Page 177 of 178 FirstFirst ... 77127167175176177178 LastLast
Results 3,521 to 3,540 of 3559

Thread: L-I-V-E-R-P-Double O-L Liverpool FC

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    Proactive would have been getting a new Manager after last season finished and allowing said new Manager to settle into their role with a pre-season.
    Reactive is sacking a Manager 1/6 of the way into a season because the Board didn't like a few headlines in the Daily Mail.

Proactive and Reactive are 2 completely different words, however if you want to lie to yourself to make you feel a little better as this time go ahead.
    We wanted Tuchel long term and to build something long term with him but stuff behind the scenes made that not possible, Tuchel seemed to focus on the short term which doesnt suit the new Board's planning
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    We wanted Tuchel long term and to build something long term with him but stuff behind the scenes made that not possible, Tuchel seemed to focus on the short term which doesnt suit the new Board's planning
    Boehly and his mate sat down to offer their vision to Tuchel, they presented him with a 4-4-3 formation (12 players if you missed it) and Ronaldo leading the line. Tuchel said he didn't need to chance formations to fix their defensive issues and Ronaldo would unsettle the squad even more. They thought Tuchel was very rude for not listening to the opinions of two business men who don't know shit about football and sacked him within a week.

Chelsea are always going to be Chelsea, Potter will be financially sorted after his payout next season, and will hopefully go back to Brighton without ever needing to chase the money ever again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Another title or 2 up north and the cries for Big Ange to Liverpool might be too loud to ignore.

Nunez is a dud and Klopps lack of plan B is being exposed way too often. Boards love Big Ange because he'll be relatively cheap, he'll buy into that YNWA bullshit and can build a squad on 1/4 of the spend.

Should have taken the Salah money when it was on offer. Letting Mane walk was his downfall.

Cant wait for the Craig Foster thinkpiece somehow making this all about himself and gypo Arnie.

**** Craig Foster.

Also, Stanny talking about a bunch of Americans having a long term plan.....by immediately poaching the hot young thing. Potter gonna pull their pants down, take the cash and get back to a club that understands him. Good on him having the gumption to put up with the Chelsea nonsense long enough to get the bank managers mobile number.

Cant wait til some dickhead advisor talks the yanks into appointing Big Sam or Roy Hodgson 3 days after Chealsea sack Potter for having the audacity to win them a trophy.

Also, Big Liz dropping off the perch has put my multis in a pickle. She really should have done all this on a cup weekend. Bit selfish if you ask me.

Cheers,
    plague.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Boehly and his mate sat down to offer their vision to Tuchel, they presented him with a 4-4-3 formation (12 players if you missed it) and Ronaldo leading the line. Tuchel said he didn't need to chance formations to fix their defensive issues and Ronaldo would unsettle the squad even more. They thought Tuchel was very rude for not listening to the opinions of two business men who don't know shit about football and sacked him within a week.

Chelsea are always going to be Chelsea, Potter will be financially sorted after his payout next season, and will hopefully go back to Brighton without ever needing to chase the money ever again.
    It's way more then that.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    It's way more then that.
    Can you ****s take this to the Chelsea thread

If it doesn't involve LiVARpool or biased refereeing in favour of LiVARpool it shouldn't be in this thread

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Can you ****s take this to the Chelsea thread

If it doesn't involve LiVARpool or biased refereeing in favour of LiVARpool it shouldn't be in this thread
    I liked you once Member..

Quote Originally Posted by cobra23 View Post
    I liked you once Member..
    Attempted this trolling a bunch lately. Not getting the bites he wants. Will probably count this as a bite though…

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Attempted this trolling a bunch lately. Not getting the bites he wants. Will probably count this as a bite though…
    Probably too busy defending the unborn chemical-reactions of the world...

Anyway, back on topic..
    Haven't seen the game yet, but quite glad to wake up to see we got the win over Ajax.. Sounds a lot more positive than things have been of late..
    Last edited by Bon; 14-09-2022 at 08:31 AM.

With the results this morning, I can only assume Conte has been sacked….

