Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Where's James Brown?

bridges a club legend smh

he's a legend for doing nothing and getting paid for it, live that dream brah

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Fish View Post
    And he's regressed from there. Now he's not standing out in a wooden spoon team.
    This!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    So...he was back yesterday. Has received a fair bit of praise on Facebook it Don't agree with the calls from around Bay 58 to get him off - sure he was having a stinker and Bridges needed to come on but support him while he's out there. It's got to start messing with his head. Gaz had a bit of a word with him when he came off before he sat down because the jeers were pretty bad.
    Dont Agree with this aswell,

People who do this SH!T have not played the game before or at a decent level wherere there is some kind of crowd.
    Talk about kick a horse when his down....
    For all you Dicks out there who did this lets see if you give him shit when his form and confidence is back,tearing new assholes in opposition defence in a few weeks time.
    He is by far the player who can do this...

We all know he is going through a bad patch but everone has one...

can we just all agree he's not very good at the moment and should probably be riding the pine until such time that he improves his game, and that there are numerous players in the squad that haven't been afforded the same opportunity that young james brown has had

also cobra commander, he probably won't get jeered if he gets his form and confidence back, but he's had 17 weeks or whatever to do it and it's simply not there

get him back in da y00f

Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    can we just all agree he's not very good at the moment and should probably be riding the pine until also cobra commander, he probably won't get jeered if he gets his form and confidence back, but he's had 17 weeks or whatever to do it and it's simply not there

get him back in da y00f
    Agree with ya here,

But my whole comment is to all people who bag the shit out of players out of form, especially your home team..
    its not good for the player.
    Look at sammy G, for example, he is playing well now people are off his back..

Agree he's out of form - that can't be denied.

I think the double experiment of throwing him back in the deep end hasn't worked. Some bench time and coming on with 20-30 minutes may be the way to improve his form.

Is it just me or does he look bigger than when he was at GCU?

all this crap all comes down to GVE, he is the one picking players week in week out.

Brown impressed me tonight, huge improvement on his previous performances. Some great bits of footwork and awareness + setting up the goal.

Let's hope it continues.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDyl
    You're funnier on the internet than you are in person.
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    the NF law...the longer the thread stays open, the probablity that the thread becomes about joel griffiths approaches 1

i
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

still gave up some heinous posession but was much better, also looks heaps seedy all the time, that 'tache is disgusting, long may it continue

massive lulz that his contribution to the goal was something that did not involve him running

he looks like he doesn't back himself pace-wise. the time he setup gruff in the first half for him to have the outside of 18 shot, the Brisbane defender caught up to brown so easily. although. he did some decent things tonight, he's noticeably playing scared.

my phone converts griff to gruff automatically, therefore I will now be calling Ryan griffiths "gruff", Adam "grifflet" and Joel "griff"
    OK

Thought he was outstanding tonight, he hassled their defence and partaalu forcing many turnovers and was integral in our many forays forward, back heel assist was class and almost scored with that header. Hope this upturn in form continues. Hard to pick out a weak link tonight.

I can pick out a weak link, gallaway. I noticed a ton of crosses that Brisbane had were down the left thru Halloran, who mind you is an absolute speed merchant, but still.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddha View Post
    I can pick out a weak link, gallaway. I noticed a ton of crosses that Brisbane had were down the left thru Halloran, who mind you is an absolute speed merchant, but still.
    to be fair tho Halloran does this to most FBs
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

I thought Gallaway was very good, my weak link was bridges when he came on once again did a couple of fancy things to excite the crowd then proceeded to lose the ball. But overall after we subbed we started to lose control of the game. I'm a wheelhouse fan but I thought he should of waited a bit later to come on as zad and brilliante had control in the centre. To be honest not a zad fan at the start of the season but loving his play recently, personally I wouldn't rush wheelhouse straight in next week.

Quote Originally Posted by seldom View Post
    to be fair tho Halloran does this to most FBs
    It's funny because he's not having the same impact as he did last season, must be the whole looking good in a ****ing awful cold toast team thing *cough brown cough*

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha View Post
    It's funny because he's not having the same impact as he did last season, must be the whole looking good in a ****ing awful cold toast team thing *cough brown cough*
    To be perfectly fair to Halloran looking like Mitch Nicholls doesn't help his cause. Everytime Nichols ****s up I am sure people keep blaming Halloran for it.

IMHO a bottle of hair dye of a different colour or a haircut to not look like Mitch Nichols will see his performances improve tenfold without any extra effort/touches on the park.

That also being said Roar coach could sort it out easily by dropping Nichols

It's probably fair to say that behind Heskey, Brown was GVE's priority signing for this season. Brown was always going to be an important cog in the side as soon as he regained fitness from his ankle injury. People who go on about GVE playing Bridges are just looking at a short term solution as he is nearing the end of his career. The signs are there that Brown is getting better and and the confidence is also getting back (that back heel for Ryu), which is good not only for the rest of the season....but beyond.

His haircut is my major concern.