Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: HAL 12/13 Rd 13 - Melbourne Victory vs Newcastle Jets - 28/12/12 k/off 730pm AEDST

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by seldom View Post
    I too was surprised by how quick he was and I've seen him play a fair bit of yoof. Reckon he's done well in both games tbh especially in attack.I thought he was a bit of a numpty with not much chance of making it in the top level but seems like he's got some potential............How old is he ?

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    FFS Some of you ****s need to get a grip on reality. Rojas scored two ****ing jaffas and done **** pall else. Blaming Birraz for them FFS. Some times you just have to applaud and say too ****ing good.

Our defence was ****ing woeful?? FFS concede to 2 candidates for goal of the season and another one on a fast release after Victree gained possession and you ****ers want to slash your wrists.

Goody Header
    Chapo Header
    Heskey Header

All First half should be all going in

Chilli cleared off line
    Taggz block by Coe

What cost us today was our shithouse finishing. We could have easily had 7-8.

Poor finishing and conceeding a couple of screamers and some ****s want to slash their wrists.

Me I am impressed with how we are going at present. Well Done GVE. The football is getting better and we are getting better. To all the haters out there get over it. You have no ****ing idea going off the handle at the drop of a hat cause we don't win all the time. FFS we are a work in progress and I am liking the never say die attitude and having a go aspect seen from the boys. Give them some more experience and time and things will be going in the right direction very quickly. Some of you ****ers who expect a pile of kids who some have a dozen HAL games under their belt to dominate experienced players every game every week. FFS

All of you have NFI

KEEP THE FAITH

2013 >> The year of the long awaited CLEAN SHEET
    Me agree... im scared

I have to say, I agree as well.

Its easy to crucify a defender because a mistake often leads to a goal. Make one mistake in a game and your down 1-0.

A striker misses a few chances and somehow its just unlucky, a good chance or overlooked, but those misses are as costly as the error at the back that lead to the goal.

We played well last night and it actually gave me hope for the remainder of the season. I couldn't have said that the last few weeks.

Will our defence win us a title?? **** No. But we ain't gonna be winning a title this year with this squad. Some of you ****ers need your heads read. Small improvements turn these 3-2 losses into wins.
    But I'm guessing you also heard van Egmond's post-game comments, which imply that we'll be sticking with the same squad next season (and for a while after that, it seems)? Which means we won't be winning a title then, or the season after, or probably for quite a few seasons to come.

Meaningful signings have to be made. The Jets never make them. It's not rocket science...

The only bloke at present on current form whom i think has next to zero to contribute even if he improved tenfold is Mitchell. He stinks big time and was not worth the plane fare from the west.

Go out on a limb here and suggest others at the back have no faith in his ability to carry his own hence effects there performance and judgement, a dead set suitcase having to be carried through a game.
    Last edited by 380; 29-12-2012 at 08:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    The only bloke at present on current form whom i think has next to zero to contribute even if he improved tenfold is Mitchell. He stinks big time and was not worth the plane fare from the west.

Go out on a limb here and suggest others at the back have no faith in his ability to carry his own hence effects there performance and judgement, a dead set suitcase having to be carried through a game.
    Hey...how are ya Tiggs ?
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

Quote Originally Posted by timmy_v View Post
    What's this?
    ha

Good supports down in Melbz, money where your mouth is etc. Keep it up boiz.

Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    ha

Good supports down in Melbz, money where your mouth is etc. Keep it up boiz.

???

Quote Originally Posted by seldom View Post
    Hey...how are ya Tiggs ?
    olá....tudo bom Seldom ?.

Banned
    Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Will our defence win us a title?? **** No. But we ain't gonna be winning a title this year with this squad. Some of you ****ers need your heads read. Small improvements turn these 3-2 losses into wins.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muswellbrookian View Post
    But I'm guessing you also heard van Egmond's post-game comments, which imply that we'll be sticking with the same squad next season (and for a while after that, it seems)? Which means we won't be winning a title then, or the season after, or probably for quite a few seasons to come.

Meaningful signings have to be made. The Jets never make them. It's not rocket science...
    Emphasis on this year with this squad. Give them another year or two and we will be in there firing away when it counts.

Emphasis on this year with this squad. Give them another year or two and we will be in there firing away when it counts.
    I thought this year counted?

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    I thought "Every goal matters"...or counted
    It's goals against hurting us. The tabkle doesn't lie.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Does unless the Gypos win and then we will just pretend it never happened!!!

Plague I just feel we are where we are because that's where we are at. I don't understand the whole its GVE's team we should be firing on all cylinders now when most of our squad are novices at this level. It's not like GVE went out and bought a bunch of proven stars. The only bloke we got of note was Heskey. Mitchell and Neville have never been world beaters Ritter and Barnardo are unknowns and the rest of our signings Goody Brillante Taggz etc are ones for the future.

My expectations for this season were top 6 and top 4 if we can get on a bit of a run. I feel we will still achieve the top 6 aspect of it and if we can get a back half of the season run together we can make Top4. Lets remember we were in a similar spot this time last season and we went into the final game in 6th place. Our form in the second half of the season last year wasn't world beater either.

I am happy we are tracking upwards and starting to get shitty with some of the clowns out there who wish to sack the coach everytime we have a loss. Delusions of granduer if you think we are gonna be there seriously when the whips were cracking this season.

Success on the pitch comes from consistency on /off the pitch. This pre season has been probably the most stable the Jets have ever had. After the HSG handing back licence shenanigans the squad was able to have a solid scandal free and settled squad pre season for the first time ever. Instead of building on this solidity some ****ers wish to throw the baby out with the bath water.

There is a reason why clubs such as Man Utd Brisbane Broncoes Gypos etc are successful and we can start no further the search than looking at the common denominator of a coach who has the backing of his fans/supporters

Then we can look at the likes of Liverpool Chelsea Sydney FC who constantly change coaches and wonder why they get little to NO success.

We made a decision when Branko got rid of Chulina and that was to reinstate the EGG. Whether this decision is right/wrong is irrelevant it is high time we saw it through and got our club the consistency we never ever have.

PS TInks money Issues aside

Awww, just ring el sweety pie Joel!!
    He will come home,

^^^
    I don't get what "We made a decision when Branko got rid of Chulina" means but in essence I agree pretty much what MFKS is saying.
    However if we were to finish 7th or worse I would deem this season to be a failure.
    I remember back in 2007 when we lost the likes of Carle, Okon, Milton, Coveny etc. and at the start of season 3 of the HAL there were no great expectations because we had a lot of new faces and young places. The general thought was that we were re-building for the future.....all of a sudden we're in the Gf and we win it!!!
    I just can't see that happening this season, there are still some pieces missing to the overall jigsaw....maybe 2 or 3 at the most. Maybe those "missing pieces" are already there but are yet to come to fruition. I would be happy if we were to finish 5th or higher (6th would be ok just to get finals experience for the young players), keep the nucleus of our squad, build on that and give the top four a real shake next season.

aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh...the rebuilding clause...all coaches at all levels would like to get this in their contract...lol
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

It's working for Wenger.
    Maybe GVE will still be in charge in 2027

I'm going to get a massive tattoo that says "Jets, Premiers 07/08 and 'next year'".