Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: The Ladies, apply within Thread.. aka the Gamer Thread

I visited my oldies recently and stumbled across my old N64, 2 controllers and a few games..
    Plucked it up and brought it back to Newy to use.. Mariokart still kicks so much ass (looks a bit... well... sh!t.. on a big tv, but still awesome fun whilst having some beers)

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    I visited my oldies recently and stumbled across my old N64, 2 controllers and a few games..
    Plucked it up and brought it back to Newy to use.. Mariokart still kicks so much ass (looks a bit... well... sh!t.. on a big tv, but still awesome fun whilst having some beers)
    Nice!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    If you wanna make it look nice, download an emulator on your laptop, download the rom for Mario Kart 64 (get the NTSC version trust me) and project the laptop to the tv.

If you have a wired xbox 360 or xbox one controller you can further map the buttons to the controller and use it instead of the keyboard.

Beerio kart. That is all.

Anyone on Xbox live with an Xbox one here?
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Anyone downloaded the Battlefield 1 Beta? What are your thoughts? I haven't, but was having a look at game at someone who has. There's a lot of hype over the game, that's for sure.

Overall I thought it seemed very good. Maybe the horse attacker v ground attacker was a bit too far weighted in the favour of the horse ride but these are what the testing is about. I look forward to the release!

Battlefield 1 anyone?
    Amigos Aarau

Quote Originally Posted by goaliepersempre View Post
    Battlefield 1 anyone?
    Enjoying it so far

Thinking about getting BF1, but not having played any battlefield games before I'm just concerned over my impression that gameplay may have more running around trying to find enemies rather than actual fighting - just the impression I have with very little evidence. Is this close to the mark at all?

Subnautica. Frikken awesome*.

* In the very few moments I have to play games.

Anyone into FIFA 17 FUT?

Out of curiosity, can somebody explain the differences between battlefield and Call of Duty?
    I really enjoyed the older call of duty and the gameplay of modern warfare 2 was probably my favourite. Now it is too futuristic and has turned into run and gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Anyone into FIFA 17 FUT?

Out of curiosity, can somebody explain the differences between battlefield and Call of Duty?
    I really enjoyed the older call of duty and the gameplay of modern warfare 2 was probably my favourite. Now it is too futuristic and has turned into run and gun.
    Pretty much interested in this too, I played a lot of cod 4 (MW1). Although I think from 4 and onwards it has always been a run and gun franchise lol.
    My limited understanding is that BF is slower paced, larger maps, larger team sizes, more objective focused and aiming at making each combat interaction more meaningful rather than continuously being in gunfights for the whole match. Pretty much educated guesses though, so a comparison from someone who's actually played it would be handy hah.

I've only played BF4 and now BF1. I've only played for the online multiplayer experience and I'm genuinely cannon fodder as it is.

The map sizes vary and I like the fact that the landscape can be destroyed in BF.

I can't really add any specific insight because I play infrequently and it's to switch off.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Anyone into FIFA 17 FUT?

Fifa is garbage Pes is where its at!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Thinking about getting BF1, but not having played any battlefield games before I'm just concerned over my impression that gameplay may have more running around trying to find enemies rather than actual fighting - just the impression I have with very little evidence. Is this close to the mark at all?
    it depends on the map and how you play... Im loving it, the destruction of the landscape in the maps is crazy... Beautiful village by the end its all just chaos... The different classes too. A bit of adjusting needed to weapons, but its still really good...(its really all about working as a squad together) (more enjoyable if playing with other people)

But as for trying to find enemies, there are plenty.. you dont go long before you get into a massive firefight... the odd ocasion say the map when in the desert, you sometimes have to run alot to get back to action if you havent got any spawn checkpoints etc.

But as per usual always hate on the snipers...
    Amigos Aarau

I decided to get Battlefield 1 instead of my annual COD game as the series has underwhelmed for a number of years and is seemingly going to end up being Halo, which doesn't really appeal to me. I enjoyed the realistic versions where it was actually ground battles and a little more strategic to capture good positions and control the battle. However this whole futuristic gameplay and running up walls and super Jumping and the like has made it a little bit ridiculous to me.

My first impressions (I've legit played 2-3 games on multiplayer) are that it's much more realistic than COD and there's definitely more of a strategic element to it. If you try and run and gun you are gonna be picked off.
    The maps I've played have been good. The whole weapons selection screen etc has me a bit baffled at the moment but I'm sure it'll come with time. Overall pretty glad I opted for BF opposed to giving COD yet another chance.

Nerdgasm..
    Super Nintendo Classic coming out soon.. 21 in built classic games..

https://www.gizmodo.com.au/2017/06/s...with-21-games/

edit: You can now pre-order it from EB Games..

https://ebgames.com.au/
    Last edited by Bon; 27-06-2017 at 09:52 AM.

Happy 10th birthday to one of my favourite game franchises.

Anyone else obsessed with PUBG??
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

People have been playing variations of these two games for 25 years. Unfortunately I don't think any of the new wave of these games comes even close to the wow factor of when we first played Wolfenstein in 1992 or Operation Flashpoint in 2001.