Page 68 of 168 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078118 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,360 of 3352

Thread: L-I-V-E-R-P-Double O-L Liverpool FC

  1. #1341
    infant member plague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    13,872
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Bayern with Gomez, and later Manduzkić
    The year Manduzkic top scored on 17 they had 6 players in double figures, and a team with Robben, Mueller, Schweiny, Gomez and Ribery are more than a one trick pony. The year before he was only 2 goals in font of Mueller.

    Cant find anything on the Gomez years so will take your word on it.

    The 2 years of Carroll getting the plaudits at Newcastle the 2nd highest scorer was Kevin ****ing Nolan. Anyone was gonna look good amongst that Geordie pile of stink.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Seems like I am WRONG

  2. #1342
    brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,335
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Bayern with Gomez, and later Manduzkić
    please

    a blind rat could score 30 goals a season in that bayern team

    bayern's success has got nothing to do with their strikers, especially gomez
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

    he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully itís the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

  3. #1343
    aka WLG pv4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    7,410
    What about any team featuring Zlatan?
    OK

  4. #1344
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,063
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    What about any team featuring Zlatan?
    Don't you even dare bringing God into the same conversation as Andy Carroll.

  5. #1345
    aka WLG pv4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    7,410
    Quote Originally Posted by Imyourhero View Post
    Don't you even dare bringing God into the same conversation as Andy Carroll.
    We were talking about teams who have been successful with a big target man.
    OK

  6. #1346
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    652
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    We were talking about teams who have been successful with a big target man.
    Zlatan is not a target man. He is a one man team!

  7. #1347
    aka WLG pv4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    7,410
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    please

    a blind rat could score 30 goals a season in that bayern team

    bayern's success has got nothing to do with their strikers, especially gomez
    What are your thoughts on the success of Manure with van Nistelrooy, and the team around him?
    OK

  8. #1348
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    17,380
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    What are your thoughts on the success of Manure with van Nistelrooy, and the team around him?
    the rest of their team put his goals on a platter for him.

    Allan Shearer was a true centre forward

  9. #1349
    brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,335
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    What are your thoughts on the success of Manure with van Nistelrooy, and the team around him?
    he was the best striker i've seen play for united and is one of the best pure strikers of all time.

    the team's success was a combination of the quality around him and his ability to finish the chances created for him with amazing consistency. there was no changing of philosophy to suit him; we had lot of wing play with becks and giggs out wide and a young scholes making the play and getting forward.

    he was a top class striker and a perfect fit for the team. his intelligent movement and strength meant that he was always an option for those with the ball.
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

    he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully itís the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

  10. #1350
    aka WLG pv4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    7,410
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    he was the best striker i've seen play for united and is one of the best pure strikers of all time.

    the team's success was a combination of the quality around him and his ability to finish the chances created for him with amazing consistency. there was no changing of philosophy to suit him; we had lot of wing play with becks and giggs out wide and a young scholes making the play and getting forward.

    he was a top class striker and a perfect fit for the team. his intelligent movement and strength meant that he was always an option for those with the ball.
    Take out the reference to becks, giggs and scholes - did you think similar of particularly first-year RVP?
    OK

  11. #1351
    infant member plague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    13,872
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    What are your thoughts on the success of Manure with van Nistelrooy, and the team around him?
    I'd say Ruud was more a 'finisher' than a target man. Fergie was great at keeping his philosophy simple and continually plugging new players into that system with great effect.

    Having said that 'finisher' is a pretty weak explanation of how ****ing good
    Ruud was. Bloke was just made to score goals.


    Reackon Hawk has nailed it with his Shearer post though. Great example, although that was what? 30 years ago? Times have changed.

  12. #1352
    brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,335
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Take out the reference to becks, giggs and scholes - did you think similar of particularly first-year RVP?
    van persie pretty much carried us to our last title
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

    he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully itís the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

  13. #1353
    Senior Member MFKS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    KOTARA STH
    Posts
    15,266
    So theres £32.5m of the Sterling money wasted on Benteke.

    Liverpool never disappoint when it comes to paying overs for average players
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post

    Double-eff-aye should introduce a 3rd division and dump these ice addict welfare living scumbags straight there. dont even let them get their stink anywhere near 2nd division.

  14. #1354
    brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,335
    benteke is like 23

    edit: i read "average" as "overage"

    anyway, i think 30mil for a young striker of benteke's quality is more than fair. for some reason people seem to not realise, or refuse to accept, that transfer fees are just inherently bigger than they were 10 years ago. the amount of money available tos clubs is rising every year and thus so is the price of players.
    Last edited by parksey; 23-07-2015 at 11:11 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

    he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully itís the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

  15. #1355
    Senior Member Jeterpool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wait, I know this one
    Posts
    10,566
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    So theres £32.5m of the Sterling money wasted on Benteke.

    Liverpool never disappoint when it comes to paying overs for average players
    I'm certainly not writing him off before he's played a game. I think he will do ok.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

  16. #1356
    Senior Member Premy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3,728
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    So theres £32.5m of the Sterling money wasted on Benteke.

    Liverpool never disappoint when it comes to paying overs for average players
    His £10mil overpriced but non the less it's still a good signing.
    Quote Originally Posted by the_butcher View Post
    I support the NCIP

  17. #1357
    Senior Member MFKS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    KOTARA STH
    Posts
    15,266
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    benteke is like 23

    edit: i read "average" as "overage"

    anyway, i think 30mil for a young striker of benteke's quality is more than fair. for some reason people seem to not realise, or refuse to accept, that transfer fees are just inherently bigger than they were 10 years ago. the amount of money available tos clubs is rising every year and thus so is the price of players.
    It has nothing to do with inflation from 10 years ago.

    I look it as value for money.

    Arsenal signed Alexis Sanchez a QUALITY proven international player for similar money 12 months ago.

    If comparing the two signings head to head Benteke is easily worth half of what Sanchez is.


    Its really about what others are paying for players.
    Liverpool here have massively overspent on what Bentekes true transfer worth is just like Man City did signing Sterling
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post

    Double-eff-aye should introduce a 3rd division and dump these ice addict welfare living scumbags straight there. dont even let them get their stink anywhere near 2nd division.

  18. #1358
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,063
    Lukaku > Benteke

  19. #1359
    brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,335
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    It has nothing to do with inflation from 10 years ago.

    I look it as value for money.

    Arsenal signed Alexis Sanchez a QUALITY proven international player for similar money 12 months ago.

    If comparing the two signings head to head Benteke is easily worth half of what Sanchez is.


    Its really about what others are paying for players.
    Liverpool here have massively overspent on what Bentekes true transfer worth is just like Man City did signing Sterling
    Yeah agree about Alexis being much better value, but that was a pretty great deal for Arsenal.

    Benteke is a proven premier league striker. He's scored 42 goals in 88 league games for Villa, about 1 goal in every 2 games despite being out injured a few times. He's only 24 and had time to run on his contract so 30 odd million is fair to me.

    I don't know if city's deal for Sterling was all that bad too.

    Quote Originally Posted by Imyourhero View Post
    Lukaku > Benteke
    Nah I reckon Benteke is more accomplished than Lukaku, who seems to think he's already made it.
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

    he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully itís the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

  20. #1360
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    3,102
    It really is so much better watching Johnson play for the opposing team.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •