Page 12 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Manchester cVnted - Tablecloths go on top of the table

#savemoyes

The scariest thing that could happen to the prem is if Klopp gets the job. He'd immediately know how to use players like Kagawa and Mata and he'd still have the likes of Rooney and RVP.
    and yes they have a problem at the back but just about every club does at the moment.

United doesn't have a bad squad, I agree they were just poorly managed.

It would be sad though if someone like Martinez or Simeone goes there.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    The scariest thing that could happen to the prem is if Klopp gets the job. He'd immediately know how to use players like Kagawa and Mata and he'd still have the likes of Rooney and RVP.
    and yes they have a problem at the back but just about every club does at the moment.

United doesn't have a bad squad, I agree they were just poorly managed.

It would be sad though if someone like Martinez or Simeone goes there.
    yep. but there is the thing of managing personalities, egos and getting results. even top managers fail this with the best players.

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    klopp strikes me as a mourinho type who gets the players onside early due to his infectious personality and professionalism. i'm sure they'd have respect for a guy who has won multiple league titles, reached the champions league final and has his teams play tremendous attacking football.

watch us sign van gaal, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

Klopp & Manure just don't make sense to me.

Maybe it is part that Klopp is one of 2-3 potential future Arsene replacements in my eyes, and that bias is clouding my judgement. But..

Klopp has thrived at an underdog club. Where he has been given full control. In which the playing style, club culture, etc have all been able to be moulded into what he wants to mould it into.

Manure is an old boys club. The moment any midfielder is put on the park, he is instantly compared, and lessened, to Scholes and other Co92 guys.

Doesn't Rooney have a clause in his new 1billion p/w contract that says he gets a say in transfers? Isn't he allowed to go to the club board, above the manager, and say "sign us a centre back" and when the club is going to sign someone, they run it by him? Is Klopp really going to tell Rooney where dafuq to go?

When Klopp makes those heaps obscure signings, like Aubemeyang, what are the old boys club going to think? He's instantly an enemy, until proven quality. That's how United fans/etc treat new players. When Klopp persists with Kagawa at AM, as opposed to LM, how long until Manure fans riot? He's played SFA games at AM but whenever I bring up to a Manure fan that you have the best (or one of) AMs in the world on the bench or at LM they go "yeah but did you see how shit he was at AM that one game".

If Manure sign Klopp, within 2 seasons he will leave via "mutual consent" and with a "misalignment of ideals" IMO.

Fergie was a genius. He controlled the circus. Manure are the type of club who need a ringleader like him. Like a Mourinho/Ancellotti/Benetiz type guy - who thrives off the circus.
    OK

yeah you're talking absolute shit

Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    yeah you're talking absolute shit
    Care to elaborate?
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Klopp & Manure just don't make sense to me.

Maybe it is part that Klopp is one of 2-3 potential future Arsene replacements in my eyes, and that bias is clouding my judgement. But..

Klopp has thrived at an underdog club. Where he has been given full control. In which the playing style, club culture, etc have all been able to be moulded into what he wants to mould it into.

Manure is an old boys club. The moment any midfielder is put on the park, he is instantly compared, and lessened, to Scholes and other Co92 guys.

Doesn't Rooney have a clause in his new 1billion p/w contract that says he gets a say in transfers? Isn't he allowed to go to the club board, above the manager, and say "sign us a centre back" and when the club is going to sign someone, they run it by him? Is Klopp really going to tell Rooney where dafuq to go?

When Klopp makes those heaps obscure signings, like Aubemeyang, what are the old boys club going to think? He's instantly an enemy, until proven quality. That's how United fans/etc treat new players. When Klopp persists with Kagawa at AM, as opposed to LM, how long until Manure fans riot? He's played SFA games at AM but whenever I bring up to a Manure fan that you have the best (or one of) AMs in the world on the bench or at LM they go "yeah but did you see how shit he was at AM that one game".

If Manure sign Klopp, within 2 seasons he will leave via "mutual consent" and with a "misalignment of ideals" IMO.

Fergie was a genius. He controlled the circus. Manure are the type of club who need a ringleader like him. Like a Mourinho/Ancellotti/Benetiz type guy - who thrives off the circus.
    United is not an "old boys club". Ferguson made a habit of shedding old players and freshening up the squad on a regular basis. Vidic, Evra and Rio will all be on the way out at the end of this season. Rooney does not have the power to tell the manager who to sign. That is ridiculous.

United have also consistently bought young players/no name players over the past 10 years. For every RvP there has been 5 Mame Dioufs or Bebes. They don't always work out but the fans and the players never seemed to have this "enemy until proven quality" mentality that you say they have.

Most United fans have been crying out for Kagawa to play in the hole. A lot of fans I know have been calling for Rooney to be dropped or sold for a few years now. I don't really think you know what you're talking about in that regard.

Klopp's personality seems to be perfect for the job. He's confident, well spoken and would bring the attacking football that United fans desire and expect. Besides, United aren't a circus like Chelsea, City or Madrid. They want stability; Moyes was just never the right choice.

Banned
    What price SAF returns???

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    What price SAF returns???
    Zero.
    Already a hero, left with a championship. Starting from mid table with new players doesn't sound inviting.

United is not an "old boys club". Ferguson made a habit of shedding old players and freshening up the squad on a regular basis.
    and hence why there's SFA good youth in the team at the moment, and there's a distinct need for 5-8 signings to be competitive again.

Rooney does not have the power to tell the manager who to sign. That is ridiculous.
    I agree, it is ridiculous.

