Page 169 of 178 FirstFirst ... 69119159167168169170171 ... LastLast
Results 3,361 to 3,380 of 3559

Thread: L-I-V-E-R-P-Double O-L Liverpool FC

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    overwhelming feeling at the moment is just relief that that season is over, and relief that they somehow made third place

so where's Wijnaldum actually going? I haven't heard anything

Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    overwhelming feeling at the moment is just relief that that season is over, and relief that they somehow made third place

so where's Wijnaldum actually going? I haven't heard anything
    Barcelona have been heavily linked all season but nothing concrete or confirmed
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Happy LFC birthday Jordan Henderson.
    10 years at the club.
    Klyden, after inhaling the smoke from a cigarette:- (S02E11)
    "I feel as if I have been standing my entire life, and I just sat down."
    The Orville - returning to SBS. June 3rd, 2022

Well, that was a good start.
    Mo: 1st to score in 5 consecutive openers. 1 goal, 2 assists...if you count the first one.

I was impressed with Tsimakas until a few of his brain farts. Milner n VVD certainly let him know the standard that's required.
    Good feet and delivery. Certainly adequate cover for Robbo.

That's the longest I've ever heard the 'Bobby' song sung.

Time to burn Burnley.

Quote Originally Posted by Retro Jet View Post
    Well, that was a good start.
    Mo: 1st to score in 5 consecutive openers. 1 goal, 2 assists...if you count the first one.

I was impressed with Tsimakas until a few of his brain farts. Milner n VVD certainly let him know the standard that's required.
    Good feet and delivery. Certainly adequate cover for Robbo.

That's the longest I've ever heard the 'Bobby' song sung.

Time to burn Burnley.
    Thoughts on Oxlade-Chamberlain and Keita (not just Retro but everyone)? I thought Ox struggled to get into the game for the 60 minutes he was on. Keita in the first half too was quiet but was better in the second half.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Kind of struck me as a “show me what you got” type of move.
    Agree Keita was bit more influential than Ox. May be the bleary eyes but ox was pretty anonymous.

Tsimikis had good enterprise but lacked the quality that Robertson brings. Made me
    Realise how lucky we are to have Robbo and also have him fit 90% of the time.

Biggest problem for me was the lack of Klopps glasses. Did he get contacts? Or laser? FMD, how we let this happen is beyond me. How do we brand his merch now.

Thought Norwich were poor. If those 3 mids are the core of the team this year they can't compete for the title. City, United and Chelsea so much stronger.
    Pogba and Fernandes were on a completely different level last night.

Henderson makes no difference either.

They stuffed up by not selling a couple of players at their peak last year and revitalising the squad.

There’s no way ox, keita and Milner start for that 25% of games this season.

Fabinho, Henderson, Thiago.

Also disagree, Henderson makes a massive difference.
    VVD is world class though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    There’s no way ox, keita and Milner start for that 25% of games this season.

Fabinho, Henderson, Thiago.

Also disagree, Henderson makes a massive difference.
    VVD is world class though.
    Sorry should have clarified. Henderson doesn't change the way they play and Liverpool's Achilles heel has always been a lack of plan B.
    Their system is fantastic right up until the point that it isn't.

Definitely.
    We lack a Coutinho creative player that can just crank some creativity.
    When we had coutinho and Suarez, we lacked a defence.

Now we have a strong foundation, but yeh, lack that plan b when teams stack their defence or when our front 4 (welcome Jota) struggle to fire.

Salah misfired a lot last season. Wasn’t very reliable, yet still scored a tonne. But a creative player would really help us adapt in those tough gritty games.

I think there were hopes Thiago could do that, but I don’t think he’s that player. He’s the pull the strings, play the balls, change tempo player.

9:30pm ko people.
    Enjoy it because barring time/date changes, inc Norwich, I counted 25 of the
    38 games ko between 1am - 2:30am.
    I've never looked at a whole season's times before but there were quite a few pallitable 11 & 12am
    KO's I spent with other Reds at Pests New Lambton last season.

Just before this season...and the latest lockdown, there was an email to OLSC N'cle members about a suprise new venue for the Stupid O'Clock games - and it wasn't Wests or Queens Wharf Hotel apparently.
    It wasn't going to p!ss on Julian's picnick for the 4:30am (or later) Ka-fey morning gigs either.
    Anyone have a clue as to where it is?

Anyhoo... up the Reds!

Sean Dyche - he looks like he should have been cast in Lock, Stock and 2 smoking barrels...

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    it's like this every season

Liverpool prefer the Sunday afternoon timeslot - prioritising local fans over international fans, which is fair enough

Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    it's like this every season

Liverpool prefer the Sunday afternoon timeslot - prioritising local fans over international fans, which is fair enough
    Naawww... I was gonna write to them too and request they alter their preference
    Seriously, I've never understood the Sunday thing...unless a significant majority of your fans are involved with playing or organising their community games which must be on a Saturday?

Even thought there were some ok moments from the midfield today, it still felt a bit stuck.
    Great assist from Tsimikas for the 1st. I said to another mate tonight that I think Tsimikas brings something different to the LB role.
    Not necessarily better or worse than Robbo either. He showed some great tenacity there towards the end too.
    Good that Gomez got on the field, albeit a token gesture

Thought Alison was great. Some great saves, beaten once albeit from offside shot, but commanded his area and was decisive with his actions. Made some good saves too. He’s been a top acquisition.

FMD, watching Matip is like watching a giraffe trip over the ball. He is so awkwardly majestic. He does well, I just don’t expect it.
    VVD is immense and probably playing at 60% but still looks better than our defence last season. Few errors.

Agree with Tsimikas, he had a reasonable game. Will be good backup for Robertson when our schedule gets busy or to rotate them through.

Thought young Harvey Elliot did well for a debut. Gave it away cheaply a few time in defence but shows some promise in attack. His ball for the Salah disallowed goal was superb. Some other good balls through. Maybe unsettled he was being hacked, but if we can get him some game time and confidence he could give Jones a bit of a battle for the young person midfield role.

Is Jota our starter now? Or is Bobby being eased back after Brazil duties. Interesting to see how it pans out in a few weeks when Jota doesn’t score for a few games.

Henderson a welcome addition. I really like the energy and drive he brings. Maybe not the best footballer, but he’s a good captain and takes responsibility during the game.

Keita has some good moments. But I just don’t know that he’s the type of player we wanted and need. Wouldn’t surprise me if we are shop windowing him on the sly.

They said it again last night, 19 CB pairings last season. Wow.

Lukaku vs VVD next week, very tasty
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Lukaku vs VVD next week, very tasty
    Yeah for VVD , Lukaku is shit.

cmon reds

How much did your club pay that clown Taylor
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

He handled the ball on the line. It was touch and go and the red was harsh.

Chelsea players wouldn't leave his side for 10 minutes moaning about it, hopefully they asked what the going rate is.

Regardless, that was a good match. Taking a point from Anfield - I'd be happy if it was the other way at Stamford Bridge
    Last edited by Jeterpool; 29-08-2021 at 05:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    How much did your club pay that clown Taylor
    Love your fire Stanny. See your frustration, but take the point.

Few things to consider:
    1. What happened to that “interpretation” where if a defender controls the ball and then it makes contact with arm it’s not handball? Was that a one year wonder?
    2. Taylor looked like he just looked at a few frames and stopped on the one where it contacts the hand. See above.

James sets himself in a manner that makes his body bigger, but your arms out makes you vulnerable (that’s why you see defenders defend with their arms behind their back), it strikes his leg, but his arm stops the ball and changes it’s direction. So I think that’s why the penalty is given, when his arm prevents the ball crossing the line, it’s a bit hard to claim anything. Then the red just follows as it’s a handball that denies a goal. Not sure the referee has scope to give a yellow, like he could if there’s a legit tackle attempt that results in a penalty (Eg not punishing with a red and a goal). Think his hands are tied once he gives the penalty, needs to go.

Overall, Stanny, I’d be taking that draw given the context. If it wasn’t for Mendy you’d have lost that game. We didn’t look like losing that game at 1-1.
    Havertz header was a good Goal , (not sure 100% intentional).
    Besides that, I think we handled Lukaku threat well. Always had somebody blocking his shots. Matip did well. And besides trying to find lukaku, Chelsea didn’t offer much in attack.