Page 33 of 36 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: Manchester cVnted - Tablecloths go on top of the table

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    i was referring more to the coaching position paypacket.

as for the players. Spurs keep signing 'good' players. does he need to go to a club with more money to sign more 'good' players. seems all he'll do is get Spurs players to come over on more cash.
    Pochettino doesnt have access to great players at Spuds
    No ****er is going there if they are already a star

At Man U he will have access to signing great players and not good ones

Wages wise Man U are spending more on wages than Man City
    Lukaku Sanchez Pogba etc just aint delivering like KDB Aguero Sterling etc

ManU just need to start signing players who actually deliver on the park and not flop like they currently doing

Plus ManUtd are still closer to winning the EPL than the Scousers and Spuds are

Banned
    can someone please 'splain to me the appeal of United over Spurs at the moment?
    is the pay packet 'that' much better?
    Spuds he has actually brought them up to be contenders
    Yeah they aint won but they are there abouts and even if the reality is laughable

Man Utd isnt actually the hardest gig at the moment.

Turning them into contenders again aint necessarily the hardest task. Just need to get the players performing and get some positive attacking play going

Senchez Lukaku DeGea Pogba Matic all pale imitations of themselves

Get half of them playing at 90% of capabilities and they start winning games regularly again

yeah i just look at it like people think united is a 'big' club and Spurs isnt.
    its like Liverpool fans crapping on about their pedigree but they aint won a title in what, 30 years?

your and my idea of a 'big' club isnt the same as our dads or grand daddies.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

yeah i just look at it like people think united is a 'big' club and Spurs isnt.
    its like Liverpool fans crapping on about their pedigree but they aint won a title in what, 30 years?

your and my idea of a 'big' club isnt the same as our dads or grand daddies.
    Sprus isnt a big club, never has been and never will be while their tightass owner is in charge. No top 4 finishes or Harry Kane golden boots will change this
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight

Statistically speaking the EPL table pretty much follows the money.
    We have seen two clubs since the EPL started defy the odds - but ultimately it's always about the money long-term.
    Get the Rothschild family behind a League 1 side and they could probably win an EPL title within ten years.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Statistically speaking the EPL table pretty much follows the money.
    We have seen two clubs since the EPL started defy the odds - but ultimately it's always about the money long-term.
    Get the Rothschild family behind a League 1 side and they could probably win an EPL title within ten years.
    Who was club 2, Cant be Blackburn as they spent big money to win the thing and unless your Arsenal Liverpool or Man U nothing won with money counts
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight

as for the players. Spurs keep signing 'good' players. does he need to go to a club with more money to sign more 'good' players. seems all he'll do is get Spurs players to come over on more cash.
    My bad, but same theory applies.

Let's say Dybala becomes available but the agent wants 20 million in fees from whichever club he signs for. Spuds can afford to waste that on agents. United Can.
    (Arsenal also can't really afford that at the moment)

Also, this is the reason that Liverpool are back n
    at/near the top. They accepted the market has become ridiculous but just dealt with it and brought in who they needed.

United have started working on a deal for Douglas Costa from Juve and have 2 top shelf CBs being worked on for the end of year ready for the new coach to choose. Mourinho only found out after he was leaving and is furious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post

Let's say Dybala becomes available but the agent wants 20 million in fees from whichever club he signs for. Spuds can afford to waste that on agents. United Can.

Also, this is the reason that Liverpool are back n
    at/near the top. They accepted the market has become ridiculous but just dealt with it and brought in who they needed.

United have started working on a deal for Douglas Costa from Juve and have 2 top shelf CBs being worked on for the end of year ready for the new coach to choose. Mourinho only found out after he was leaving and is furious.
    Really? United have been after centre backs for the past couple of years. They tried for Bonucci who accepted Milan then went back to Juve. Yjeu were linked with a few others as well, for one reason or another it did not come off.

yeah this is the curious bit for me, in that the Spurs bloke doesnt ever seem to be 'in' for these big names when they are available.
    id be shocked if he went to Old Trafford then went after Galacticos.
    id assume hed just be after the Juan Mata types that are floating around world football and would be his 'type' of player.

i also think even Pochetino* knows how much of a fraud Harry Kane is. No way hed break the bank to lure him away when he could get 5 or 6 'Son' types.

*there, i gave it one go at spelling his name. no idea if its good or not.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Sprus isnt a big club, never has been and never will be while their tightass owner is in charge. No top 4 finishes or Harry Kane golden boots will change this
    i mean, Spurs are 10th on the Forbes list of football clubs valuations.
    define 'big' however you want to. you can find something to support the argument both ways.
    but top 10 isnt 'big'?

ok then......
    Seems like I am WRONG

define 'big' however you want to. you can find something to support the argument both ways.
    but top 10 isnt 'big'?

ok then......
    Get your facts out of here. They're a London team not dressed in blue.

Sounds like a win win for coach and players tbh
    OK

but top 10 isnt 'big'?

ok then......
    Big clubs win trophies. Only way it should ever be judged

Quote Originally Posted by De-Champ View Post
    Really? United have been after centre backs for the past couple of years. They tried for Bonucci who accepted Milan then went back to Juve. Yjeu were linked with a few others as well, for one reason or another it did not come off.
    The reason was that the club didn't want to pay the amount that was quoted. They were in for Van Dyk but didn't pay the money. They were in for Laporte but didn't pay the money. They were in for Jimenez but didn't want to pay his release clause or the silly amount Madrid wanted.

Now, they are going to go all out on 1. Supposedly they have identified 2 and are already well into negotiations. I think one might be Hummels and the other I don't know. Maybe Micheal Keane.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Big clubs win trophies. Only way it should ever be judged
    Just so everyone knows, I'm not saying Tottenham aren't a big club. I'm saying they can't compete money wise. Which is a totally different argument.

Just so everyone knows, I'm not saying Tottenham aren't a big club. I'm saying they can't compete money wise. Which is a totally different argument.
    They can, Levi just wont spend money

love at first sight

Their not moving on

love at first sight

They can, Levi just wont spend money
    How can Tottenham who have massive debts and much less revenue than United compete money wise? I've told you to stop reading facebook articles about football. Trust me when I say they have no money, Ive witnessed a club move stadium. It's very tough to compete during those years.

How can Tottenham who have massive debts and much less revenue than United compete money wise? I've told you to stop reading facebook articles about football. Trust me when I say they have no money, Ive witnessed a club move stadium. It's very tough to compete during those years.
    You had money as well just wouldnt spend it either

love at first sight

OK