Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: HAL 12/13 Rd 9 - Brisbane Roar vs Newcastle Jets - 01/12/12 k/off 745pm AEDST

Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    So to summarise: normal service has resumed
    Nice, heart-warming thought on this cold English day. Sad that the Gypos will destroy us next week, though.

Quote Originally Posted by howardyou View Post
    and we pass it backwards and sideways just as much as Brisbane. if not moar than the roar.
    Agreed. We are different though that we have the art of adding a zig zag in our passing structure.

First game I have been able to watch for awhile. my opinions probably differ from what others think.

Firstly thank god we dont have to put up with mitchell next week. he is hopeless. always sticks his legs out and asks for trouble.
    chapman is the only centre back that i have confidence with. he is going to be a gun
    a pairing of chappy and solid is our best combination. im a fan of tiargo but i think hes better at dm too many brain snaps, mitchell see above and regs is a solid back up
    I also dont get all the neville hate, love how he is getting forward and threatening. him and brilliante are guns
    with brown i can actually see the promise there. once things click for him he is going to be a weapon.
    zads was lucky not to be sent imo, rediculous tackle but loved his performance when he was lone centre mid.
    griff is a myth, soo over rated and goes missing.

and why the hell did we sub ribs off he made a few good runs and we were down. doesnt make sense

hopefully this is our line up next week
    --------------gash------------------
    nev---------chappy---solid-------brilliant
    -------jobe------zad--------------
    -----------ribs-----------------
    griff--------heksey---------goodwin

taggs
    brown
    virgilli (just cause he is newy....)
    Last edited by true waterboy; 02-12-2012 at 03:46 AM.

Griff suspended next week

Roberio heskey and griff looked good together in the first half. Roberio looks like a busy player ,always trying to go forward,he should be playing more. And goodwin should be playing every ****in minute.
    Defense is rooted.

My 14 year old left footed son produces a better cross than Neville with his right foot. Did Ribeiro pick up a knock or something to be dragged ?.

I'd say it was a combination of the fact that he wanted to bring on a more defensive player to cover for the loss of Mitchell, and that Ribeiro was only tentatively in the team in the first place. Pretty obvious that he is another player who is good enough to be in the team, and should be in it, but GVE does not personally rate him for whatever reason.

I think he did a great job in the first 10 mins when we were on top, his short passes and vision were exactly what we needed, after that Brisbane completely dominated possession so his influence diminished (but so did Heskey's, Griff's etc.).

I get the Ribeiro change if it were 11 v 10 but 10 v 10 i don't buy as a good sub to make.

Don't get all the love for Professional ref's, you know they are just going to offer these same numpties the jobs, which means they'll get paid more for doing the same awful job. If I pay a blind bloke, he'll still be blind.

I think it was the right idea. When Brillante came on he filled the gap perfectly and our defence was fairly sound. With our record it could've turned into a shambles at the back otherwise. It also helped us win back possession. In the first half our attackers were virtually useless because Brisbane were dominating the midfield. Just a counter opinion.

Everyone would agree that it should have been Brown instead of Ribeiro though.

Quote Originally Posted by Pico View Post
    Don't get all the love for Professional ref's, you know they are just going to offer these same numpties the jobs, which means they'll get paid more for doing the same awful job. If I pay a blind bloke, he'll still be blind.
    It's not the money that will make them better, it's the time spent on improving their skils. i.e - they will not have "day-jobs", they will be paid to be full-time referees and train as such. Much liike the difference between a semi-pro and professional football player. Main difference is the time spent training

If people missed it, GVE explained in the press conference that Tiago was out because he had a blood injection (whatever that means) earlier this week and he was also sick. He also flagged Ritter as potentially playing at CB next week.

I would be happy to give Ritter a start in cb and if Goodwin doesn't get on the field at left wing than I think he should be left back. Though briliante could be a good choice for lb also

Nev chappy Ritter brill would b so good
    Wen they were on together they seemed to b the best unit so far this season

I wonder what the MRC will make of the Broich vs Mitchell fiasco ? Knowing our luck Chapman will probably get a suspension, Broichwill have his red recinded, and Partaluu will have no case to answer for.

GVE's comments about the lack of Roar players given cards considering they commited a lot more fouls than us was dead on the money.

I also thought GVE handled the press conference well and he's no doubt on the improve in that respect.

Is it just a coincidence that Heskey has not scored since virgilli and goodwin have not started. Will be interesting to see the line up with the outs this week. Also a few more on multiple yellows.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    I also thought GVE handled the press conference well and he's no doubt on the improve in that respect.
    Excellent news.... Now where should he improve next?

Selections.
    Formation.
    Tactics.
    Substitutions.
    Training ground.
    Man management.
    Sideline attire.

Banned
    Being at the game last night referee epic clown.

Fully support the pen fully support the red card. At the end of the day we didn't take our chances and weren't good enough but the referee was the most epic failure of a specimen to grace the HAL

3 mins to go Hingert goes down in the Roar 6 yard box to waste time. Ref trots over no serious injury instead of ushering Hingert off the park he lets him lay on the ground wasting time.

The booking for Neville for time wasting epic failure

In the second half Halloran kicked the ball 30 -40m downfield after the ball was easily 3-4 metres over sideline and no yellow??

But the absolute best of his incompetence was in the second half around half way Halloran was just not quite quick enough to keep the ball going out for a Jets throw in.
    Straight away the Linesman signals for a Jets throw in.

Halloran pauses for 2-3 seconds giving "himself up" and then after not getting the refs whistle knocks the ball infield after 15-20 seconds of 11 Jets players and 200 Jets fans yelling at him the ref finally looks over at the linesman who has had his flag up for ages and only just put it down after being ignored by the ref for so long. Some how the dickhead then gives us the throw in.

Refereeing for idiots would suggest looking at your linesman for confirmation whether in or out any time the ball goes close to side line. The fact that this **** knuckle can't do that is indicative of why he shouldn't be reffing HAL

Bring back Matthew Breeze!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    **** knuckle
    One of my favourite sledges. Up there with pus nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by true waterboy View Post
    First game I have been able to watch for awhile. my opinions probably differ from what others think.

I also dont get all the neville hate, love how he is getting forward and threatening.
    sarc? Nev is gash atm. He may have future potential.
    Last edited by hawk; 02-12-2012 at 11:40 PM.