Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Where's James Brown?

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    We could have had Hall. Who does the choosing?
    Deans
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

So...he was back yesterday. Has received a fair bit of praise on Facebook it appears while Bridges and Zad are getting slammed.

I think they were watching a different game. Zad played well.

I don't know what it is with Brown. He had some flashes but it seemed when it got to him the tempo slowed and allowed Adelaide to catch up. I don't know how quick he was originally but he doesn't have blistering pace I thought he did.

Second half he had the chance the thread Taggart a few times and didn't. He held on and had a few too many touches which screwed up the play - seemed to want to do it all, have the glory (maybe) or just didn't see the run. Shame.

Don't agree with the calls from around Bay 58 to get him off - sure he was having a stinker and Bridges needed to come on but support him while he's out there. It's got to start messing with his head. Gaz had a bit of a word with him when he came off before he sat down because the jeers were pretty bad.

He is playing with zero confidence, hence playing at a slower pace and taking too many touches. GVE shouldnt have thrown him straight in at the deep end after such a lengthy injury layoff.

All those giving him the treatment saying he is terrible, I would agree that he is at the moment but if anyone bothered to attend preseason games would have seen he was a class above just about anyone else on the park. Give him time, get off his back, but GVE needs to play him smarter.
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

I got the impression in Bay 55 and surrounding bays, people weren't cheering because Brown was being subbed, people were cheering Bridgy for getting more than a 5 min cameo. The cheering had begun well before Browns number came up on the board.

I actually don't think Brown was as bad yesterday as he has been, hopefully now he is on the rise and we will see the best of him soon.

I was near the boxes in bay 56 and when before the substitution there were numerous calls to Gary to 'get him off' and then when the substitution was made there was cheering for bridgy and numerous calls saying 'about time you took him off Gary' and such as well as jeers and boos while brown was taking his seat.
    My reply was to tell them to either support the whole team or **** off to the away bay.

Yeah definitely got the vibe that a lot of the cheering for Bridgy warming up was because he's the obvious replacement for Brown. I'm fine with people having a talk about our players problems on here, but booing him off the field/cheering that he's been subbed is a bit harsh, way to kill his confidence.
    Looked at times that he is still carrying that injury, he wasn't running comfortably and wasn't moving after passing the ball.

^^^
    I just don't get the "love" for Bridgey. The way some people carry on about him you would think he is some club legend....which he is definitely not. His record of 11 goals for us in 53 appearances is nothing special either. Sure he has skill and some delightful touches and reads the game well but he's not exactly an excitement machine.
    Once again it was the same old story when he came on yesterday, provided a bit of a spark but still no end result...i.e goal or assist.

GVE seems really determined for Brown to play that #10 role, even if he's still not quite 100% yet. Must be tough for a young bloke to have that expectation thrust on you in a new team and especially when the team as a whole is not performing. I just hope he comes through and proves all the doubters wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by stopper2 View Post
    ^^^
    I just don't get the "love" for Bridgey. The way some people carry on about him you would think he is some club legend....which he is definitely not. His record of 11 goals for us in 53 appearances is nothing special either. Sure he has skill and some delightful touches and reads the game well but he's not exactly an excitement machine.
    Once again it was the same old story when he came on yesterday, provided a bit of a spark but still no end result...i.e goal or assist.

GVE seems really determined for Brown to play that #10 role, even if he's still not quite 100% yet. Must be tough for a young bloke to have that expectation thrust on you in a new team and especially when the team as a whole is not performing. I just hope he comes through and proves all the doubters wrong.
    Agree 100%. With all above.

he is basically just so lethargic when playing since he joined us (probably because he isn't fit)

his touch is shit, he runs round like a headless chicken.

he stood out in a wooden spoon team.

jeremy brockie in hindsight would have been the better and cheaper option than brown.
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

Quote Originally Posted by BodyNovo View Post

This pretty much sums it up for mine.

he is basically just so lethargic when playing since he joined us (probably because he isn't fit)

his touch is shit, he runs round like a headless chicken.

jeremy brockie in hindsight would have been the better and cheaper option than brown.
    Brockie and brown are very different position-wise for us. I do agree we should of kept brockie but brown when fit and in form is what we need somewhere in the team, I'm sure gve will persist with him so I may need to take a knife to the next game and cull a few shit supporters lol, nah if he's picked next game I think I'll be tuning in nice and loud to Aaron kearney

Quote Originally Posted by stopper2 View Post
    ^^^

Wrong
    Bridgey is a club legend.

And he's regressed from there. Now he's not standing out in a wooden spoon team.

Quote Originally Posted by My2BobsWorth View Post
    Wrong
    Should of just stayed retired, not up to it anymore other than running down time in the corner and pulling off a few tricks which is enough for the masses of fans in Newcastle who value tricky footwork over end product

Wrong
    The word "club legend" shouldn't be so cheaply handed out, especially to one hasn't achieved anything with the club. I actually like Bridges but I think because he has played in the EPL and because he is English he is a crowd favourite....not for his exploits for this club.

I don't 100% buy into the "stood out in shit team but is still shit" idea. traore stood out in the same team, and he has been the best left back of the league this season. whatever browns problem is - its with himself. he's dropped off massively. gve should have mfks'd him & never played him this season or in pre-season to avoid injury and too much media hype.

btw @ bridges at being a club legend - was there meant to be a gent symbol next to that? apart from bringing Heskey here, what has he actually done? if by legend you mean he had wore the shirt before, then he is one.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    btw @ bridges at being a club legend - was there meant to be a gent symbol next to that? apart from bringing Heskey here, what has he actually done? if by legend you mean he had wore the shirt before, then he is one.
    I would disagree that he is a legend ATM, definitely a favourite and getting close to legend. The fact that he's a former captain of the club helps.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

bridges nowhere near legend

Wrong
    Probably is,
    but just not of our club.

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    nah bridges is a great bloke