View Poll Results: Who should the Western Stand be named after?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ray Baartz

9 24.32%
  • Craig Johnston

14 37.84%
  • Someone else

7 18.92%
  • No need to yet

0 0%
  • Slobs

7 18.92%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Naming of Western Stand

why do we have a grandstand named after a drug user, we might as well call it the Renae Lawrence stand (local girl) as it obviously stands for sweet FA

Heskey.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    why do we have a grandstand named after a drug user, we might as well call it the Renae Lawrence stand (local girl) as it obviously stands for sweet FA
    lozl
    Couldnt give 2 shakes what it's called. Whole afair is so ghey. go with Pork hunt stand

johnston,baartz,date ?....I think we're forgetting The Snood...yep Snood stand for me
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

demon
    The more names that get thrown up (serious ones that is) the more thought needs to be put into it.

Reg Date - history speaks for itself as a player but outside of true local football tragics and Wallsend his name isn't recognised so I couldn't see that one getting up.

RB - well a man of talent and well known locally but perhaps his more recent roles have made him a step to close and a little political a choice.

CJ - I understand the comments but is still the public name for football locally and was a poster on many a local wall of young people in his day.

Salisbury - For more than one reason a real leader in the game from when she was at the Jaffas till at the Jets W-League. Known to people also.

I actually founf the more I thought the less inclined I was to name the grand stand anything...... I think I would rather see (for a number of sports) Honour Boards or Plaques placed around both stands main walkways of those players.

Lets see a photo og CJ in KB kit with a paragraph or two about his career. RB in an Aus shirt, Cheryl in one of her many World Cup games etc.... and then same with the Knights and then look outside the field to Kurt, Mark Richards etc.

Quote Originally Posted by demon View Post
    I actually founf the more I thought the less inclined I was to name the grand stand anything...... I think I would rather see (for a number of sports) Honour Boards or Plaques placed around both stands main walkways of those players.

Lets see a photo og CJ in KB kit with a paragraph or two about his career. RB in an Aus shirt, Cheryl in one of her many World Cup games etc.... and then same with the Knights and then look outside the field to Kurt, Mark Richards etc.
    Irrespective of what name (if any gets picked) this is a great idea. Might actually liven up the walkways inside the stands.

Add a players name to the Bay numbers (just to confuse people), and have the photos displayed at the respective bay entrances.

Reg Date. If people don't recognise the name/ what it means, they should find out. He also played football when the game was seriuosly attacking.

Further to Demons idea, Arsenals stadium has a similar thing all around the outside if their stadium. Big panels dedicated to individual players and their achievements. As a non Arsenal fan i found myself doing the whole lap reading them all (except Martin Keown, i spat on that one).it was a great way to learn about their history.
    Just copy their idea I reckon. Honour heaps of people from all codes.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Further to Demons idea, Arsenals stadium has a similar thing all around the outside if their stadium. Big panels dedicated to individual players and their achievements. As a non Arsenal fan i found myself doing the whole lap reading them all (except Martin Keown, i spat on that one).it was a great way to learn about their history.
    Just copy their idea I reckon. Honour heaps of people from all codes.
    Chelsea have something similar at Stamford Bridge. They have players like Cech, Zico, Lampard and Terry.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    matty johns

Taylor regan
    Reg regan
    Reg date

The circle turns

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    butch hayes

Nathan Green

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Fish View Post
    Nathan Green
    he's such a top bloke, and a pretty decent footballer too.

probably about 5-7 years ago, he went through a bit of a form slump on all the US (etc) opens he was competing in so came home for a few months to get his zen back. his bro played 1st at awaba in state league with us, so nathan put his boots on and played about 5 games of reserves at right back. his fitness wasn't great, but he was incredibly sound at right back. with more fitness work i daresay he could have cracked state league 1st grade.

OK

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    + 1 for Renae Lawrence stand.

Jonno for me, he's the reason I became a Liverpool supporter. Or it could be called the Kewell stand and the other one would be the unKewell stand.

Quote Originally Posted by My2BobsWorth View Post
    Jonno for me, he's the reason I became a Liverpool supporter.
    So name a stand at Anfield after him. I genuinely don't get this argument for him to be given such an honour.

in all seriousness besides playing a hand full of games for KB what has he done for football in the hunter? I also don't buy into the "he chose not to play for Australia" argument some hold against the bloke, times were different then. I just can't help but think there are many more who have one more for the game in newy than he has.

but he invented the predator m8

As for Jonno not wanting to play for his country, the interview Foz did with him at the World Cup, he said he approached Soccer Australia or whatever it was, and offered his services, and they told him to **** off. When they later approached him to play, he told them the same thing.

auntie cheryl or reg date imo