They don't always work out but the fans and the players never seemed to have this "enemy until proven quality" mentality that you say they have.
    Pogba says hi

Most United fans have been crying out for Kagawa to play in the hole. A lot of fans I know have been calling for Rooney to be dropped or sold for a few years now. I don't really think you know what you're talking about in that regard.
    This is your opinion, which seems to be the complete opposite of most Manure fans. They love Rooney, and want to and do base the entire team around him. Most United fans are actually agreeing that in a full strength lineup, neither Mata nor Kagawa play because Rooney is too important to play the 10. Every single United fan bar you I've spoken to does not see Kagawa ever playing the 10, nor do they want him to.

Besides, United aren't a circus like Chelsea, City or Madrid.
    This was the part of your post that made me laugh the most
    OK

Banned
    Problem here though WLG is that most Man Utd fans have NFI and are nothing but console generation who believe the hype.

The situation Man utd find themselves in is not all down to Moyes. Sure the bloke has ****ed up and dug the hole deeper but the hole was already dug by his predecessor not strengthening the squad in recent seasons. He managed to eke out a comfortable title with a shit side on the basis of RVP scoring a shitload. Some of his signings leave a hell of a lot to be desired Young?? Jones?? Fabio?? Not exactly mugs but not exactly worldbeaters either.

How they never got serious on Bale beats me particularly when he had a love affair with Giggs for years and Bale is a similar type with speed and dribbling skills. Matter of fact 2-3 years ago they could have picked Bale up from Spuds for less than the 15-20 million spent on Young

Agree with the Member....who says Man Utd can't drop down the table for once? Liverpool were in this position and it has taken them 20 years plus to recover. This has been coming for a few years now. Modern fanbois don't understand cycles.

Geez, I remember Manure in the second division!!

Banned
    Attached Images Attached Images

disappointed, total respect for Moyes, the chosen one i am indepted to

....so giggs in charge puts himself in and capt, lol

And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    and hence why there's SFA good youth in the team at the moment, and there's a distinct need for 5-8 signings to be competitive again.

I agree, it is ridiculous.

Pogba says hi

This is your opinion, which seems to be the complete opposite of most Manure fans. They love Rooney, and want to and do base the entire team around him. Most United fans are actually agreeing that in a full strength lineup, neither Mata nor Kagawa play because Rooney is too important to play the 10. Every single United fan bar you I've spoken to does not see Kagawa ever playing the 10, nor do they want him to.

This was the part of your post that made me laugh the most
    Haha you really don't have a clue what you're talking about, but I'll bite.

Current average age of the squad is around 24 if I remember correctly. De Gea, Welbeck, Cleverly, Rafael, Januzaj, Smalling, Jones all under the age of 25 and regular starters. On form they are all good to great players.

The Pogba thing I don't really get because the fans wanted him in the side but his fallout with Fergie saw him shunned. That was it. He should have played and I'm sure Ferguson regretted his treatment of him.

Kagawa. Yeah? Well I'm sure you frequent United fan forums and know a heap of United fans so you must be well informed on that point. Probably just talked to your mate from Gosford who manages United on FIFA or something. As for Rooney, a lot of people are bitter about his actions over the past few years and feel like he's declined significantly in what he can do on the pitch. Still he's someone you want in your team when he's on form.

United have been a stable club for the past 20 years plus. Apart from right now there hasn't been any real crisis or scandal of note to do with the club itself. If anything your beloved Arsenal have been more of a circus due to the fact that they have been a massive disappointment for the best part of 10 years.

Cheers.

Problem here though WLG is that most Man Utd fans have NFI and are nothing but console generation who believe the hype.

The situation Man utd find themselves in is not all down to Moyes. Sure the bloke has ****ed up and dug the hole deeper but the hole was already dug by his predecessor not strengthening the squad in recent seasons. He managed to eke out a comfortable title with a shit side on the basis of RVP scoring a shitload. Some of his signings leave a hell of a lot to be desired Young?? Jones?? Fabio?? Not exactly mugs but not exactly worldbeaters either.

How they never got serious on Bale beats me particularly when he had a love affair with Giggs for years and Bale is a similar type with speed and dribbling skills. Matter of fact 2-3 years ago they could have picked Bale up from Spuds for less than the 15-20 million spent on Young
    Ferguson had built the foundations for a strong defence with the likes of Jones, Smalling, Evans and Rafael waiting to take over from Rio and Vidic.

In midfield he placed too much faith in Cleverly and Anderson, who both haven't lived up to their respective potentials, and I think he had banked on Pogba and Ravel Morrison coming through which obviously went wrong. Midfield is where he let us down and people knew this during his tenure but somehow he kept overlooking this area when it came to transfers.

He left Moyes with probably the second strongest attack in the league on paper.

Yes guys like Young were average signings but they weren't bought to be world-beaters, they were squad players. Gareth Bale chose to sign for Spurs ahead of United and then chose to stay with them as he wanted to repay the faith they showed in him. A few years later he's the hottest player in the league and obviously no one can compete with Real Madrid when it comes to transfers.

Fact is Moyes had a strong, young squad with a winning mentality which he managed to turn into a pile of hesitant, directionless and negative also-rans despite spending the best part of 70million pounds on it. He is to blame and anyone trying to bring Ferguson into it is kidding themselves or is just plain dumb (see Mark Bosnich's analysis on FSN tonight for further proof of that).

reports out of germany are that klopp is committed to the job at dortmund.

looks likely that van gaal will get the gig. dunno if i want that, he'd only be a short term thing.

Klopp is waiting for Wenger to leave.

I hope.