Page 98 of 178 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108148 ... LastLast
Results 1,941 to 1,960 of 3559

Thread: L-I-V-E-R-P-Double O-L Liverpool FC

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    So true.

Oxlade isn't worth 40 Million but it was either you sign him now or he goes to Chelsea. Chelsea actually forced your hand to bid on him now rather than him arriving on a free at the end of the year.
    After the Liverpool loss Arsene blew up at everyone and told them that whoever wanted to go would be sold. Even Mustafi was sanctioned to be sold for 35 million but Inter said no and he is a first choice CB but Wenger got the shits and told everyone that they were for sale. So the Ox was definitely leaving this window no matter where he went and once Chelsea bid 40 million you had to bid as well.

He will be your new James Milner. Good but not great, will have some amazing games against tough opposition but won't consistently play to that level and win you trophies. But he always idolised Gerrard so he is happy. I don't think Arsenal are going to take a massive step back with him leaving. No one wins, no one loses... Except Chelsea who instead went and overspent on a very strong/fit/great crossing wingback that can't defend great. Just like what City did... 3 times this window no less, lol.
    Over spent?? I assume you mean Zappacosta and lol shows how much you know about football. He will be as good as Alonso is once Conte works his magic. Better then any fullbacks Arsenal have or have had in recent years
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Over spent?? I assume you mean Zappacosta and lol shows how much you know about football. He will be as good as Alonso is once Conte works his magic. Better then any fullbacks Arsenal have or have had in recent years
    Not saying he isn't a good player, but you could have him for like 10-15 million if he was your first choice and gave Torino enough time to properly replace him. They were working so hard to keep Belotti that they would have been easier to deal with that way. City overspent massively on fullbacks compared to you guys, my comment was more on Liverpool forcing you to quickly negotiate the deal after they signed Ox ahead of you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Not saying he isn't a good player, but you could have him for like 10-15 million if he was your first choice and gave Torino enough time to properly replace him. They were working so hard to keep Belotti that they would have been easier to deal with that way. City overspent massively on fullbacks compared to you guys, my comment was more on Liverpool forcing you to quickly negotiate the deal after they signed Ox ahead of you.
    Some of our best deals have been last minute, David Luiz and Alonso last season. I trust Conte will sort us out
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Banned
    Can't believe people claiming Mane didn't deserve red for his brutal attack on the City keeper

I think most people are taking exception to "brutal attack".
    Yes, red card. It wasn't malicious. It was reckless. He had eyes only for the ball.
    He backed his pace to get there first. Like he has done many times before. If he gets there fractionally earlier and gets to the ball and knocks it to the side, Ederson is the one who gets a red.

Definitely a send off. It was clear dangerous play. Was there intent? I don't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Was there intent? I don't think so.
    Yeah I think the debate has centred around people arguing whether he deserved a red or not because of intent.

Except the rule book clearly states intent isn't a factor.

So the decision was correct (as you said).

Myeh, it's a red every time, you can't seemingly fly kick somebody in the face.

Up to that point, looked a pretty even contest.
    We just needed to get to half time, change tactics and could've made that a bit respectable but, klopp threw the game in the end, keeping key players fit for CL.
    Take nothing from city, they were relentless. Mendy and Walker as wing backs look dangerous. MAne and Salah weren't tracking them well. Salah needs to be more clinical in front of goal.

Oh, and Klavan out.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Yeah I think the debate has centred around people arguing whether he deserved a red or not because of intent.

Except the rule book clearly states intent isn't a factor.

So the decision was correct (as you said).
    Exactly the same as that decision in the UCL a few years back when Man U were at home to Real Madrid

From memory Man U were leading the game and the tie until Nani done a similar thing and got sent off

Real then took advantage of the extra man to progress

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Exactly the same as that decision in the UCL a few years back when Man U were at home to Real Madrid

From memory Man U were leading the game and the tie until Nani done a similar thing and got sent off

Real then took advantage of the extra man to progress
    but nani was a c*nt and deserved it and manu would have lost anyway. jog on

If Mane wins the ball and the keeper takes his legs out.....red card the other way for denying goal scoring chance.....simple thing is Liverpool were rubbish and have a lot of work to do defensively.....if we want to achieve anything this season we are going to need a lot of 4-3 wins the way we defend.

Shane Smeltz got let off for lack of intent, and he nearly killed someone...

The interpretation of rules is a joke in football that needs to be looked at - too much debate.

If you put the rule book aside I would have said no red card and I don't follow Liverpool.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    If you put the rule book aside I would have said no red card and I don't follow Liverpool.
    You know how much I love playing the 'What the hell does Jetmaster mean here?' game, but serious, what the hell do you mean here Jetmaster?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Shane Smeltz got let off for lack of intent, and he nearly killed someone...

The interpretation of rules is a joke in football that needs to be looked at - too much debate.

Problem is the rule book is what it is

Common sense may see that it was an accident

But the rule book gives no leniency to Mane in this case

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Problem is the rule book is what it is

Common sense may see that it was an accident

But the rule book gives no leniency to Mane in this case
    Someone's hacked the members account again...this post makes perfect sence.

Anybody seen Ritchie(?) tackle in the Newcastle game?
    Boot to the head, no injury. Red or yellow? Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Anybody seen Ritchie(?) tackle in the Newcastle game?
    Boot to the head, no injury. Red or yellow? Why?
    Stuff I've read says ref got it wrong and it should have also been red.

Yehhh, they were reasonably stationary, where mane and ederson were running towards everything. But foot still hits head.
    How we feel about bicycle kicks?

Yeah bicycles are dope.

I actually have seen some 'attempts' get pulled up for a foul but not sure if I've ever seen a goal disallowed because of one.

Any ref that chalks one off for a foul is a bum.

I disagree.. not about the dopeness of course.

I think its so dumb that refs just ignore the dangerous play aspect when people do them. If you've got a couple feet of space around you and you have "right of way" to go for it then yeah, go nuts. When you kick a defenders head while doing one and it gets allowed, that just seems stupid to me. Do defenders just need to learn how to bicycle kick all their clearances or be at a disadvantage competing for head height balls in the box?

I'm pretty sure there's a part of the rules along the lines of if a high foot means that a player ducks or pulls their head away to avoid getting hit then its a free kick. Again, this would be happening in so many bicycle kicks.