Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Seriously, whats wrong with the Jets?

Quote Originally Posted by stopper2 View Post
    De Groot (he was Branko's).
    I believe this is incorrect. iirc gve had de groot for the acl.

I actually love some of the imports we have right now though - huge fan of tiago, ritter & heskey
    OK

We must have the worst record for "failed" imports in the history of the HAL and most of them were signed by GVE....Hakannson, Drovandi, Denni, Zura, De Groot (he was Branko's). These are just a few off the top of my head which all lasted 1 season or less and I'm afraid Ribeiro will join that group, not because he is no good but because like a few of the others mentioned he has just not had the opportunities.
    Milton also was only here for 1 season and had a big impact but wasn't re-signed by GVE.
    Just because a player lasted 1 season with us, doesn't mean they were failures. Corbo was good, 1 season, Denni played almost every game for us in s3, 1 year, Vigs was brilliant, less than 1 year, Byun was solid last year as well. I don't get this whole we've had shocking luck with imports. The fact is we've had some brilliant imports, and just some equally shitty as well.

As Milton, maybe he didn't want to stay in Australia? After us, he returned to play for Cali in the Colombian league. Just because a player doesn't want to stay, doesn't means its automatically the managers fault.
    Last edited by Thomas477; 05-01-2013 at 10:52 AM.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    I believe this is incorrect. iirc gve had de groot for the acl.

I actually love some of the imports we have right now though - huge fan of tiago, ritter & heskey
    Unfortunatly pv4 i got bad news for you: There is more chance of snow falling in Newcastle than seeing Tiago play in a jets shirt under GVE

Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Unfortunatly pv4 i got bad news for you: There is more chance of snow falling in Newcastle than seeing Tiago play in a jets shirt under GVE

I reckon you are right lquiquer, looking at the pic in the Herald today.

Looked all to similar to the Regan Pics.

Over to the GVE out thread now to vent.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    As Milton, maybe he didn't want to stay in Australia? After us, he returned to play for Cali in the Colombian league. Just because a player doesn't want to stay, doesn't means its automatically the managers fault.
    GVE only wanted Milton as a bench player and as such offered him less than 100k a season.He went on to play in the MLS for several clubs and scored plenty of goals.

So another big **** up by the great GVE.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    Just because a player lasted 1 season with us, doesn't mean they were failures. Corbo was good, 1 season, Denni played almost every game for us in s3, 1 year, Vigs was brilliant, less than 1 year, Byun was solid last year as well. I don't get this whole we've had shocking luck with imports. The fact is we've had some brilliant imports, and just some equally shitty as well.

I too thought that Denni was good value and Zura was just hitting his straps, then he was released. Vigs too was just settling into the team and got injured. The point I'm making is that as a club we more then probably any club either pick the wrong import or just don't seem to give them enough time to settle in and consquently after 1 season (or even less) are not re-signed or released. It's not about "shocking luck", it's more about being able to identify the type of player to suit your team and just plain patience. GVE seems to lack both of these qualities.

I too thought that Denni was good value and Zura was just hitting his straps, then he was released. Vigs too was just settling into the team and got injured. The point I'm making is that as a club we more then probably any club either pick the wrong import or just don't seem to give them enough time to settle in and consquently after 1 season (or even less) are not re-signed or released. It's not about "shocking luck", it's more about being able to identify the type of player to suit your team and just plain patience. GVE seems to lack both of these qualities.
    Don't worry next year our only import will be Heskey with the other 4 spots taken up by more AIS kids - problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by westjet View Post
    Don't worry next year our only import will be Heskey with the other 4 spots taken up by more AIS kids - problem solved.
    Would there be 4 left ?. Thought we had them all.

What's wrong with the Jets? Appears to be Tiago, Mitchell and Brown at he moment.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Brown
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

Seriously I know brown wasn't great again but for those of us who don't have negative blinkers on when it comes to brown, he wasn't that bad, and certainly showed much improvement from first few games with us.
    I myself had the same negative blinkers on over zadkovich until recently(I hated his terrible passing, positioning and ability to shit himself and turn it over in the middle of the park) but I never once yelled form the stands at him or Gary to get him off and certainly didn't jeer and boo him off like some of the pathetic ****s in the western stand tonight. Obviously not true supporters

Banned
    Right Tommyjet

Brown was a lot better today than recent outings. Still not good enough in my opinion at present but he was definitely better.

If he had been rating a 2/3 out of 10 recently he was at least a 5/10 today. Still not up to scratch but heading in the right direction

Yeah I can accept he wasnt great, but the obviously uneducated pricks I sit near in bay 56 in particular booed and jeered him when he came of which is pathetic at best and its this bandwagon is continuously gaining pace against the poor kid. These people are that narrow minded a player like bridges could come on lose the ball 20 times in a minute and miss an open net and they'd still cheer for the useless prick.
    It's at the point that even if brown scored and had a 8 or 9/10 game it wouldn't be good enough for the blinkered wankers, they'd still be yelling out for his head at half time

Brown must be the new bk.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Fish View Post
    I thought that was Chilli?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary Fish View Post

No

Brown will be revered in the manner of Marko Jesic in about 3 years time if he keeps heading the way he has been going.

Mitchell? Gallaway?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by namwob99 View Post
    Mitchell? Gallaway?
    So lets get this right

Browns the new Jesic
    Mitchells the new Galloway
    Chilli is the new BK
    Tiago is the new Kasey Wehrman

Think thats now sorted

And GVE is the same old GVE.

Who is the new Kaz?