Good to get some points.

And thank fk for goal line technology. In real time it was hard to determine if it was in or out. I'm sure the haters will still say it didn't cross the line.
    Thread will crack two hungie soon...
    Klyden, after inhaling the smoke from a cigarette:- (S02E11)
    "I feel as if I have been standing my entire life, and I just sat down."
    The Orville - returning to SBS. June 3rd, 2022

That game could have been anything.
    1-0 city, 1-0 Liverpool, 5-5 draw.

Salah’s control from the keeper kick to get past Cancelo was
    It seems like we have a lot of players desperate to get on the score sheet.
    Thought Jota was excellent first half in his defensive efforts. He looked the main man.
    Nunez should have had a goal. Or a few assists. Really feel for him. He’s trying. Doesn’t help when young carvalho blasts him for not passing to him, even though he was pretty well marked haha.

Little disappointed with Klopp. I enjoy his passion. But he deserved that today. Think he’s feeling a bit of pressure and in the context of the season, that was a big call, big game.

Watching live, I thought Haaland fouled Fabinho. There was no way he kicked it out from Alison’s grip, imo. but lucky there’s a clear replay showing Haaland grabbing the shirt and dragging down.

0' 25" Pep surrenders...
    1' 09" Mo 'hits the target'
    1' 45" Cancelo cam
    1' 50" Pep cam
    2' 13" see 1' 09"
    3' 01" Kop cam

You just have to laugh sometimes.
    Bit more excitement involved when the win isn’t guaranteed anymore.

Back the pre Klopp Liverpool, beat/draw with top 6 and drop points and lose to the bottom 10.

Bobby Firmino resurgence has been about the only positive this season.
    And the hilarity of watching Nunez be so close but so far from scoring goals, even that’s making me laugh.

Seriously though, Henderson (Forrest keeper) and meslier both had one of their better games of their season against us.
    Conversely, most of our players are in the worst form of the last 5 years.

I get the vibes during WC Klopp will walk. Can't see your ownership changing their methods and buying loads of new top players

I don’t know if we need loads of new players, but we need something.
    We’ve had reasonable dept over the years with a few players in their prime, but those players seem to be on the other side of their prime now.

Matip out kind of shows how underrated he is. I think him and VVD are the best CB pairing we have atm. VVD is not as unbeatable as he has been. TAA’s defensive shortcoming are becoming more apparent now that he isn’t creating assists every game.
    Our forwards injuries atm to Jota and Diaz are a worry. Otherwise we kind of have good depth here. All 5 are similar but different.

Biggest concern for me is our midfield. Henderson seems to be demoted to a bench role. Thiago has got another 5 games left before an injury gets him. Elliot and Jones should be only relied upon for late cameos with in form, experienced players around them instead of bearing responsibility. Fabinho playing his worst for a few years. And Keita, who?
    Some reinforcements in the midfield would be appreciated. I’m not sure who. Rumour was that we’ve been holding out for Bellingham but he appears equally worried by our form and would prefer to join the city dynasty. Why wouldn’t you…

Im not really sure what the purpose or ideal players for our midfield are. If Klopp would prefer 2 defensive one attacking, 1 defensive 2 all rounders, or what we are going for.
    Our best midfielder has been Firmino…

Honestly if Curtis Jones wasnt scouse he would be playing in the Championship by now. He is awful.
    Jaliens gives me the horn

Queeve...

Was nice while it lasted.
    Got a team that looks it achieved it’s goal, and now they are on coast mode.

I am enjoying a more unpredictable EPL season though.

And FMD, it’s almost hilarious watching Nunez try and score. Bloke could have as many as Haaland if he could get a few of his shots on target. Credit, he’s getting in good positions but the finishing he showed against us in UCL last season was a 10/10 and we are getting 3/10 atm.

Nice finishes this morning.
    Certainly been lacking of late.

Salah the all time highest Livepool goal scorer now and the most by a 'pool player in the Prem v United - 10, 2 more than Gerrard.

What a game!
    I love it when 'duds' score...winners!