Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sheep Quiz

Sheep Quiz

alright peeps, something for a bit of fun. i stole this idea from somewhere else - i'm sure sydney fc fans will say they did it first (i have no idea if they've done it).

THE SHEEP QUIZ!!!!!!!

split into two segments - white sheep & black sheep. in white sheep, the goal is to get the answer that you think everyone else will post (ie if your answer is the same as 10 others, you get 10 points, whereas if your answer is the same as 1 other you get 1 point). in black sheep, it's the opposite - you want your answer to be unique and not answered the same as anyone else (1 point deduction for every other poster who answers the same). i ask the question in the thread, you guys pm me the answers.

example..
    WHITE SHEEP ROUND
    q: name a capital city of australia.
    a: 6 people say sydney (each one gets 5 points), 3 people say canberra (each gets two points), 2 people say perth (1 point each), 1 person says bangkok (judged by me to be a false answer, gets 0 points)

BLACK SHEEP ROUND
    q: name a soft drink.
    a: 1 person says lift (0 points), 3 people say coke (minus 2 points to all of those 3 people), 6 people say doctor pepper (minus 5 points), etc, etc. will deal a 5 point deduction for an answer i consider to be incorrect.
    who is keen? register your interest by saying "awwww yeah" in this thread. hoping to get ~10 people, so it's at least interesting. will chuck up questions when i get enough people registered. after registration i'll chuck up the question(s) and leave them open until all registered people have answered, then post results.

also - the subject of questions will vary a bit. i'm going to attempt to have it relatively football-based, but there'll be random questions also, like the examples i posted.
    Last edited by pv4; 28-11-2012 at 11:03 AM.
    OK

awwww yeah

Banned
    So this is like having to guess something your missus expects you to know and as soon as you get it wrong your in the shit for being not being able to read her mind???

kind of

but with dudes, not irrational women.
    OK

awwww yeah

awwww yeah

awwww yeah

awww yeah

awww yeah

awww yeah

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    wat

it's just a fun trivia game porkesy. you in?
    OK

awwww ok

mfkfc - is you in?

russjaybee? bodynovo? grimario? anyone else?
    OK

awww yeh keen
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

so far we have registered:
    1. Bon
    2. Gary Fish
    3. Rocknerd
    4. Jeterpool
    5. NewcastleForLife
    6. WolfMan
    7. Nelson Bay Road
    8. RedMexican
    9. BodyNovo

a couple more & we'll be good to go for first round of questions. sign up, peepz!
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    so far we have registered:
    1. Bon
    2. Gary Fish
    3. Rocknerd
    4. Jeterpool
    5. NewcastleForLife
    6. WolfMan
    7. Nelson Bay Road
    8. RedMexican
    9. BodyNovo

a couple more & we'll be good to go for first round of questions. sign up, peepz!
    10. pv4

if i play, it means you're going to have to trust that i submit my answers to myself before receiving anyone elses answers, and don't change them. i'll play, just trust i'm honest about it.

i'll put up the questions soon, i think 10 players is a pretty good number. PM me your answers (don't give hints or anything in this thread) and just post in here saying you've sent your answers when you're finished (giving the thread a megabump). anyone who hasn't registered as of yet, but wants to, just send me your answers via PM and i'll consider you registered also - at least for this first round of questions. i'll leave the first round open until everyone who is registered has answered, then i'll postresults and the next round of q's up. feel free to chat about the results when they came out (ie - arrggh gaz, can't believe you chose dr pepper aswell!).
    OK

alright, round 1 of the sheep quiz! white sheep is pretty straight forward, just attempt to pick the most popular answer. but black sheep is tricky - sometimes what seems to be the answer that everyone would go for, is actually the one no one would go for.

WHITE SHEEP (try to answer what you think everyone else will answer)
    Q1. Name a Brazilian who has played in the A-League (any team, any season)
    Q2. Name a male member of the Fox Sports team that covers the A-League (can include commentators, sideline reporters, panelists on shows, etc)
    Q3. Name a song by the band Coldplay

BLACK SHEEP (try to answer what you think no one else will answer)
    Q4. Name a player that has scored in a HAL Grand Final (scoring in a penalty shootout not included, but Extra Time goals are acceptable)
    Q5. Name one of the 32 participant teams in the 2006 World Cup in Germany
    Q6. Name a current or former Prime Minister of Australia whose first or last name features the letters "D" and/or "H"
    PM me your answers, post in here that you've submitted. gogogogo

peoples that haven't registered but want to - you can do likewise and i'll consider you registered.

any questions you have on the wording/meaning of questions, let me know. especially for the black sheep questions, which will incur a 5 point deduction for an answer i consider to be wrong
    Last edited by pv4; 29-11-2012 at 11:18 AM. Reason: Q5 used to say "32 participants in"
    OK

In, sorry I missed this.