Page 121 of 178 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123131171 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,420 of 3559

Thread: L-I-V-E-R-P-Double O-L Liverpool FC

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Flop? His performances have seen us through to the league cup final. Everyone was at fault vs the cherries but he has generally been our best each week. Double figures for goals and assists in the league as well. Every team in the league would take a player like this no questions asked.

Why do I feel like ive just been baited by someone who doesnt watch Hazard week in week out
    So how come none of the teams in the UCL want him if he is the type every team in the league would want??

Why do I feel like ive just been baited by someone who doesnt watch Hazard week in week out
    because after the first 643 times you are finally starting to catch on.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    because after the first 643 times you are finally starting to catch on.
    First of all, lol.

Secondly. Keita, Milner, Gigi, Fabinho, Oxlade, Lallana, Henderson, as well as a couple of youth players. That's 7 players for 3 spots in midfield. I know they have a few injuries, but unless they sold someone they couldn't bring anyone in. Title chase or not, you would be causing big issues by adding someone else to that list. (It also doesn't take into account players on loan which includes Grujic, Ojo and Wilson.)

Also which numpty said Spuds would overtake them? Spuds are gonna run out of luck soon and will be in 6th spot before their stadium opens.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    First of all, lol.

Secondly. Keita, Milner, Gigi, Fabinho, Oxlade, Lallana, Henderson, as well as a couple of youth players. That's 7 players for 3 spots in midfield. I know they have a few injuries, but unless they sold someone they couldn't bring anyone in. Title chase or not, you would be causing big issues by adding someone else to that list. (It also doesn't take into account players on loan which includes Grujic, Ojo and Wilson.)

Also which numpty said Spuds would overtake them? Spuds are gonna run out of luck soon and will be in 6th spot before their stadium opens.
    Kane and Ali out till march I think. They are not in the title race. Finished 3rd in a two horse with Leicester ffs
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight

I reckon it's time Mo spent time on the bench.
    If not for the motivation/hunger angle, just to change things up. He got into a few good positions but the shots were listless.
    Shaqiri due a start or two.
    Last edited by Retro Jet; 05-02-2019 at 11:15 PM.

We are very lacklustre this season.
    Firmino hasn’t been getting on the scoresheet.
    Salah has scored some important goals and I was reading that he was at a similar-ish level last year in terms of goals but he hasn’t been at his game winning best minus a few penalties (or not penalties).
    Mane has been as expected.
    Other than that, there’s not much venom in our attack.
    Fmd we are still bringing on Origi to win the game.
    Id love to see us have a crack at Timo Werner.

Kane and Ali out till march I think. They are not in the title race. Finished 3rd in a two horse with Leicester ffs
    Doing better than expected with 2 of our best out and not spending anything for about 2 years. Definitely punching above our weight, but even though you guys are trying to put us down with your statements, I would agree that we aren't genuinely in the title race.
    Not sure on Liverpool dropping off either. City had their wobble, now Liverpool are having theirs.If Salah starts firing again they are still right in the hunt. (I do think City will get there in the end though).

Quote Originally Posted by idontwannaplaywithhowey View Post
    Doing better than expected with 2 of our best out and not spending anything for about 2 years. Definitely punching above our weight, but even though you guys are trying to put us down with your statements, I would agree that we aren't genuinely in the title race.
    Not sure on Liverpool dropping off either. City had their wobble, now Liverpool are having theirs.If Salah starts firing again they are still right in the hunt. (I do think City will get there in the end though).
    Not putting down just stating facts. You want a trophy. Forget the league and focus on the cups

Spurs are 5 pts off first and playing better football than Liverpool. I'd be shocked if they dont end up overtaking one or both teams above them.

The silver lining is that they'll realise how much of a dud Kane is and sell him, buy about 6 of Sons mates and own the league.

Spurs are 5 pts off first and playing better football than Liverpool. I'd be shocked if they dont end up overtaking one or both teams above them.

The silver lining is that they'll realise how much of a dud Kane is and sell him, buy about 6 of Sons mates and own the league.
    Playing better football than Liverpool? Have you been watching their games. I'm not just bashing them because they are our rivals, but they've been extremely lucky the last few games to score winning goals. They were more likely to be 9 points behind than 5. So once their luck runs out they will need to be worried about the 3 useless teams below them finding some consistency and catching them than what Pool and City are doing.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Playing better football than Liverpool? Have you been watching their games. I'm not just bashing them because they are our rivals, but they've been extremely lucky the last few games to score winning goals. They were more likely to be 9 points behind than 5.
    yes, emphasis on 'better', not in any way 'great'.
    Liverpool legit had the first goal (which was offside), then the late Origi chance (which was also offside) and in between those two incidents they created nothing and were gash.
    West Ham should have banged in more goals, especially from the diabolical set piece defending.

