Page 115 of 178 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117125165 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,300 of 3559

Thread: L-I-V-E-R-P-Double O-L Liverpool FC

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    https://streamja.com/1KXk
    He did try to pull him back, but failed. Salah then acted like he had succeeded.
    Imo, those angles show stupid unnecessary contact. If I’m Rafa, I’m saying why do you try to pull him as you run across his line? It’s only ending one way.
    There’s one angle that makes it look worse.
    But watching it in true speed I don’t think the ref makes a bad call.
    And if “VAR” looks at it, they’ll see contact that pulls his shoulder back and he goes down.

I always reference Suarez because I think he was the Ramos of attackers when he played. I remember when he went through a few games where he was flicking the ball up into defenders arms, he actually played for contact and went down rather theatrically. If there’s contact made at a player driving into the box 9/10 times it’s gonna be a pen.

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    But that where they actually need to start addressing it

It isnt like most bits of diving aint involving some form of challenge whether it be light or heavy contact

It up to the governing bodies to grow a pair and rub the likes of Salah out for his hystronics for minimal contact made
    Why??

Bloke is a gun at drawing fouls

Why shouldnt he be marvelled at??

I will point out he probably just in in the top 10 his country has produced but that isnt a blight when you consider Pele Romario Ronaldo Ronaldhinio Zico etc

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    https://streamja.com/1KXk
    He did try to pull him back, but failed. Salah then acted like he had succeeded.
    So if he never tried then Salah would have looked like a fool.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Bremsstrahlung wins the internet for the day
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

If be fine with a massive ban for any player who did what Salah did, Hazard Drogba who cares. Diving is ****ed and needs to be stopped but that's up to the refs getting a backbone

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    So your point is what??

I am all for diving.and the black arts

If the authorities want to do something about it then they need to start rubbing blokes out like Salah for exaggerating contact like he did the other day

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    If be fine with a massive ban for any player who did what Salah did, Hazard Drogba who cares. Diving is ****ed and needs to be stopped but that's up to the refs getting a backbone
    Just amused most that Salah was the one who seemed to be the final straw.

I got not much of a problem with players Going to ground following contact, minus the exuberant theatrics and swan dives.
    If the ref seems enough contact to be a free kick or pen, so be it. The rules are there, make contact and you gamble with the refs leniency. It’s as close to black and white as you can get. If there’s contact, refs call.

No contact is a different story. Plain deception and the definition of simulation.

Same with time wasting “injury concerns” in the last 5 minutes, slowing down throw ins and goal kicks, it’s part of players seeing how much they can get away with. Refs make a decision on the field on what they think.

I think Salah goes down easy. Did old mate actually make a play at the ball or play the player? My money is he played the player. I don’t really have a problem with it. I think there’s just as much controversy if he gives a yellow for diving because everyone will be saying that there was contact.
    The grey area in the middle is not giving anything. And that fall into the “there was contact, but not enough” category which is even more vague.

Just amused most that Salah was the one who seemed to be the final straw.

I got not much of a problem with players Going to ground following contact, minus the exuberant theatrics and swan dives.
    If the ref seems enough contact to be a free kick or pen, so be it. The rules are there, make contact and you gamble with the refs leniency. It’s as close to black and white as you can get. If there’s contact, refs call.

No contact is a different story. Plain deception and the definition of simulation.

Same with time wasting “injury concerns” in the last 5 minutes, slowing down throw ins and goal kicks, it’s part of players seeing how much they can get away with. Refs make a decision on the field on what they think.

I think Salah goes down easy. Did old mate actually make a play at the ball or play the player? My money is he played the player. I don’t really have a problem with it. I think there’s just as much controversy if he gives a yellow for diving because everyone will be saying that there was contact.
    The grey area in the middle is not giving anything. And that fall into the “there was contact, but not enough” category which is even more vague.
    If that all it takes for Salah to go down bloke must be a nightmare in supermarkets

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    If that all it takes for Salah to go down bloke must be a nightmare in supermarkets
    And a legendary lover

And a legendary lover
    No, this is the best post in this discussion.

Well done sir.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

also: time wasting is currently punished by a yellow card, which is dumb because it generally just wastes more time issuing the card.
    they should punish the offence with an indirect free kick to the other team at the point of the indiscretion.

e.g. a goalie takes forever to restart from a goal kick, give an indirect free on the edge of the 6 yard box where the ball was placed.
    dude taking forever with a throw in, same goes, indirect free on the sideline where the throw should have been.

i think that would stop a lot of the nonsense.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Redwah is just going to be impossible when I see him next.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    also: time wasting is currently punished by a yellow card, which is dumb because it generally just wastes more time issuing the card.
    they should punish the offence with an indirect free kick to the other team at the point of the indiscretion.

e.g. a goalie takes forever to restart from a goal kick, give an indirect free on the edge of the 6 yard box where the ball was placed.
    dude taking forever with a throw in, same goes, indirect free on the sideline where the throw should have been.

i think that would stop a lot of the nonsense.
    Well yeh, so is “simulation”. My point was more it fall into a spectrum and it’s adjudication varies referee to referee, stage in each match. There’s no “timer”. 30 seconds in the opening 10 minutes may be acceptable for most refs. But in the 85th minute, winning 1-0, not so much. Players will see what they can get away with.

An indirect free kick would be very interesting. The above problem would still exist though.
    When I reffed, sometimes I used to count how many seconds the first goal kick took. Just for a bit of a benchmark.

But screw all that.
    What a win.

well, what an interesting time for us to be discussing pens and simulation.

My thoughts:
    1. The 1st Salah one was legit. The bloke was trying to tackle him from behind (which you cant do regardless). There was contact, so good call.
    2. The Lovern one was some bullshit. I get you are trying to get rid of shoving and pushing in the box from set pieces, but that was a weird one to use as the tipping point.
    3. The Lacazette one was a good call. Didnt see any contact (commentators were adamant there was) and then he took another few steps before going down. ref was in a good spot, correct non call.
    Last edited by plague; 30-12-2018 at 11:11 AM.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Would’ve been content if ref called all 3.

First one - pen. Has 2-3 cracks at him.
    Second one - it’s a helluva push in the back. But yeh, can see that stuff on corners every day, so not much of a problem if it’s not given.
    Third one - if they reckon he kicks his toe, I could live with a pen. But similar to number 2, if this is a pen, number 2 is also.

one thing flying under the radar though all this.

Klopp is an A grade smartass in his press conferences. His one post match today was sublime. Pretty much called the press a bunch of broke ass clown but did it in a way that the press laughed along with him.

has been great to watch.
    Seems like I am WRONG

oh man oh man, Klopp gonna win the title and the first sign of him falling behind next year they gonna ship his ass to Siberia and put Stevie G in charge arent they.

this is gonna be brilliant.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by baldrick View Post
    Redwah is just going to be impossible when I see him next.
    You won’t even have to see me...5-1

"What you [the media] all create and I get that, how can you not be positive about us? But you are the first if we drop three points and the next headline is: 'Are they nervous now?' That's an easy job. I would love to be in your situation, still earn the money I earn, but be in your situation. We cannot play that game and we don't do it.
    bhahahahahahahahaha
    Seems like I am WRONG