Page 42 of 178 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292142 ... LastLast

Thread: L-I-V-E-R-P-Double O-L Liverpool FC

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    The strongest rumours ATM for Pool are midfielders & strikers (Lambert the freshest), though. You guys need a lot more CB rumours and/or signings happening!
    This, I agree 100%
    Call me stupid or crazy but I think it maybe tactics. Blind Freddie can see we are desperate for defenders and clubs can use that as a negotiation tool against us. So if we link ourselves to all these strikers make us seem like we're not after defenders may drive down the price when we enter negotiations for defenders.
    Make sense to me just hope I'm right.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

IMO a world class CB takes a good 15 goals off our against column...

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    IMO a world class CB takes a good 15 goals off our against column...
    best get 2, takes pressure off the attack that teams will now be able to break down.

Lambert signed. Official

Not bad for 4M.
    Was hoping for a few more pre workd cup. Most players probably hoping their stocks rise

Moreno medical is getting organised. Lallana has apparently told Soton he wants to leave but not so far as a formal transfer request yet

4-5m for Lambert, even considering his age, is an awesome signing. Good story that he's a former Pool player too. Good work there!
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Moreno medical is getting organised. Lallana has apparently told Soton he wants to leave but not so far as a formal transfer request yet
    I think it's inevitable he will leave.
    Just out of curiosity, what effect does a formal transfer request have? It's made out to be some big thing. But does it force the clubs hand in any way? Or is it basically just a I don't want to play here, I'm not gonna play well if you keep me. Seems a easy way to lower your value.

Just out of curiosity, what effect does a formal transfer request have? It's made out to be some big thing. But does it force the clubs hand in any way? Or is it basically just a I don't want to play here, I'm not gonna play well if you keep me. Seems a easy way to lower your value.
    Usually when a player is transferred both the player and agent are entitled to a small percentage of the transfer fee(around 5% I think), if a transfer request is submitted by the player he negates his entitlement to his percent of the transfer fee.
    Also it's a PR risk too if a player comes out and puts in a official transfer request then ends up not getting a transfer not only will it upset the fans but who wants to play with someone who doesn't want to be in the team.
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Thanks Premy. Assumed the PR would be a bad move. Eg Suarez saying he wanted to play for Madrid. All but putting in a request.
    Didn't know about the fee though. To be it would lessen his value in the market. Knowing that the club have to get rid of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    Usually when a player is transferred both the player and agent are entitled to a small percentage of the transfer fee(around 5% I think), if a transfer request is submitted by the player he negates his entitlement to his percent of the transfer fee.
    Also it's a PR risk too if a player comes out and puts in a official transfer request then ends up not getting a transfer not only will it upset the fans but who wants to play with someone who doesn't want to be in the team.
    Thanks Premy. Assumed the PR would be a bad move. Eg Suarez saying he wanted to play for Madrid. All but putting in a request.
    Didn't know about the fee though. To be it would lessen his value in the market. Knowing that the club have to get rid of him.
    THere is also the loyalty bonus that long serving players get as a part of their contract (if negotiated). A formal tranfer requests negated this because then the player has instigated the move, not the selling club. Usually the buying club will offset this of that's the case.

Banned
    Rumour doing the rounds in Uruguay is Luis Suarez to Man Utd for squillions

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Rumour doing the rounds in Uruguay is Luis Suarez to Man Utd for squillions
    Similar to reports over here, media will do anything to sell a paper this is one of the most ridiculous reports ever.
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Wouldn't sell him to the mancs for more money than the glazers can leverage against all they own....wouldn't sell him to anyone for anything for that matter.

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    absolutely nothing more than trying to sell papers

no true united fan would want a bar of him anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post

true? no such thing and yes they would. be just another step in buying the comp back

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post

Had a better season last year than ronaldo's best at man utd, in a worse team. all would be forgotten by his 5th goal or so.
    we will loose

You're a funny man, parksey.
    OK

It ain't happening.
    They ain't selling to another EPL club, especially mid table fodder like United.

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    i would genuinely rather die
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week