Results 1,601 to 1,620 of 3559

Thread: L-I-V-E-R-P-Double O-L Liverpool FC

"Highly overrated shit ****s".
    Why so?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    "Highly overrated shit ****s".
    Why so?
    Carraghers was good for a classic oggy every year.

Despite playing for 17 years he only ever played 30 odd times for England.
    When I think of English defenders of his generation Terry Rio Ferdinand Sol Campbell etc were superior players to him by a long long way

As for Stevie G

Lampard was a superior player who scored more NT goals and scored more club goals. That being said Lampard also done it for a team competing and winning trophies.

Stevie G will always be remembered as the bloke who tripped over the ball and cost his side the League

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    As for Stevie G

Lampard was a superior player who scored more NT goals and scored more club goals. That being said Lampard also done it for a team competing and winning trophies.
    Yeah look 'overrated' should never be put on the player it's not like they are asking anyone's opinion anyway.

Regardless, I always though Gerrard came across as a selfish player who's highlight reel was spectacular but he seemed to be a very very good player in a bunch of positions yet never 'the best' at any of them.

And just on your point I thought Scholes was by far the best English midfielder of his generation by quite a margin.

I also thought Carragher came across as a bad teammate but always hid behind the old 'passionate' chestnut as an excuse to be an utter **** to blokes.
    The amount of times I saw him score an oggie then tear strips of a teammate was hilarious.

Didn't poor old Arbeloa get the hell out of dodge because he couldn't deal with Carragher?

I know which one of those 2 I'd have kept.

Anyway though just watching footage of Torres today made me think how amazing some of their old players were.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Yeah look 'overrated' should never be put on the player it's not like they are asking anyone's opinion anyway.

Regardless, I always though Gerrard came across as a selfish player who's highlight reel was spectacular but he seemed to be a very very good player in a bunch of positions yet never 'the best' at any of them.

And just on your point I thought Scholes was by far the best English midfielder of his generation by quite a margin.
    Not saying he wasn't.

Was just comparing two similar players and showing the effect one had on being part of a winning club and the other who didn't win a league title ever

Carragher Retired early from International Football but I would agree he was never good enough, he should never have been converted to a Central Defender and should have just stayed out on the flank.

As for Stevie G
    You say he will only be remembered slipping over to lose the title? I would dispute that.
    I'll remember him being a young Captain dragging his team from 3-0 down in Istanbul to one of the greatest comebacks in history to win the CL final. That same bloke who slip also stood up in 2006 at 3-2 down with no time left and scored a belter from 30 yards to take the FA cup final to Extra time and eventually win in penalties. That's the Steven Gerrard Liverpool will remember and we won't give 2 f**ks about what anyone else has to say about him.

Have Liverpool underachieved in the League in the last decade? No doubt they have, 2009 and 2014 we're prime examples of us bottling our best chances. But...
    Thats Football, it's a game of small margins and taking your chance which in the League Liverpool have not been able to do.
    It's been frustrating at times it's been exciting at times and it's been down right heartbreaking at times.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

This Liverpool v spurs game is garbage.

Remember when Suarez played and he'd turn up to Spurs and be all like 'yeah let me put another few in you guys are trash'.

Is this Mane bloke the 2nd coming of El Hadj Djouf? Dead set crazy person.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    This Liverpool v spurs game is garbage.

Remember when Suarez played and he'd turn up to Spurs and be all like 'yeah let me put another few in you guys are trash'.
    yeah, that was crap, couldnt get rid of him quick enough

LFC NSW is pleased to present An Evening with Steve McMahon.
    Steve is in Australia thanks to Dunbar Rovers FC and we are very appreciative that they have made Steve available to Reds supporters during the short time he is in the country.
    Steve was LFC's midfield enforcer, signed by Kenny Dalglish in 1985 to replace Graeme Souness and when he left LFC in 1991 he had made over 200 appearances, scoring 29 goals and winning 3 League titles, 2 FA Cups and 5 Charity Shields.

You can meet Steve and hear him chat about his time during one of the most successful periods in the club's history on Thursday September 8th at 80 Proof, George St, Sydney.
    Doors open at 7pm for a 730pm start. Tickets are only $20 each.
    LFC NSW is donating any profits from this event to our nominated charity for this season - Heartbeat of Football.

Full event details and tickets available here https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/lfc-...ts-27353356626
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Good performance.
    But f*** me, our defence needs a revamp. Can tell we are playing with 2 makeshift defenders.
    Lucas made the cardinal sin of making a simple error a bad error, absolute gift for Vardy. Milner had a reasonable game, didn't have to do too much, was much better going forward this time.

Sturridge did well, very smart runs and opens up so much room for Mane and Firmino. Those 3 could be so potent for us this season. We have sorely missed pace upfront. We saw what Liverpool could do when we had pace in attack and dangerous players with Suarez, Sturbridge and Sterling. Obviously, not quite a Suarez-class player but Mane and Firmino are showing glimpses of that fluidity in attack. Add in Lallana and Coutinho and we have some very exciting and capable players.

Mignolet copped a battering, and did reasonably well, despite almost refusing to be an option when Lucas got stuck.

Wijnaldum and Henderson are industrious, but uneventful. Maybe thats the balance we need. Can will probably come in for Wijnaldum when fit. That will allow Henderson/Wijnaldum to push forward and hopefully exhibit some of their creativity/passing.

One thing is for sure, it's never dull supporting this club.

Of course they are makeshift defenders. Lovren copped a knock in training, Matip has played two games in the epl and Klaven was back from injury. And Sahko needs to prove to Klopp he is worth persevering with.
    A great defence when all options are fully fit and available for selection.

And expect to see Karius sooner rather than later.

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    finally got a stream working for the last few minutes

nerve wracking stuff but a win at Stamford Bridge is never going to be easy

watch us lose at home to Hull next week

Good win.
    First half we were all over them, let them back into it in the second half. Did Matic do well or what to set up their goal, some average defending, but he did well to keep his composure and dink that to Costa.

Henderson Needs to add more of that. I'd like to see him finish a shot in the 18yd box though.

Good result, keep em coming!

Thoroughly enjoyed watching that back (didn't get to see it live before having to go to work).
    One of the best first halfs I've seen from a Reds team against a top side.

This season will be very interesting

Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    Thoroughly enjoyed watching that back (didn't get to see it live before having to go to work).
    One of the best first halfs I've seen from a Reds team against a top side.

This season will be very interesting
    I think this season is going to be a sprint between the top teams, unlike last year when it was all quite even and points were regularly dropped
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

if I was stupid enough to gamble I'd bet on Hull winning at Anfield

good thing I'm not stupid enough to gamble

Teams have certainly come out the blocks quickly this season - many teams getting blown off the park and the dominant team continuing to push even when the game has been won.

Saw a post that said this is the 3rd best league start in the last 25 years for Liverpool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Uhmmm since when does the ball not need to go forward from a kickoff?