Page 172 of 176 FirstFirst ... 72122162170171172173174 ... LastLast
Results 3,421 to 3,440 of 3502

Thread: L-I-V-E-R-P-Double O-L Liverpool FC

  1. #3421
    Senior Member Retro Jet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,665
    I watched it from woe to go.
    Gave them 2 goals start...twice and the kids got the job done.
    Ahem...yes, we had to send in the calvary.
    Shame Minamino couldn't complete the fairytale ending for himself but it added to the spectacle.


    How many of those Leicester players won't be playing next week?
    Klyden, after inhaling the smoke from a cigarette:- (S02E11)
    "I feel as if I have been standing my entire life, and I just sat down."
    The Orville - returning to SBS. June 3rd, 2022

  2. #3422
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    3,545
    Good outcome if we plan to use it to get some fitness and/or form into our players.
    Was a good squad put out I thought for the game. Henderson, ox, minamino etc. good to get them some minutes. Will do minamino a world of good either in confidence or add another 1M onto his price. Same with Kelleher, good for him.

    I’m interested to see how Firmino bounces back. He’s never been under any real threat at any point throughout his time at Liverpool. Even when he wasn’t scoring, he was still getting a lot of praise for his link up work.
    But now Jota is scoring a heap, I’m curious what our best front 3 looks like.
    I think they both offer different things, but in terms of pecking order, 4th pick Jota is creeping up to number 3….

  3. #3423
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    3,545
    Congrats to city.

  4. #3424
    Senior Member Retro Jet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,665
    Pfft. Salah playing according to the status of that contract.
    Mane missing in more ways than one.
    Too much Christmas pudding?
    Play the kids ffs!
    Klyden, after inhaling the smoke from a cigarette:- (S02E11)
    "I feel as if I have been standing my entire life, and I just sat down."
    The Orville - returning to SBS. June 3rd, 2022

  5. #3425
    космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1991
    Posts
    456,916,319
    Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Congrats to city.
    yep, just handed them the title

    well done to the good ruling class of the United Arab Emirates and their vast petrochemical wealth

  6. #3426
    Senior Member StannyCFCJET's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Newy
    Posts
    5,101
    Great game but Anthony Taylor bottles it again. Mane should've seen red

  7. #3427
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    3,545
    Cracking first half. Only winner was City.

    Think Mane was saved by his eyes on the ball. He must’ve taken a realllll early look, but his eyes don’t deviate from the ball. I think if he looks at azpi, it’s a red.

    Think Mount was also in a bit of danger. I think it’s Jota blocks the camera angle (and the blue rose coloured glasses) of the contact from mount on tsimikas but I daresay it looks like he’s gone forearm into face of tsimikas as well. Not to mention the little afters on the ground.

    Mendy and kelleher were excellent imo. Mendy made some brilliant saves. Kelleher also kept us in it especially vs pulisic. Kovacic goal was a good example of placement over power.

    Henderson, Milner and Fabinho would have to be the least creative midfield in the league imo.

  8. #3428
    Senior Member StannyCFCJET's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Newy
    Posts
    5,101
    Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Cracking first half. Only winner was City.

    Think Mane was saved by his eyes on the ball. He must’ve taken a realllll early look, but his eyes don’t deviate from the ball. I think if he looks at azpi, it’s a red.

    Think Mount was also in a bit of danger. I think it’s Jota blocks the camera angle (and the blue rose coloured glasses) of the contact from mount on tsimikas but I daresay it looks like he’s gone forearm into face of tsimikas as well. Not to mention the little afters on the ground.

    Mendy and kelleher were excellent imo. Mendy made some brilliant saves. Kelleher also kept us in it especially vs pulisic. Kovacic goal was a good example of placement over power.

    Henderson, Milner and Fabinho would have to be the least creative midfield in the league imo.
    I rate Fabinho but the other two are past it at a top level, Kante and Kova were running rings around them. But god your soo lucky to have Salah, What a player
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��


    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

  9. #3429
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Merewether
    Posts
    5,368
    As a neutral I have to laugh at Chelski's business model.

    They had Lukaku, De Breuyne and Salah in their silo, all got loaned out and all including Lukaku last week have come back to bite them.
    Only one bloke on this foz constantly makes me laugh Plague and it ain't you - MFKS

  10. #3430
    Senior Member StannyCFCJET's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Newy
    Posts
    5,101
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    As a neutral I have to laugh at Chelski's business model.

    They had Lukaku, De Breuyne and Salah in their silo, all got loaned out and all including Lukaku last week have come back to bite them.
    Also won two European trophies, two EPLs, one league cup and one FA cup since then, Not a bad model
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��


    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

  11. #3431
    and all that cost?

