Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HAL 12/13 Round 12 - Other Fixtures

Elrich lol...took Popovic 5 minutes to realise he's ordinary

p.s. ay
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

Quote Originally Posted by seldom View Post
    Elrich lol...took Popovic 5 minutes to realise he's ordinary

p.s. ay
    I thought Poppa was just benching Elrich so he didn't get hurt?

Polenz is ordinary. Definitely the weak link in that side.

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    scott neville is actually pretty good hey
    Agreed. Also going to stick my neck out and say I think Josh Mitchell is a victim of the terrible gameplan by GVE (or whoever tells the fullbacks to run as far away from the ball as they can)

After that performance you would have to say that WSW are serious contenders now. They scored something like 5 goals in their first 8 or 9 games and now have 8 in their last two!!!When you see a new club doing so well and you look at how our club has been amongst the also-rans for the last 4-5 seasons I think it's time the club i.e management, coaching staff start having a long,hard look at themselves and the way they go about their whole business of trying to run a successful football team.

Quote Originally Posted by WolfMan View Post
    Agreed. Also going to stick my neck out and say I think Josh Mitchell is a victim of the terrible gameplan by GVE (or whoever tells the fullbacks to run as far away from the ball as they can)
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by WolfMan View Post
    Yeah coz it's GVE's gameplan to give away penalties with idiotic challenges, not mark players, pass the ball directly to the opposition, mouth off and generally do a poor impression of a 6 year old who has never played soccer before.

Quote Originally Posted by Disinterested Bystander View Post
    Yeah coz it's GVE's gameplan to give away penalties with idiotic challenges, not mark players, pass the ball directly to the opposition, mouth off and generally do a poor impression of a 6 year old who has never played soccer before.
    The passing to opposition is IMHO a direct result of fullbacks running away from him, forcing low percentage passes.

It seems to me that the whole team has been instructed to employ Zonal Marking, you need top quality players all over the park for this to work.

And which penalty are you referring to? If it was last week v Perth, I have to disagree with you. Should never have been a penalty, got the ball in a hard, but fair challenge.

Once again, just my personal opinion. Josh Mitchell isn't our problem. In fact, not 1 single player is our problem.

Quote Originally Posted by stopper2 View Post
    I think it's time the club i.e management, coaching staff start having a long,hard look at themselves and the way they go about their whole business of trying to run a successful football team.
    Why ? Everyone knows its Taylor Regans fault. Ask Gary.

Aaaaaarchieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

Quote Originally Posted by seldom View Post
    Aaaaaarchieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Well taken goal and good call from the refs assistant. Got it spot on.

Comes across as a real prick...but by feck can he finish! Outside of the boot chip - sublime

And I've got to say, Alan Milner had a really good game.

I'm generally one to bag the refs whenever I get the chance, but he had a really good game IMO.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Thought it was easily the best game of the year to watch with the atmosphere and the melbourne darby build up. Postecoglu soccer is starting to pay off. They are starting to look like a well drilled team who are very comftable on the ball. I wouldnt be surprised if the heart make the semis and get quite along way, they have alot of quality and were probally unlucky not to get something from the game.