Page 93 of 178 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103143 ... LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,860 of 3559

Thread: L-I-V-E-R-P-Double O-L Liverpool FC

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    what exactly were you guys expecting out of this game and telecast?
    the whole thing is a massive piss take, enabled by everyone who tunes in.

blame yo selves.
    Nailed it.

I love Liverpool, but it's all a bit of a joke and Ive struggled to maintain an interest watching it.

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    ****ing appalling service from NSW Transport not putting on extra services to Newcastle

making kids wait an hour at Strathfield is not only a joke, it's dangerous

Who the **** was that Asian dude on the fence. Can TV stations outside of Sbs not try and disgrace/ ruin football. Worse then Channel 10 saying that guy behind the Manchester attack was a soccer fan

So the second half of football was probably the worst I've ever paid to watch.

The crowd was more interested in paper planes and the Mexican wave.

The game was played crazy slow.

Quote Originally Posted by NUGUNS View Post
    So the second half of football was probably the worst I've ever paid to watch.

The crowd was more interested in paper planes and the Mexican wave.

The game was played crazy slow.
    Exactly what happened when Chelsea came down under. Sydney crowds seem more like tourists instead of football fans

I guess the whole experience was somewhat as expected.
    First half: decent squad, obviously the squad most people wanted to see. Keeping in mind we needed some first Team players for the second half. Obviously older and less skilful, but you could still see class in Gerrard and Carragher.
    Second half: very lacklustre. I expected a heap of subs at half time. Obviously expected the first team players to be pulled and the rest given a half. But lallana was playing as like a CM and bar a few runs from Woodburn/Wilson (blame the seats) they seemed happy to coast. While it was good to see the players in decent match fitness and game smarts, (firmino was Brilliant) I think I prefer the preseason tours.
    Anyway. It's all about expectations really. If you wanted a game of Liverpool FC top four EPL vs sydney a league champions and a battle for a club championship you were probably disappointed. If you expected an exhibition game, then you probs got what you thought.
    Most embarrassing thing for me was:
    A) people calling shoot to Lucas, people thinking others were booing him, and consequently booing, for no reason but sheep mentality. (Where is sheep quiz at....)
    B) Mexican waves
    C) paper planes. Maybe a sign of the game in the second half, but when the crowd is more interested in paper planes it is a bit ridiculous. I can only imagine plopped thinking wtf are they doing.

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Exactly what happened when Chelsea came down under. Sydney crowds seem more like tourists instead of football fans
    Went down, had great seats and was really impressed with the first half for a exhibition match.
    Sturridge and firmino are ****ing all class , Steve g is wasted retired.
    Second half was typical boring.
    Sydney is a disgrace and joke for football.
    Melbourne shits over this city with atmosphere and spirit

Quote Originally Posted by cobra23 View Post
    This is a fantastic and good statement.

Also 100% accurate.

Nice night out but not a patch on the Melbourne event. Not a sellout but really, if the bandwagoner Smurf fans turned up in half decent numbers it would have been. A disgrace that half their supporters bay was full of red shirts.

It was what it was - an exhibition, nothing was unexpected (except Carney actually causing slight problems).

Crowd got bored hence paper planes and wave and the "Kop" stopped singing and were more interested in beer skulling contests. The paper planes carried over from the Citeh v Real game last year and there was near 100,000 there.

Quote Originally Posted by cobra23 View Post
    Went down, had great seats and was really impressed with the first half for a exhibition match.
    Sturridge and firmino are ****ing all class , Steve g is wasted retired.
    Second half was typical boring.
    Sydney is a disgrace and joke for football.
    Melbourne had almost a stadium full of actual footbll and Liverpool fans makes a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Nice night out but not a patch on the Melbourne event. Not a sellout but really, if the bandwagoner Smurf fans turned up in half decent numbers it would have been. A disgrace that half their supporters bay was full of red shirts.

It was what it was - an exhibition, nothing was unexpected (except Carney actually causing slight problems).

Crowd got bored hence paper planes and wave and the "Kop" stopped singing and were more interested in beer skulling contests. The paper planes carried over from the Citeh v Real game last year and there was near 100,000 there.
    Chelsea game people were watching and cheering how close the paper planes got to the field wernt even watching the game. Embarrassing and disgraceful. How many real fans miss out cause these casual muppets get tickets. Even worse being Cech's last game and most of the crowd had no idea or even cared

How many real fans miss out cause these casual muppets get tickets.
    I agree.
    Hopefully next time they hold it in a smaller venue, maybe 1,000-2,000 capacity.
    Make everyone take a quiz before they go in. Gotta weed out them plastics.

Keep sockah for all you propa well 'ard sockah folks.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    I agree.
    Hopefully next time they hold it in a smaller venue, maybe 1,000-2,000 capacity.
    Make everyone take a quiz before they go in. Gotta weed out them plastics.

Keep sockah for all you propa well 'ard sockah folks.
    Sockah?? do you work for Channel 10 Plague
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

After reading Robbie Slater (of all people) having a sook about bad coverage of the game I'm in full support of the ABC team for making fun of it all.

I want these same people to do every A-League and EPL game next year in the hope that dickheads like Slater self combust with rage.

Orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Maybe Slater should have a dig at his bosses for getting out bid by the ****ing ABC.

Sockah?? do you work for Channel 10 Plague
    Sorry, 'socker'.

Thanks for pointing that out.

How many real fans miss out cause these casual muppets get tickets. Even worse being Cech's last game and most of the crowd had no idea or even cared
    As if real fans would want to go. It's for the Hollywood crowd and if everyone enjoys it that's cool.

It's the football equivalent of T20 cricket.

Curious to see how this goes today. Liverpool preferred a night of sin in Thailand rather than Sydney and arrive this morning.

Team won't be at its best, and the build up to this is much flatter than Melbourne - the TV coverage is ABC2 ffs! It's not sold out. Then there will be the usual post terrorist attack blues within the stadium.

I did Melbourne and Adelaide, not sure how this will go. I'm not a Reds fan btw but take my kids who are.

This guy sounds excited though....

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport...ready-13080904
    dont listen to that bloke - hes a knob
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Couple of points here:
    Melbourne had 6 months to sell tickets - Sydney had 6 weeks
    Melbourne was the first ever visit - Sydney is the fourth city the team has visited in four years
    The MCG, while massive, holds the atmosphere better than the audio black hole that is ANZ - although I think are viewing the Melbourne game with rose-coloured glasses. It was pretty quiet on occasions then too.
    The local supporters branches with the more organised and experienced supporters had absolutely zero time to try to organise any blocks of tickets which would have come with a significant financial outlay on someone's personal credit cards. If there was anything able to be organised to get these groups seated close to each other it would have made the world of difference - like it did for the Legends game in 2016. As it was we were all seated all over the place with no ability to try to co-ordinate anything. I was sat up near the back in row f*cking 48 and couldn't hear a thing.
    In a fixture such as this, in a country such as Australia where active support at the football is a niche thing and not the norm like it is in Europe, the vast majority are casual football fans who want to experience the famed atmosphere rather than create it. ANZ is not Anfield, it wasnt a Merseyside Derby, it was a friendly - it was never going to happen.
    And to repeat - ANZ is an audio black hole and literally the worst stadium in the country to experience a football game.

For us - it was all about the pregame at Cheers and then the Novotel anyway
    Last edited by furns; 25-05-2017 at 11:29 PM.
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast