Page 41 of 178 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191141 ... LastLast

Thread: L-I-V-E-R-P-Double O-L Liverpool FC

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    cheers, guys. obviously there is some bias in there but i tried to be impartial wherever possible.
    I thought you were very impartial for what it's worth

Banned
    http://www.theroar.com.au/2014/05/15...for-liverpool/

feel free to check out an article i wrote about liverpool's performance this season and their prospects next season.
    Yes it does appear that having some academic writing skill can hide a sinister side to some but that what it can hide is a retarded sugar coated story that sticks the boot in to liverpools achievments.

failed to finish first past the post - never thought theyd be anywhere near it.
    cashed up man city - manu have spent more in the 90s & 00's
    not many have touted jack sh1t for next year especially round here
    "a haze of slapstick defending, mental fragility and tactical naivety"? sounds like you are suming up uniteds year
    gerrard least influential? you cant know how he galvanises that team

You have attempted to piss on on a pretty good liverpool season, the excellent efforts of a first season coach, and the chance of taking a title for the first time for a while and failed to mentioned how shit your team was even though more has been spent than most others.....I cannot understand how others here can give credit for this shit. feel free stick your opinions in your ***.

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pessimist View Post
    Yes it does appear that having some academic writing skill can hide a sinister side to some but that what it can hide is a retarded sugar coated story that sticks the boot in to liverpools achievments.

"a haze of slapstick defending, mental fragility and tactical naivety"? sounds like you are suming up uniteds year

You have attempted to piss on on a pretty good liverpool season, the excellent efforts of a first season coach, and the chance of taking a title for the first time for a while and failed to mentioned how shit your team was even though more has been spent than most others.....I cannot understand how others here can give credit for this shit. feel free stick your opinions in your ***.
    sorry, mate. next time i write an article about liverpool i'll be sure to make most of it about united.

gotta keep the readers happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

Possibly one of the more retarded posts I've read today.
    Cheers for giving me a larf mate.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

jeez ez it up^^....hey porksey that article does have a frustrated manu fan perspective written all over it, lol.

Why so negative?

And geez captain obvious, I know it's rugby league season and you're most likely flat out with the simple statements coming from that "game" but you left that low hanging fruit for far too long.

Banned

Yep

Brendan Rodgers wasn't there the season before was he???

Could swear he was.

Yep

Brendan Rodgers wasn't there the season before was he???

Could swear he was.
    had 2 years. he better shape up or he's out

Uruguay's Luis Suarez to have knee operation before World Cup

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/fifa-world-cup...#ixzz32UxpIlAU

sell sell sell

I am surprised at the high profile players reportedly going to man united considering they arent playing in europe next year. I also love how Liverpool fans get so excited over players that they have never heard of just because they are rumoured to be transfer targets. As long as we don't sign Cashley I will be happy

FFS £15mil for Nathan Clyne they can't be serious even Comolli wouldn't pay that much for him.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Rogers here until 2018. Good news! He seems to have a lot of respect from the playing group. His only downfall is his ability in the transfer market, but it's hard to blame him as FSG and the "transfer committee" must shoulder some responsibility. Now we have UCL, a stable coach and a promising season ahead it'll be interesting to see what we can do.

Suarez having his meniscus trimmed. Relatively minor surgery. Interesting that he didn't try and play out the world cup first, as surgery 3 weeks prior with an estimated recovery of 2-3 weeks seems risky. Meniscal injuries can be quite debilitating, i know my knee was 'locked' with about 15 degrees of movement. but he seemed to be playing relatively freely. Perhaps another reason for his lacklustre last few weeks of the season.

reports are that Spurs could come in for Llallana, Southampton want 30mil pounds for him due to a large sell on fee from his previous club, we only want to pay 20mil.
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    reports are that Spurs could come in for Llallana, Southampton want 30mil pounds for him due to a large sell on fee from his previous club, we only want to pay 20mil.
    Don't know if he's worth 30M. Considering arsenal offered 40m +1 for suarez (not really a serious offer, just trying to reach a clause). There's a lot better players we could get for 20-25.
    That being said, I think we need to splurge a little bit, overpay for the right player. So if Rogers sees him as a 2-3+ year project.

Still think sterling is going to blitz it this World Cup providing he gets some game time, and epl season.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    There's a lot better players we could get for 20-25.
    Which players, out of curiosity?
    OK

Yeh, probably a bad choice of words to say "a lot", i think Lallana would be a good buy. And i hope we can get him in. But, 30M is a big inflation. His age is in his favour and I think Rodgers would nurture him well.
    A few players, not necessarily better than Lallana.
    I wish we had signed Cabaye to be honest. PSG bought him for 19M.
    Thauvin for <20M
    Could probably get Alonso for <20M if he fancied a reunion with Gerrard.
    Remy Cabella from Montepllier
    Draxler
    Coentrao as a LB option
    Shaqiri
    Last edited by Bremsstrahlung; 29-05-2014 at 07:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Which players, out of curiosity?
    me, id prop my price i guess.

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    no way is draxler going that cheaply
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

no way is draxler going that cheaply
    Kind of forgot that requisite.
    I just think 30M for Lallana is a bit hefty. They've only upped it because they have to cuperate funds for his previous club.

Arsenal tipped to get Draxler.

Pool being linked with Ashley Cole who said somewhere he wants to leave.

You Liverpool fans, of all people, should know and accept that any English player has a giant inflation on him.

Apart from Alonso, who is a short-term option more than anything, the names you have mentioned Brem are all unproven in the EPL. It's definately a gamble to peg big short-term hopes on a player that you'll be spending 20m+ for who may need time to acclimatize to the league.

Gerrard is on his way out, the longer Suarez actually stays around the more Spanish clubs will circle him - IMO Liverpools genuine title hopes will be gone within a year or two. You guys need to do what you can now. Alonso, maybe, or Lallana IMO would be your best midfield bets.

Apparently Poch wants to use his relationship to get Lallana at Sp*rs, as phernz said, so this will only drive his price up more as Levy has no issues spending.

The strongest rumours ATM for Pool are midfielders & strikers (Lambert the freshest), though. You guys need a lot more CB rumours and/or signings happening!
    OK

That may not be an option for Spurs, as according to the Beeb Saints are pretty pissed that Pochettino ran down his contract and wouldnt resign until the offseason. Then lo and behold he leaves for Spurs. They may not sell to him.
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast