Page 65 of 178 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775115165 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,300 of 3559

Thread: L-I-V-E-R-P-Double O-L Liverpool FC

Jurgen Klopp just sitting there flicking through Ferrari catalogs waiting for the phone to ring.

He picked quite possibly the best year to have a rubbish season ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    "It was fantastic that Liverpool showed great character to only be 5 behind at half time"
    hahaha. just another year for the reds. onwards and upwards to 4th.....

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Jurgen Klopp just sitting there flicking through Ferrari catalogs waiting for the phone to ring.

He picked quite possibly the best year to have a rubbish season ever.
    As if he would be willing to accept a shit gig like coaching Liverpool when he could go anywhere??

Career suicide

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    As if he would be willing to accept a shit gig like coaching Liverpool when he could go anywhere??

Career suicide
    nah cuz. my post was saying that his phone is gonna ring, and ring and ring.
    he'll choose the pick of the jobs available across europe.
    Liverpool will be one of the choices it would seem.

regardless, he's getting paid and he's landing on his feet.

and to think more of it, getting liverpool anywhere above 7th is an upgrade right? and if they go to shit he can pull the 'rebuilding phase after Gerrards gone etc etc etc" might get 4 or 5 years worth of excuses.

if he goes to Madrid/Arsenal/citeh he needs to win the comp or he's failed.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Banned
    Can go to Arsenal and have no pressure

Winning shit has never been a pre requisite for Wenger keeping his job

and to think more of it, getting liverpool anywhere above 7th is an upgrade right? and if they go to shit he can pull the 'rebuilding phase after Gerrards gone etc etc etc" might get 4 or 5 years worth of excuses.

if he goes to Madrid/Arsenal/citeh he needs to win the comp or he's failed.
    This is on the money.

Does anyone know of a website that lists reds players and what games they scored their goals in?

I'm trying to trace all of Craig Johston's goals to specific games.

Found it...http://www.lfchistory.net/players/player/profile/335
    Last edited by ToddG NBUnited; 12-06-2015 at 10:26 PM.

Harry Kewell played in the Liverpool 'legends' team v Real Madrid yesterday at the Bernabau.

You all need to find yourselves some better 'legends' if he's making the cut.

Harry Kewell played in the Liverpool 'legends' team v Real Madrid yesterday at the Bernabau.

You all need to find yourselves some better 'legends' if he's making the cut.
    Jason McAteer made the cut too
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Jason McAteer made the cut too
    Yeah but at least McAteer has the accent to at least fool a few more people.
    Kewell was trash there and everyone hated his guts.

Latest Anfield Wrap ep - excellent discussion on transfers.

Also looks likely Sterling will go to Citeh for the 50mil price we slapped on his forehead. Happy to let him go?

Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    Latest Anfield Wrap ep - excellent discussion on transfers.

Also looks likely Sterling will go to Citeh for the 50mil price we slapped on his forehead. Happy to let him go?
    He's pretty good but he seems to have fallen for the street homeboy syndrome. can go back to cosby kids for all i care.

sewarez was a bigger loss

Looks like we are about to sign Roberto Firmino from Hoffenheim
    Also looking at Carlos Bacca from Sevilla instead of Benteke from Villa because they want 32mil pounds. Bacca has a release clause of 21.5mil pounds and scored 20 goals in La Liga last season and won the Europa League. TAW boys were waxing lyrical about him for about 10 minutes straight haha
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post

take the money.
    heck, hire a nice car to get him safely to Maine Road.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    Seems like I am WRONG

My concerns with Sterling are not regarding him leaving for 50M. It's the way in which he's gone about it. We kind of need to show that we are capable of playing hardball a little bit with regards to our players. Suarez kicked up a stink, started misbehaving and was practically a liability in the end. Sterling is doing the same thing, his actions in the media, his agent's comments and his general demeanour towards the end of the year have made him somewhat of a liability. Once you have a player that wants out, it is very hard to regain their interest, and who wants to have a player in first 11 that does't want to be there, you ain't getting his best. But it sends a message to current/future players that if they want a deal, just act up, and we will let you go. Other clubs pounce on this. Clubs would be offering more for Sterling if they thought he was happy at Liverpool. They know he is unsettled, they know Liverpool are strongly considering letting him go, they won't have to try as hard as they would normally to get him.

Regardless, I'd probably let him go for the 50M or pimp him out to the highest paying club.
    Firminio looks like a good signing if we get him. Would be good with Coutinho and him linking, with Lucas around the squad too.
    Don't know much about Bacca (apart from what TAW have been saying which makes him sound like Ronaldo).

Will take Bacca over Benteke
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Never really rated Benteke. Granted, haven't really seen him play much, but he strikes me as being similar to Balotelli. More so, I don't think he suits the way we play best.
    We need pace up front for mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Suarez kicked up a stink, started misbehaving and was practically a liability in the end.
    wasn't his gripe about a handshake deal he had with management a few years back that if there was no Champions League football he could go?
    (around the time of the Victory match in Aust?). I thought he then agreed to play out the year (2013/14) then he could go. he was player of the year in his last season and darn near won the title himself. i was more than ok with the way it went down other than thinking that Liverpool were stupid for letting him go for anything less than $500,000,000,000.
    Seems like I am WRONG

If he's anything like Coutinho, i'm happy.
    Watched a few of his highlights on the Tube this morning. Looks like he plays best in AM, and he seems to pile on the assists. But he likes to get forward and join the front line a bit as well. I daresay his first position would be AM, with ability to play up front.
    Still think we need a world class striker and maybe a new CB. Especially if we sell Sterling, a world class proven striker is needed.

Overall, I don't think out signings are too bad this summer.
    Milner and Bogden on frees. Milner will be a great addition. I wish we got a bit of a better keeper though. To really push Mignolet.
    Ings - hopefully develops a little. If he can score that many for Burnley, hopefully with better service, he can knock a few more in.
    Origi - not overly convinced.
    Firmino - Doesn't look bad. Should be a handy player.

We really need to start getting quality over quantity. The need for a squad is diminished this year. I think we will write off Europa for players needing a game. Focus on the League.