Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Manchester United vs A-League All Stars - 20/7/13

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    says the guy who went and watched united at old trafford like a sucker

ridiculous ticket prices
    To be honest couldnt even tell you how much the ticket cost. Sometimes money doesnt matter.
    One of the best sporting experiences of my life.
    and if you think you're getting the same by going to the All Stars then go right ahead i hope you have a good time.

I think its great that Man Utd are coming out (and I support Liverpool), but I hate the Aleague Allstars concept.

That is what I hate about all of this, not the team coming out.

I'd go if they were playing a club side, even if it weren't the jets, and I would most likely go for good tickets. With the Allstars concept, not interested. Nothing more than a circus that I am not interested in.

Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post
    I think its great that Man Utd are coming out (and I support Liverpool), but I hate the Aleague Allstars concept.

That is what I hate about all of this, not the team coming out.

I'd go if they were playing a club side, even if it weren't the jets, and I would most likely go for good tickets. With the Allstars concept, not interested. Nothing more than a circus that I am not interested in.
    Sums up the general feeling of the masses i would think

Banned
    For anyone who is a serious conniseur of Football why would you go and watch most of this shit in the flesh anyway??

I go to pre season Jets games because the club is my passion. The football at times is complete ****ing shite and the match is a usually a farce with the team going off at half time to be replaced by the subs. I go to see the new signings and see how the young kids are coming through and also because it sort of fills the breach during the off season.

Why in ****sname would I want to pay top dollar for another team I feel nothing towards and watch their pre season circus??

If a world renowned famous music band comes to town and you have no interest in them whatsoever would you buy over inflated tickets to watch them??

**** no

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    For anyone who is a serious conniseur of Football why would you go and watch most of this shit in the flesh anyway??

I go to pre season Jets games because the club is my passion. The football at times is complete ****ing shite and the match is a usually a farce with the team going off at half time to be replaced by the subs. I go to see the new signings and see how the young kids are coming through and also because it sort of fills the breach during the off season.

Why in ****sname would I want to pay top dollar for another team I feel nothing towards and watch their pre season circus??

If a world renowned famous music band comes to town and you have no interest in them whatsoever would you buy over inflated tickets to watch them??

**** no
    The apocalypse must be coming early.
    I find myself agreeing with this 100%

Your band analogy is spot on.

What odds that the a-league all stars kit is made by Nike, and sold for $150
    Last edited by GazFish35; 11-12-2012 at 09:03 AM.

**** no
    This is a very good point. I like to think I would go for the show but you are right I probably wouldn't bother

Depends, is the support band made up of bits and pieces of the best Australian music has to offer?

Banned
    No its 11 dickheads who can't hold a note and can barely play their instruments anywhere near a respectable level

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    Jesus, this is sad.

I for one actually think the all star thing is a good idea, especially the fact that it will be partly selected by the fans. Even if they weren't playing United I'd be very keen to see what happened in such a game.

ps: I was obviously joking, plague.

ffa brings out the biggest football club in the world and introduces a cool concept like a fan selected all star team to play them and people complain about it.

this is what is happening right now.

ffa brings out the biggest football club in the world and introduces a cool concept like a fan selected all star team to play them and people complain about it.

this is what is happening right now.
    Considering they still have Ryan Giggs and Paul Scholes on their books says a lot about this so called "Biggest Club" in world football.

Oh dear. It's a sad day when people can't appreciate a world renowned football club coming to Australia.

Personally, I'm not the biggest fan of United. But, I am excited to see such world class players in the flesh.

I will gladly eat my words (and money) if they bring their reserve team, full of nobodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Skirt Boy View Post
    Considering they still have Ryan Giggs and Paul Scholes on their books says a lot about this so called "Biggest Club" in world football.
    Considering those two men have won more league titles as individuals than Tottenham have as an entire club I think it does say a lot, actually.

Considering those two men have won more league titles as individuals than Tottenham have as an entire club I think it does say a lot, actually.
    Yeah it does. Club is so povo that players need to keep playing till they are dead.

Might try and sly my way into a couple of training sessions.Always good to watch these pro teams train
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

Quote Originally Posted by Skirt Boy View Post
    This is such a retarded comment, I ddon't even know where to start.

Let's just leave it at Quality and Vintage are rare atributes in Sport and United are lucky to have two players of this calibre.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Oh dear. It's a sad day when people can't appreciate a world renowned football club coming to Australia.

Personally, I'm not the biggest fan of United. But, I am excited to see such world class players in the flesh.

I will gladly eat my words (and money) if they bring their reserve team, full of nobodies.
    I think its more the ticket prices and opposition that people don't appreciate. The Allstars concept is such an Americanised commercial thing it just doesnt sit well with the traditionalist in me.

In all serriousness the marketting gurus should demand the chepest tickets are listed first, when i red the email, the first thing you see is $189...... my head goes **** THAT..... and its very to sway me to keep reading. list the Cat C tickets first, "see ManU for $70" I keep reading.

As much as it doesn't do anything for me, the All Stats thing is the way to go for this type of event.
    Hopefully it attracts a lot of casual fans and people from across all clubs rather than just fans from one club.
    Won't hurt TV ratings/media interest if it embraces all 10 clubs as well.
    I just hope and pray the FFA uses the occasion to convert the casual 'event' fans into A-League fans. At the very least the 4 NSW clubs should be given a big presence around this to let people know they exist.

Done correctly this can be a win/win for everyone.

Also, if its a fan voted thing we're all voting for Joel Griffiths to represent us aren't we?

Just clearing that up.

People need to take a deep breath and realize that when you're a supporter within the A-League, you are a supporter of Modern Football. THIS IS WHAT MODERN FOOTBALL IS ABOUT!!! MONEY

We all just got all happy dance about a new TV deal making more cash available to the clubs but we are now seeing even more games scheduled around viewer convienence.

Our league is loosely based on the MSL and how they operate and their Alstar matches are great successes. Anyone who has attended an exhibition match knows that Active supprt is non existent and it is about the spectical not the game.

do you really think that seeing ManU thrash Newy, Sydney, Victory, Brisbane or any other club is going to promote our game in a positive light? or is it going to give more power to Euro snobs to turn around as show us how crap the quality is in the A-league blah, blah,blah.

This game will promote football, squeeze large ammounts of money out of hipsters and Euro snobs pockets and feed it into our game to pay off the debt created by WSW and potentially create funds for future expansion if the experiment of WSW does pay off and they can find buyers.

/RANT

BTW got my tix, bay 21 Red active first row above restricted viewing. Right behind the goal.