Page 158 of 168 FirstFirst ... 58108148156157158159160 ... LastLast
Results 3,141 to 3,160 of 3352

Thread: L-I-V-E-R-P-Double O-L Liverpool FC

  1. #3141
    космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1991
    Posts
    456,916,124
    I'm really looking forward to seeing what happens against City in the dead rubber

    it's going to be an interesting game, two supremely talented teams at the peak of their powers playing for nothing in front of no one

  2. #3142
    Occasional Podcaster furns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Branxton
    Posts
    4,929
    Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    I'm really looking forward to seeing what happens against City in the dead rubber

    it's going to be an interesting game, two supremely talented teams at the peak of their powers playing for nothing in front of no one
    what sort of psychological impact will having to give a guard of honor to a team that you only beat by a point last season and this season absolutely left you in their dust? Not to mention the relative age differences bewteen the squads and the fact most of our team is early to mid-20's and are tied down to long term deals while City are widely regarded as requiring a major rebuild across the board.
    Will they present the trophy at the Etihad or wait until our next game at Anfield I wonder?
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

  3. #3143
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    3,102
    Think Raheem should do the presentation

  4. #3144
    Senior Member Frodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Shire
    Posts
    3,078
    Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Think Raheem should do the presentation
    He knows more about EPL title presentations than Liverpool players do, might be a good idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

  5. #3145
    Senior Member Frodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Shire
    Posts
    3,078
    Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    what sort of psychological impact will having to give a guard of honor to a team that you only beat by a point last season and this season absolutely left you in their dust? Not to mention the relative age differences bewteen the squads and the fact most of our team is early to mid-20's and are tied down to long term deals while City are widely regarded as requiring a major rebuild across the board.
    Will they present the trophy at the Etihad or wait until our next game at Anfield I wonder?
    You've won a single title compared to the City squad managing to go back-to-back... No matter how much the media is loving this title win right now (as i'm sure all of you blokes justifiably are of course), until you win at least another one they are still the better squad.

    Liverpool squad has an average age of 27.5 compared to 27.1 for City. So not sure you can really use that one either. They NEED a new CB and maybe another forward to help an aging Aguero. They are linked with Koulibilaly and Havertz. 2 signings and they have fixed any small issues they have. Liverpool still need to find backup forwards who can contribute whenever Mane, Bobby and Mo are out. Origi wants to go and he was the only one of Mini-mo, Shaqiri and he who could perform at the required level when called upon this year. Both squads aren't perfect, although of course Liverpool's is better right now.

    Congrats on the title win, enjoy the hell out of it, but don't get think you've won next year's already.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

  6. #3146
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    3,102
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    until you win at least another one they are still the better squad.
    .........
    ..........
    Both squads aren't perfect, although of course Liverpool's is better right now.
    .
    Yehp.

  7. #3147
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    You've won a single title compared to the City squad managing to go back-to-back... No matter how much the media is loving this title win right now (as i'm sure all of you blokes justifiably are of course), until you win at least another one they are still the better squad.

    .
    Why do you have to be a jealous asshole? Just let them enjoy a win and forget about pissing contests.

    How anyone can stand fwits like you is beyond sanity.

  8. #3148
    Senior Member Frodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Shire
    Posts
    3,078
    Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Yehp.
    Hey, I'm not going to say that right now you guys aren't top dogs. Easy decision. Absolutely killed everyone this season. But you've still got more to do before you can be considered one of the greats IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

  9. #3149
    Senior Member Frodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Shire
    Posts
    3,078
    Quote Originally Posted by finzee View Post
    Why do you have to be a jealous asshole? Just let them enjoy a win and forget about pissing contests.

    How anyone can stand fwits like you is beyond sanity.
    I sit down to wee so I'm not sure how you can have a contest with that? But I'm always up for a new challenge. You name the time and place and I'll be there with a bladder full of Appletini's and a smile on my face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

  10. #3150
    космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1991
    Posts
    456,916,124
    where has anyone on here said that this current squad are "one of the greats"?

    your "O" doesn't really matter to anyone so stop trolling

  11. #3151
    Senior Member Frodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Shire
    Posts
    3,078
    Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    where has anyone on here said that this current squad are "one of the greats"?

    your "O" doesn't really matter to anyone so stop trolling
    Furns was clearly saying that this City must be hurting that this Liverpool side is much better than there's and could be for years to come. I was putting forward a counter argument that it isn't that far ahead, I don't see any problem with either view point and I don't think Furns would either.

