Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: HAL 12/13 Rd 15 - Newcastle Jets v Adelaide United - 5/1/13 k/off 530pm AEDST

woo. game day. so excited.

can't wait to see what tripe we dish up today.

meh...

I can't wait for all the matchday feelings of excitement, hope and optimism, to be replaced by the usual soul crushing disappointment of watching a bunch of pea-hearts try to **** a doorknob..
    The only major injustice is that we can only be served mid-strength beer to deal with copping such a visual raping..

(Hoping my negativity will work in a "reverse psychology" sort of way and that we will win.. haha )
    Last edited by Bon; 05-01-2013 at 12:14 PM.

Hot weather, we always do well in hot weather........

The playing group should be up for this one. The Egg naming a 22 man squad on 442 would be confusing the hell out of Kossi and instilling confidence in the starting eleven from the Heart match.

bon - get so ripped at the tenz that you don't remember the game and don't need to drink mid-strength. works for me (y)
    we will loose

hey snake u should come to my place and eat ribz n chickun wings

Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bon - get so ripped at the tenz that you don't remember the game and don't need to drink mid-strength. works for me (y)
    True.. It's worked for me in the past..
    Currently trying to get out of going to a wedding.. The Mrs has given the old "You don't have to go", which we all know means "You don't have to go.......... unless you want to sleep on the couch for a month"...

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    True.. It's worked for me in the past..
    Currently trying to get out of going to a wedding.. The Mrs has given the old "You don't have to go", which we all know means "You don't have to go.......... unless you want to sleep on the couch for a month"...
    All the best mate. Think carefully.

Regan starting. Sky falling etc.

with the lineup given i would rather have Griffo and Brown swapped so Griff is left wing and Brown is behind Heskey.... better would be sit Brown next to Mitchell and out of the team though

6 Minutes in and we are already kicking the ball as hard as we can up the field..... *sigh* ...... wheres the bourbon

Sarting to play better and get some passes and shots off. Griffo nearly scored, Virgilli dribbling well.... and Gallaway's shot..... wtf is he doing up the field not to mention only about 30 seconds before this body checks Vidosic amazingly doesn't give away a free kick. I thought he was good in his first appearance but the rap he just got off the commentators.... i don't know wht games they've been watching him play.... he is less than impressive to say the least

And thats half time. 0-0. Best way to describe it is no one is playing poorly but no one is setting the world on fire by any means. Virgilly and Griff have been our best whith Virgilli only really getting into it in the last 10-15 minutes and could of put Griff through for a one on one with Eugene but for his pass behind the man instead of infront.

Doing alot better defensively bar a few chances in the first 10 minutes.

i'm really not sure what we practice as training. it clearly can't be ball control, passing, marking, spatial awareness or defending. that leaves crossing and shooting. we aren't very good at those either.

small mercies though, clean sheet! when was the last time we had a clean sheet at half time?

I like this no handball call. It hit the chest/shoulder first and even then its not conclusive it touched Heskeys hand, but they are saying even if it did than he wouldn't of had control over the ball after hitting the shoulder therefore maing it accidental and no penalty. Brings back memories from round 1. This one was called correctly though thank god.

Heskey off Taggart on.... injury reasons

Time to make your mark Adam

Already looking better with Taggart on.

Left Quad n Heskey is tight

Quote Originally Posted by weston View Post
    Heskey off Taggart on.... injury reasons

Time to make your mark Adam
    "Injury reasons", hey? Bet that's just what Gary's telling them. Is this the beginning of the end for Heskeytime?

Anyway, GVE has pretty much has the initial youthful line-up from pre-season out there now. Wonder if they'll remember how to execute his "system".