Page 38 of 178 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888138 ... LastLast

Thread: L-I-V-E-R-P-Double O-L Liverpool FC

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    pity that its at Grubby league HQ
    only place in Newy with suitable trading hours mate
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

parksey and gallaway's stillborn child la bazzle's Avatar
    youve fallen back into that puerile manure persona that the world hates cept labaz. .
    Massive fan

Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    will be in lausanne during the game. was in stockholm whem city last won it. was great trying ro decipher what the commentators were saying about the utd game when city were down. at least swedish is a decent language which makes some sense, unlike these neutral frenchy bastards.
    sup ‎Grätzel
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDyl
    You're funnier on the internet than you are in person.
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    the NF law...the longer the thread stays open, the probablity that the thread becomes about joel griffiths approaches 1

Well that was something I haven't experienced before - going into the last game of the season with a shot still at the title.

Yeah the Liverpool match was quite a slow one, and the quality wasn't quite there. But the team secured second and reached the goal from the beginning of the season.

next season isn't going to be quite so open. Teams will be aware of Liverpool's appreach and won't be caught by surprise.

FSG can't make the same mistakes those last two scumbag owners and must invest in the team to push it on further still and go to the next level. I for one think they will and I think it'll start with the purcahse of Lallana. I won't be surprised if we see the back of Glen Johnson, either Agger or Skrtel and possibly Lucas amongst some other fringe players. There won't be many though because the club is playing in 4 competitions next season.

Glad to see the back of Moses however Cissokho wasn't horrid. He did a fair job.

Banned
    Last edited by hawk; 12-05-2014 at 09:46 AM.

Banned
    Last edited by hawk; 12-05-2014 at 09:47 AM.

You sir, are a &^%$ !

Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    will be in lausanne during the game. was in stockholm whem city last won it. was great trying ro decipher what the commentators were saying about the utd game when city were down. at least swedish is a decent language which makes some sense, unlike these neutral frenchy bastards.
    Greatest city in the world, Snake.. Nice work mate..

fixed

Hahahaha.. Love your work, Hawk..

happy for discussion but going to far doesnt pay. yes pool got 2nd and get nothing but a couple of $. next

So apparently Pools goal this season was Champs League qualification and that was it.

What's the goal next season?
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    So apparently Pools goal this season was Champs League qualification and that was it.

not to wear purple, avoid relegation, stay average. yours?

not to wear purple, avoid relegation, stay average. yours?

Arsenals realistic goals in my eyes would be:
    - Sign a world class striker
    - Replace Sagna with a good right back (he wants to leave, apparently)
    - At least top 4 again
    - At least make it out of Group Stage in Champs League
    - St Totteringham's Day
    - At least one trophy (hopefully to back up the FA Cup!)
    - Keep Rambo, Ozil, Theo & Jack fit for the whole season (and with that, I think a trophy will come tbh)
    - Zelalem & Gnabry to get game time throughout the season, and to do really well

Arsenals audacious goals in my eyes would be:
    - Win the league
    - Semis/Final/Win the Champs League
    OK

I think we are another year or 2 away from a dominant title campaign. We may be in a similar position come Xmas next year (in the mix with a few games left) but i think we are a few years away from a campaign where we win it with a few games to go.

That being said, I think our realistic goals would be similar to yours.
    - Finish Top 4, otherwise all the hard work would be for nothing and we would risk losing a lot of players.
    - A solid Group stage in Europe, a win or 2 would be good. (Unless we improve our squad depth a lot, i think we are better off concentrating on securing 4th, than attempting a CL push.)
    - Sign a quality striker. Give Suarez and Sturridge a break when their form dips. And just to add to our squad. City, for example, have the luxury of having Negredo, Dzeko, Aguero, Jovetic. 4 Quality strikers.
    - Sort our defence out. This is pivotal if we want any success next year. Our defence is simply not good enough. Excuse my *mini-rant*
    -Another solid midfielder is needed for our increase in fixtures. Hopefully reunite Alonso and Gerrard for another CL campaign haha.
    -Retain Suarez for another year. I think Madrid will come knocking tbh. SO i think we should be looking for a replacement. Though his recent love-in with Gerrard may entice him to stay for one final shot.
    - Extend Rogers contract - he looks like a long term option. Just the way he carries himself and speaks is what we've been after for so long, without having the circus of Mourinho and joining the merry-go-round of coaches.

Audacious goals
    - Win the league
    - Quarter Finals CL.

How we strengthen the squad over the next few months will determine just how competitive we aim to be. We have a real chance to secure our next 3 years of Top 4 with some solid signings.

*Ok, our defence has let us down so many times this year. Things happen but on so many occasions we ****ed up with OG's, slips and careless turnovers. I'm talking about those gift goals. i.e. Stevie G, Toure had a few. If we irradicate just those goals, we win the league this year imo. Success story for this year is Flanagan, he has emerged as a genuine hope for the future. Skrtel's refusal to leave, speaking to Rogers begging for a chance to stay and try and earn a spot, has been great. His form has been terrific and probably our best CB option atm. I believe Agger has done reasonably well when he plays. I don't really know why he was made Vice captain if Rogers didn't see him as a regular starter, so that makes me wonder what happened. Imo get rid of Sakho and Toure. Bring in a World Class CB, play Skrtel or Agger alongside them. Johnson has been AIDS recently. He has potential to be brilliant but his capitulation against Palace was the final straw for me. Sell him, get some $$$ before he is worthless. Cissokho did well, but we need a better long term option. Hopefully Enrique is fit :S. Essentially, A new CB, and a LB. And possibly a hybrid player who can do either.

Ps, good riddance Moses. ffs.

Matt Hummels.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    Matt Hummels.
    Mats* Hummels

Big talks of Manure after him, they reckon Van Gaal will persuade him somehow. Hummels certainly is a wanted man by many clubs!
    OK

Mats* Hummels

Big talks of Manure after him, they reckon Van Gaal will persuade him somehow. Hummels certainly is a wanted man by many clubs!
    Yeah him too.

I've seen the Man U links they are also linked to Strootman I would love us to highjack both bids something I think we may be able to do now with CL. Years gone pass we've done all the leg work with transfers only to have the likes of Chelsea, United & City snatch them away at the last hour with CL football being the deciding factor.

Reports are that Rodgers will get £60mil I think with £70-£80mil you could land Lallana, Hummels, Strootman, Richards & Shaw. So with the sale of Reina, Johnson, Enrique & Coates + £60mil it's possible to fund.
    Also with Borini and Assaidi returning I don't think there is a need to splash the cash on some forwards and the return from injury of Martin Kelly will be like a new signing.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Where are Pool getting 60-80m from, though? I get the sale of those few players will help, but: if City have breached Financial Fair Play in Europe, and there is any truth behind Pool already breaching it with their current squad, how are they actually allowed to spend that money?
    OK