    The "one of the greats" comment is because this Pep lead City squad is considered one. Back to back titles is a hugely difficult thing to do. So if you want to be compared to them, you'll need to either go back to back yourself, or at least win another title with this squad.

    If you can't handle a bit of critical thinking in this thread, don't read it. As for the troll insult, I can only assume that's in reference to my reply to old mate Finzee who seems to be a 12yr old child given his tendency to call people names every time someone doesn't say nice things about his team. Maybe don't follow in his footsteps, you're better than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

  12. #3152
    Senior Member Frodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Shire
    Posts
    3,078
    If however the troll comment was about the Raheem reply, surely you and the rest of the Liverpool brigade can take a little bit of banter in reply to some obvious banter from Brem? You aren't that precious are you guys? I don't see any of the Arsenal kids getting worked up when someone comes in and stirs the pot on us? And we have Stanny and SB to deal with whenever we lose (well not every time now that it happens almost every other week, but most times.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

  13. #3153
    космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1991
    Posts
    456,916,124
    you raised the "one of the great" straw man, no one else - no one even raised City, other than to hint that beating a team of that class deserves kudos

    there's critical thinking and trolling - you're lucky your first comment after Liverpool won was deleted and you weren't banned - there are many calls for it

  14. #3154
    Senior Member StannyCFCJET's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Newy
    Posts
    4,834
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    If however the troll comment was about the Raheem reply, surely you and the rest of the Liverpool brigade can take a little bit of banter in reply to some obvious banter from Brem? You aren't that precious are you guys? I don't see any of the Arsenal kids getting worked up when someone comes in and stirs the pot on us? And we have Stanny and SB to deal with whenever we lose (well not every time now that it happens almost every other week, but most times.)
    No one needs to trolls Arsenal fans, your club does enough of that for everyone

  15. #3155
    Senior Member Frodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Shire
    Posts
    3,078
    Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    you raised the "one of the great" straw man, no one else - no one even raised City, other than to hint that beating a team of that class deserves kudos

    there's critical thinking and trolling - you're lucky your first comment after Liverpool won was deleted and you weren't banned - there are many calls for it
    Are you being serious?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

  16. #3156
    Senior Member Jetmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Merewether
    Posts
    5,149
    God I miss the Member and plague...
    Only one bloke on this foz constantly makes me laugh Plague and it ain't you - MFKS

  17. #3157
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    3,102
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Are you being serious?
    C'mon mate, first you bring stats and research into it with your whole "average" age business. *

    THEN, you have the hide to tell us that one title doesn't make us as good as other teams like back to back city, or some team that went okay one season when they just drew a heap of games, won a couple and didn't lose league games, or even the other half of Manchester that's dominated the modern day Premier League. *

    We are high on finally winning it, after so long, success of this calibre isn't something we are accustomed to. People are sharing some anecdotal thoughts, Frodo's bringing some FYI stats to the party and has an alternative opinion. And LFC fans are all just like "we just wanna have fun, don't be a downer".

    If we can get some of these records - highest point tally etc, most rounds to to go with winning the league, it may be remembered as a great team. The same as the 100+ point city season is remembered. All special in their own way.

    Nobody is claiming this is the best team ever. It's the best team we've had for a long time. And things did go our way at various stages of the year, but after years of disappointment, glad we finally got one.

    Now, I've got some Luiz jerseys to buy my arsenal "friends".






    *sarcasm tone FYI

  18. #3158
    Senior Member StannyCFCJET's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Newy
    Posts
    4,834
    Have you guys had any major injuries this season? Can't remember any

  19. #3159
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    3,102
    As at January: games missed in all comps.

    Alison missed 2.5 months - 11 games in all comps.
    Fabinho missed 13 or so
    matip out for 21
    Keita out for 10
    Lovren missed 9
    Oxlade chamberlain missed 4
    shaqiri unavailable for 15

    And Clyne has been out all season as Right back cover.

  20. #3160
    Senior Member StannyCFCJET's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Newy
    Posts
    4,834
    Soo lucky none of your front 3 very lucky

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •