for a treat.

Granted I only remember him in that second leg, and he put fear into me every time he had the ball. Looking forward to see how he goes.