Page 10 of 36 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Manchester cVnted - Tablecloths go on top of the table

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    That's going a bit far. It's still easily a top 4 squad.

Moyes is just not up to the job. Tactically and psychologically he has a small club mentality. His interviews are embarrassing, his selections are awful. He's not a winner and never has been.
    Moyes = United's Hodgson. Your words are exactly how I would describe Woy at Liverpool. At least look at the bright side - you haven't signed Christian Poulsen

but i cant say im not enjoying it

Moyes needs time, that's all. Everton haven't done any better without him and our backline is shot to shit. in 2 more seasons we can all stand around and say he doesn't have what it takes, and living in the shadow of Fergie is always going to be a daunting task.

the fact that he cleared out the coaching staff and brought in his own crew is the real issue, he got rid of a lot of blokes that new how to get things done. who we replace Vidic, Rio and Evra with will be the real defining factor.

Yes his team selection has been hap hazard but i'm sure we'll see better things soon, besides aren't all you anti-United supporters happier with Moyes?

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocknerd View Post
    Moyes needs time, that's all. Everton haven't done any better without him and our backline is shot to shit. in 2 more seasons we can all stand around and say he doesn't have what it takes, and living in the shadow of Fergie is always going to be a daunting task.

the fact that he cleared out the coaching staff and brought in his own crew is the real issue, he got rid of a lot of blokes that new how to get things done. who we replace Vidic, Rio and Evra with will be the real defining factor.

Yes his team selection has been hap hazard but i'm sure we'll see better things soon, besides aren't all you anti-United supporters happier with Moyes?
    Time to do what? Further ruin the confidence of title winning players? This man has inherited a top four squad that won the title last season, spent 60 million pounds on it, and turned it into a shambles. He's just lucky that he's at United because he wold have been sacked by now at any other top club.

Everton are much improved this season. They currently sit above us and their players are talking about how much has changed in terms of mentality since Moyes left. Check out what Tim Howard said in the press the other day.

If he cant handle the pressure then he's simply not up to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

aren't all you anti-United supporters happier with Moyes?
    Will wait to see if you avoid relegation before answering that.

Srs though, when Arsene goes I hope they learn from this, transition from long term managers needs to treated very carefully.

Banned
    A problem the Jets will never have to deal with

imo, the fall hasn't been that great. part of the reason they won last year was that everyone else was so incredibly shit. utd's squad that year would have to be the lowest quality champions for some time. compare the squad to city's, arsenals whenever they've won, chelsea's champipnship squad, or man utds when they had van nistelrooy or ronaldo amd the current squad is poor.

this year, other teams are much more consistent this year, and so man utd have returned to the pack.

imo, everton are hugely improved on what theg were under moyes. they play football now, which they rarely did under moyes. they were incredible competitors, however.
    we will loose

oh dear.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Seems like I am WRONG

I'm interested what happens to tablecloths when they're no longer on the top of the table?
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

imo, the fall hasn't been that great. part of the reason they won last year was that everyone else was so incredibly shit. utd's squad that year would have to be the lowest quality champions for some time. compare the squad to city's, arsenals whenever they've won, chelsea's champipnship squad, or man utds when they had van nistelrooy or ronaldo amd the current squad is poor.

this year, other teams are much more consistent this year, and so man utd have returned to the pack.

imo, everton are hugely improved on what theg were under moyes. they play football now, which they rarely did under moyes. they were incredible competitors, however.
    Of course this isn't our best squad ever but it's still a top 4 squad IMO.

The thing that you're not considering is that this same team, even if it wasn't as strong as City or Chelsea, was winning games comfortably against the lower teams which isn't happening this year. Moyes is the reason why.

Everton's form this season is another indicator as to how Moyes impacts on a team.

Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I'm interested what happens to tablecloths when they're no longer on the top of the table?
    Folded up and put in the middle of the table.

For the Man U fans: How long does Moyes have? Surely questions are already being asked, but do you give him 1-2 more years with "his own" squad (GVE style)

who of utds midfield would start at chels, citeh, lpoool, arse?

not many, if any.
    we will loose

Smile

not many, if any.
    I know Juan Mata wouldn't get a start at Chels

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebeard View Post
    I know Juan Mata wouldn't get a start at Chels
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post

For the Man U fans: How long does Moyes have? Surely questions are already being asked, but do you give him 1-2 more years with "his own" squad (GVE style)
    Personally I would have him go before he gets his hands on this promised treasure chest of cash to use to re-invigorate the squad. I'd rather we had someone who actually knew what they were doing to have access to that.

Regardless I'd say he will get until December/January at the very least to show that he is the man for the job.

not many, if any.
    On current form, no one. it's been our weak point for years.

Still no excuse for where we are currently sitting.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post

3 seasons will make or break Moyes. good things are happening and it isn't all doom and gloom as so many make out. Our backline that was a rock last season is being held together with Gaffa tape and Defensive Mids and our Midfield isn't the solid working system that it was with so much chopping and changing.

Now that Mata is getting into things, Rooney is able to focus on attacking instead of dropping into defence and I hope to see a better partnership between Matta and Kagawa and Valencia to build from. Perhaps even Falini can be what Moyes hoped.

we're only 9 points off of the top 4 and if we're now finding our form when we play Liverpool and City we can still make a final run for the champions league.

Honestly though, United have spent too long puying players rather than building them like Fergie did in the early to mid 90's. If we were producing talent like the days of old we'd be better prepared for times like this when the last of the golden era are moving on.

You mean guys like Evans, Welbeck, Cleverley and Januzaj?

3 seasons of this will be way too long by they way. We don't want to go the way of leeds
    Last edited by hawk; 27-05-2016 at 03:53 PM.

OH RVP! you deliver when we need you! Now to wait till Saturday Morning for the draw of 8

PSG, Atletilco, Real, Barca, Chelski, BVD, Bayern and United. Gonna be a tough game no matter who we draw.

well done man Utd.
    you won a tie you should have been expected to.

Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    well done man Utd.
    you won a tie you should have been expected to.

I'll take anything I can get at the moment!

OH RVP! you deliver when we need you! Now to wait till Saturday Morning for the draw of 8

PSG, Atletilco, Real, Barca, Chelski, BVD, Bayern and United. Gonna be a tough game no matter who we draw.
    It will be difficult no matter what but I'm hoping they get Dortmund. On paper, surely they'd have the best chance against them to progress. Bayern, Real, Barca they'd be basically "Schalke'd" in the first leg. Chelsea would be beatable but I just can't see them doing it at the moment. PSG and Atletico would be the preferred options after BVD.