Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: HAL 12/13 Rd 12 - HSGHPNUJFC vs Sydney FC @ Home - 22/Dec/12 k/off 5:30pm AEDST

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    so is brown injured (and if yay, for how long) or just given some time off?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    We could only hope
    Nash
    Neville - Regan - Mitchell - Ritter
    Chapman - Tiago
    Rubez - Brillante - Goodwin
    Heskey

Sorted.

Actually did that as a joke but that would be better than some of the sides we have put out of late...

Glad he is going with a 19 man squad, would hate to know in advance that Regan, Ribiero, Gallaway and Bridges were not gonig to be selected. Would hate to kill the suspense to early inthe week.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocknerd View Post
    Glad he is going with a 19 man squad, would hate to know in advance that Regan, Ribiero, Gallaway and Bridges were not gonig to be selected. Would hate to kill the suspense to early inthe week.
    bridges might be selected. who knows, we might actually be leading with 5 minutes to go.

Ray Baartz in today's Herald:

‘‘They talk about the F3 derby against the Mariners, but I’ve always felt our biggest games were against Sydney. They’re the team you like to beat.’’

Sure there is a rivalry between the two biggest cities in NSW but its not a derby. Sydney FC fans wouldn't rate a rivalry with Newcastle anywhere near Melbourne Victory or WSW. It's just one of many potential points of interest in the League.

To me, if the Jets players are "lifting" to play Sydney FC, and it seems obvious that they are, then they don't posess the psychology of the top clubs. The players have bought into the propaganda that Sydney FC are the glamour club.

This was a problem I saw following Leeds for so many years. They would lift for Man U, Liverpool etc. but then lose to the cellar dwellars.

A great team needs to be great in every game, not based on who the opposition is.

I'm predicting another Christmas/New Year disaster as the Jets players have historically been below par in the silly season.

Come on Ray, this culture needs to be fixed. Lead from the top.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Nash
    Neville - Regan - Mitchell - Ritter
    Chapman - Tiago
    Rubez - Brillante - Goodwin
    Heskey

Sorted.

Actually did that as a joke but that would be better than some of the sides we have put out of late...
    Edit saw your post on the previous page.

yep 100% something GVE would do.
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

baartzy out of touch with the kids again

They trained 352 most of the session today. Changes on the way?

think shitknee will be expecting us to play 3 across the back...this could get ugly...then again they are fvcking terrible
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

And GVE the tactical genius he is will not release right up until 5 mins to kick off which side or end each of the ball boys and girls will be stationed.

What a man !.

I think the facebook promotions of this game from the Jets have been ridiculous. Editted graphics depicting Heskey and Del Piero having conversations, etc. You'd think they could do better than that

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I think the facebook promotions of this game from the Jets have been ridiculous. Editted graphics depicting Heskey and Del Piero having conversations, etc. You'd think they could do better than that
    i hear money is a bit tight these days.

Mel McLaughlin in her weekly preview:
    "For Newcastle, I’m looking to the likes of Ruben Zadkovich to lead the way on a big night in the Hunter."
    Mel and Rubes together.. PV4 is about to lose his shit.. haha

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by seldom View Post
    think shitknee will be expecting us to play 3 across the back...this could get ugly...then again they are fvcking terrible

So whats wrong with the Back 3??? Don't tell me that it is shit and causes us to leak goals coz we leak them no better with a back 4 in place.

Still believe that we can make a go of this back 3 if the naysayers get off the case of the coach. Rd 1 we let not two sloppy goals thanks to midfielders not tracking runs and all of a sudden the loss was down to the Back 3.

Spare me the BS

I'm with MFKS... can't see us being any WORSE at the back with a 3-5-2. When defending, we have almost been playing with a back 2 anyway, might be nice to have a third body there. In attack we are almost 3-5-2 as well with one of the deeper midfields almost dropping back to the centre backs to collect the ball.

Meh, doesn't matter. Loose anyway.

in terms of how we have, and how we would play it - a back three is shit mfkfc. spare me your bs.

we couldn't pass it out from the back in rd 1 because mitchell was completely alone whenever he had the ball. the midfielders wouldn't have needed to track the runs if we were more congested in the box (aka had four at the back) so the opposition wouldn't have found space as easily.

outside of local league - a back three only works if it's treated as a back five, with heaps energetic & willing-to-defend as well as transition-into-attack-incredibly-quickly wide backs. which we don't have (maybe goodwin could do it if it was drilled into him, but then again that'd mean gary would have to start him).
    OK

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/...el-Piero/56198

That is Gaz speak for "I am going to have RubeZ man mark him, niggle at him all day", isn't it?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    in terms of how we have, and how we would play it - a back three is shit mfkfc. spare me your bs.

we couldn't pass it out from the back in rd 1 because mitchell was completely alone whenever he had the ball. the midfielders wouldn't have needed to track the runs if we were more congested in the box (aka had four at the back) so the opposition wouldn't have found space as easily.

outside of local league - a back three only works if it's treated as a back five, with heaps energetic & willing-to-defend as well as transition-into-attack-incredibly-quickly wide backs. which we don't have (maybe goodwin could do it if it was drilled into him, but then again that'd mean gary would have to start him).
    I would have thought the Back 3 would be played as a back 5 when you include your Wing Backs bombing up and down the flanks PV4. Goody would do a good job on the left and defo has the engine for it and I think we have a more than adequate stop gap measure in the squad in your mate Ruben to do the job on the right

This BS about midfielders not needing to track runs is complete crap. Everyone in the team has a job to do and as midfielders their job is not to allow their "MAN" to run away from them into the box and be unmarked when we are defending on the top of our box as Zadko done this day. Maybe if the players as individuals took on the responsibilities they should be instead of fobbing them off and leaving it to others we may actually keep a clean sheet this season.

As for Mitchell being left alone when we had the ball that day we all seen what happened when he got it as it was his **** up that led to Birraz getting sent off. Not to mention the 5-10 other times this imposter has cost us this season. Bloke is a dead set waste of money

i feel like we're going around in circles here. like i said - a back 3 should be played as a back 5. but the moment gary gets ahold of it - our wide right guy is james virgilli or taggz who, under gve instruction, will spend most of the day on the touchline in a super high position. we would not play it as a back 5 with wingbacks, and that's why we should not do it.

i didn't say midfielders shouldn't track - i said they wouldn't need to as much because the opposition wouldn't find holes in our high-numbered, more congested four man defence, as opposed to finding easy space to run into with a back three.

watch the adelaide game again. mitchell would get the ball in the middle and be faced with three adelaide men (one in front, two to the sides) before he could pick out any jets colour. he was completely stranded with the ball, and was left with no choice but to attempt to chip the closest defender to get the ball to our guy who was directly behind said defender. this is how gary sets up his team regardless of formation - virgili is nearly never in an open space and is always behind a defender. when playing with a back three, gve sets it up so no one is within 10m of the centre defender with the ball, and the defender is left on his own in possession whilst getting closed down. the only reason it worked back in 08 is stu would come looking for it - which jobe/rubez does not do as well or as willingly.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/...el-Piero/56198

That is Gaz speak for "I am going to have RubeZ man mark him, niggle at him all day", isn't it?
    will be another outrage when we clean him up in his own half & he's given a freekick on the edge of our box again
    OK