  12. #3432
    Senior Member StannyCFCJET's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Newy
    Posts
    5,101
    Quote Originally Posted by fozphantom View Post
    and all that cost?
    Not my money who cares
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��


    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

  13. #3433
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    3,545
    Idk. Each to their own.
    Can’t argue with Stanny’s list of accomplishments. But it’s still funny to hear comments about how lucky we are to have Salah or city to have De Bruyne etc. But that’s bound to happen in todays climate.

    I give a guy at work some grief for “supporting” city, how boring it must be to just win every game.
    Part in jest, part serious.
    Winning the UCL and League and our general performance for the Klopp era has been an absolute pleasure to watch and wake up at ungodly hours to take in. I wonder if that’s because we had to deal with the 20 odd years of no league title, and some pretty poor seasons as a benchmark.
    People give me grief for following Liverpool. As long as I started following them and watching matches, they didn’t win a thing and were a mid table club that lucked out with Owen, Torres, Suarez, Coutinho. But those bad times and heartbreak of the slip make it much sweeter.

    Same as the Leicester fans who got to witness something they never thought possible. They’ll remember that forever.




    But it’s interesting and got me thinking if there’s many players that we have sold or that left, who went on to bigger and better things.
    I’d argue Suarez, Sterling and maybe Wijnaldum, Alonso, and Can are the only ones who we have had in our squad and let go. The rest Eg torres, Sturridge etc all went downhill

  14. #3434
    Senior Member StannyCFCJET's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Newy
    Posts
    5,101
    What the hell is going on with covid at LFC? 13 false positives for covid? Something shifty going on to play as little games as a possible without Salah
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��


    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

  15. #3435
    Senior Member Bon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    3,560
    Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    What the hell is going on with covid at LFC? 13 false positives for covid? Something shifty going on to play as little games as a possible without Salah
    Frodo will be in to join you on this convo any second now..
    He's been barraging me with "cheat" allegations all morning.. haha

  16. #3436
    Senior Member StannyCFCJET's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Newy
    Posts
    5,101
    Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    Frodo will be in to join you on this convo any second now..
    He's been barraging me with "cheat" allegations all morning.. haha
    Even the most passionte liverpool fans can't deny its a bit shifty, EPL will investigate if their serious and we will see what happens
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��


    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

  17. #3437
    Senior Member Bon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    3,560
    Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Even the most passionte liverpool fans can't deny its a bit shifty, EPL will investigate if their serious and we will see what happens
    You just focus on your own team, Stanny my mate..
    Leave the Liverpool disappointments to us fans..

  18. #3438
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    3,545
    Lol.
    I can’t imagine the EPL (or other salty clubs lodging disputes) not asking to see proof of the positive tests.
    But you know, maybe they are compromising a doctor to falsify information.

    Don’t know that we would be too fussed with a carabao cup game tbh.
    We’d at least try and do it in a EPL game that maybe had some bearing.
    Last edited by Bremsstrahlung; 11-01-2022 at 05:06 PM.

  19. #3439
    Senior Member Retro Jet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,665
    The blokes at RedmenTV nailed it when they said it didn't pose any advantage at the time. Same amount of games had to be played in the AFCON time frame and we actually lost that 2nd leg home advantage in the Cup.

    Sad to see the end of Benitez at the Ev.
    Does this mean the end if Farley's 'Agent Rafa'?
    I've looked forward to his clips with every disastrous result.
    Did anyone catch the Rafa chant from the Kop this morning?

    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=E7BCDff3ksU
    Last edited by Retro Jet; 17-01-2022 at 08:52 AM.
    Klyden, after inhaling the smoke from a cigarette:- (S02E11)
    "I feel as if I have been standing my entire life, and I just sat down."
    The Orville - returning to SBS. June 3rd, 2022

  20. #3440
    Senior Member Jeterpool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wait, I know this one
    Posts
    10,950
    Quote Originally Posted by Retro Jet View Post
    The blokes at RedmenTV nailed it when they said it didn't pose any advantage at the time. Same amount of games had to be played in the AFCON time frame and we actually lost that 2nd leg home advantage in the Cup.

    Sad to see the end of Benitez at the Ev.
    Does this mean the end if Farley's 'Agent Rafa'?
    I've looked forward to his clips with every disastrous result.
    Did anyone catch the Rafa chant from the Kop this morning?

    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=E7BCDff3ksU
    Rooney will be a good choice for Everton...has experience in the championship.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •