Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Ladies, apply within Thread.. aka the Gamer Thread

Quote Originally Posted by russjaybee View Post
    Any of you nerds still get on to fifa?

psn: russjb

Add me geeks and beat me, I dare ya.
    xbox

Almost certainly on the PS4 next gen though. Mrs Grim doesn't care, as long as she can watch iView through it.

Come to the light my friend

Come to the light my friend
    The sole reason I got the 360 was to play Pro Clubs with a bunch of awesome blokes from another forum. The PS3 guys there were mostly ok but with a few dicks thrown in.

There is no light btw.

If anyone is keen I'd be up for some funs. Don't mind a bit of team play.
    Mostly spent all my time on FUT and playing dirty jets / arsenal seasons.

That feel when your 17 year old youth player scored for the first team

Picked mine up yestee, gonna crack in to it tonight, KEEEEEEEEEEEEN.
    Pity there isn't co-op story mode because that would have been the shit.
    How far in are you? I'm legit hooked on this game

Umm not far hey man.

Only had a couple of sessions, still with old love Tess trying to get Ellie out of the city. In the falling down skyscraper, gotta clear a floor of a handful of runners and clickers.

There are some tough moments, totally forgot about the ninja hearing mode to see through walls haha, gotta have another crack and use that.

If you're in front of me don't spoil bra!

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    I just finished Fire Emblem Awakening on 3ds. Great game.
    I'm with you man.. Damn awesome RPG for the 3DS..

Umm not far hey man.

Only had a couple of sessions, still with old love Tess trying to get Ellie out of the city. In the falling down skyscraper, gotta clear a floor of a handful of runners and clickers.

There are some tough moments, totally forgot about the ninja hearing mode to see through walls haha, gotta have another crack and use that.

If you're in front of me don't spoil bra!
    Yep I'm a far way past that, but get the feeling I've barely scraped the surface of what's yet to come.

I remember that room. At the time I thought it was fxxxed, and it took me so long to clear. The mrs stormed out from fear about 3 times but looking back at that room now and comparing it to some of the things I've cleared since, that room was a walk in the park. I reckon I spent a good 30mins (without dying) trying to clear a non-infected zone yesterday.

You'll probably find your own groove on how to deal with packs of infected, but I've found over time that the best way to deal with them when you can't stealth the whole time is eliminate the clickers immediately, and worry about the runners later. If you're in punching combat with a runner, the other infected will kind of stand around until you're done and then try and attack you when you finish. Taking a few hits from leftover runners is better than being killed by a clicker instantly. So I suggest getting a good sight on the clicker, shooting him, and then just melee your way through the runners. And try and save your melee weapons for clickers because they're a waste on runners.

That stealth hearing thing will legit be your best friend later, particularly when dealing with non-infected.

What difficulty are you playing on? I just went normal.

Yeh I'm just rolling normal. Roger that on the clicker front, think I attempted the room 3 times (without using stealth hearing) would get spotted by a runner and every time melee occurred it would be the clicker that got me, little slut.

Sick game but (Y)

PS did you play Uncharted? Hard not to compare the lead in TLoU with Nathan Drake haha

Yeah there's parts later in the game that it's near necessary to remove the clickers and just ignore the runners basically.

I'm stuck on a room now that is just wave after wave of around 2-3 clickers and 4-5 runners being sent at you.

Nope didn't play Uncharted (apart from Batman Arkham City, the only video games I've bought in the last 5 years have been FIFA and NBA 2k), but have heard it's pretty similar. I guess you'd expect similarities if it's the same mob making the games.

Still easily the greatest game I've ever played.

Yeh totally. Uncharted 2 is an amazing game also, highly recommend if you're ever after something similar.

Soooooo.... this game is pretty damn good.

Have played more pv4 and really getting in to it.

SPOILERS BELOW ...
    Tess is goneski and we've met up with Bill, about to start gathering car parts. The scene when you get strung up by Bills trap and have to fight of the horde attacking you whilst hanging from the roof, awesome.
    Last edited by russjaybee; 05-08-2013 at 01:00 PM. Reason: Stole pv4's white font idea...

Soooooo.... this game is pretty damn good.

Have played more pv4 and really getting in to it.
    Man, so good!

SPOILER WHITE FONT BELOW
    That scene was epic! You have so so many just as good, if not better, coming up.

You're probably at the stage where you're starting to get into the swing of how you deal with hordes of infected too - it was around that stage I really started getting into the "clickers first, everything else later". There's a pretty epic "boss battle" coming up soon for you too

I'm pretty far ahead (powered through, so hooked), but haven't played in over a week. Will have a crack tonight again.

Keep me updated, would love to hear more about where you're up to! You have so far to go, so many feels, so many epic battles!

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Man, so good!

I'm pretty far ahead (powered through, so hooked), but haven't played in over a week. Will have a crack tonight again.
    You better be out at Rathmines this weekend throwing plastic.

The Last of Us play through for pv4

Last night we went out on our mission with Bill to get the battery and yes, encountered the boss you were talking about, the Bloater. This sucker took some time to kill, pretty standard boss battle though.

Definitely getting the hang of the whole *clickers first* approach and after trying a section stealth a couple of times I've just raged and blew the f*ckers apart haha.

Found old mate Bill's partner hanging and then the note where his partner pretty much cains Bill haha. At moments like that I kinda wish there was an option to show Bill the note if you wanted to?

Anyway so Ellie and I got out of there and have since fought our way out of the trap sprung on us when we hit the city.
    I'm now up to the main sort of compound area just after the checkpoint where these scumbags are hiding out.
    Something really annoying though my save point is just after I kind of accidentally started a big gun fight with everyone in the warehouse so I'm at a pretty shitty point haha. People coming at me from all angles.

That part is awesome! Definately keep the updates coming!

I finished the game last night. Them feels!!!!!! Definately persevere with the game - well worth it. Am thinking of running through it again - and I get the feeling I get to keep my weapon upgrades if I do (Y)
    OK

The Last of Us cont.

Well pv4 a lot has happened since my last update, truly been a roller coaster ride.

Met up with Henry and Sam, whoa that was a pretty ruthless emotional ride they took us on with that one, the scene where Ellie and Sam bond and then straight afterwards you find out Sam's been bitten, far out. Then Henry just straight up shoots himself, holy shit.

Then of course we went and met up with Tommy at Jackson City and we finally had the emotional breakthrough between Ellie and Joel, again, awesome. The game is written and directed so well. I find myself wanting to play through the sections just to get to the next cut-scene and see where the story goes.

We've made our way to the Uni and I'm just about at the Science Lab, just having to deal with another Bloater, annoying thing.

The game is very linear but that almost makes it even stronger, doesn't have to rely on this "open world" type stuff because you're actually so engrossed in the narrative and the characters.

pv4 I finished it last night.

Simply amazing. Easily the best single player game I have ever played.
    Some incredible moments throughout what was an arduous journey.

How are people finding GTA V so far?

Loving it. Only about 2 hours in, still running around as Franklin and only done a handful of missions. Think last was intro to Chops mission.

I absolutely suck at the driving... which may make the game somewhat unfun later on. Bikes are an entirely different story, love hooning around on them.