Would absolutely agree that injuries to key midfielders arent helping them, but Fabinho and Keita were brought in as 1st team players, not squaddies. They need to be way way way better if they are to have a chance.

Look, my betting syndicate backed Liverpool pre-season to win, so im hoping it happens from a strictly financial point of view. But if i was betting now, I'd back a City/Spurs 1,2.
    (mainly because the odds for reds/citeh are 1.00000000000001, so theres that).
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Playing better football than Liverpool? Have you been watching their games. I'm not just bashing them because they are our rivals, but they've been extremely lucky the last few games to score winning goals. They were more likely to be 9 points behind than 5. So once their luck runs out they will need to be worried about the 3 useless teams below them finding some consistency and catching them than what Pool and City are doing.
    Recent games we (Spurs) haven't created bucket loads, but have definitely been dominating the games (without playing great football, ill give you that one).
    Watford and Newcastle both set up uber defensive and we weren't particularly incisive, but still created plenty. I would suggest we were a bit lucky against Newcastle (due to the goalkeeping mistake) but my view would be we aren't running on luck, just the weight of chances is paying off late in games. Obviously sometimes you don't end up getting one and they end up 'one of those days', and other days you get the late winners.

yes, emphasis on 'better', not in any way 'great'.
    Liverpool legit had the first goal (which was offside), then the late Origi chance (which was also offside) and in between those two incidents they created nothing and were gash.
    West Ham should have banged in more goals, especially from the diabolical set piece defending.

Would absolutely agree that injuries to key midfielders arent helping them, but Fabinho and Keita were brought in as 1st team players, not squaddies. They need to be way way way better if they are to have a chance.

Look, my betting syndicate backed Liverpool pre-season to win, so im hoping it happens from a strictly financial point of view. But if i was betting now, I'd back a City/Spurs 1,2.
    (mainly because the odds for reds/citeh are 1.00000000000001, so theres that).
    Sorry, I forgot form was only related to the last game a team played.....

Quote Originally Posted by idontwannaplaywithhowey View Post
    Recent games we (Spurs) haven't created bucket loads, but have definitely been dominating the games (without playing great football, ill give you that one).
    Watford and Newcastle both set up uber defensive and we weren't particularly incisive, but still created plenty. I would suggest we were a bit lucky against Newcastle (due to the goalkeeping mistake) but my view would be we aren't running on luck, just the weight of chances is paying off late in games. Obviously sometimes you don't end up getting one and they end up 'one of those days', and other days you get the late winners.
    As you and I would well know, you don't always get good luck in games. So for every tight game that you get over the line you'll have one where you concede a trash goal and lose. I just think at the moment you've had more of the former than the later. Once that catches up I reckon you'll drop some points. Like the Newcastle game where you guys eeked out a win and City managed to lose.

United are on form and Chelsea will find another gear, plus we might have our first choice defence available soon which would help us immensely.

Banned
    Not putting down just stating facts. You want a trophy. Forget the league and focus on the cups
    Focus on the Cups???

Lol

They are out of the Cups already FFS

Sorry, I forgot form was only related to the last game a team played.....
    I thought this was only applicable to Hazard and Ozil?

2 wins from past 5 Prem games, 4 of them trash teams, and the 2 draws were lucky points I reakon.

Focus on the Cups???

Lol

They are out of the Cups already FFS
    Yeah because they dont know how to win clutch games. That should be their focus next season. Win a league cup and finish 6th or something better season then just making top 4

Take it to the D*** waving thread and leave us Liverpool supporters alone to bite our finger nails off.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Banned
    Yeah because they dont know how to win clutch games. That should be their focus next season. Win a league cup and finish 6th or something better season then just making top 4
    No mate

Top 4 gets you in the UCL

Winning a pissant cup means **** all if you are in the Europa League next season.

Big clubs think this way

You think Man U would rather win the FA Cup Final last season or qualify for the UCL??

Because I bet my arse they will take UCL every day of the year

No mate

Top 4 gets you in the UCL

Winning a pissant cup means **** all if you are in the Europa League next season.

Big clubs think this way

You think Man U would rather win the FA Cup Final last season or qualify for the UCL??

Because I bet my arse they will take UCL every day of the year
    Their owners maybe but proper fans always want silverware over anything