Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Michael Bridges for Jets next Coach?

Quote Originally Posted by seldom View Post
    what's this got to do with coaching and more importantly coaching successfully ?
    Come on Seldom.. You should know better than trying to push a derailed train back onto the tracks..

Banned
    I am with Q Man and Blackmac on this one.

Where is the basis of the logic that Bridges would make a good manager/coach??

Just because he played in the EPL doesn't mean he would cut it in the role of manager.

I for one dread to see how we would play under Bridges when we make one fantastic trick move out of 4 and then lose possession on the other 3.

As for him playing at present I with PV4. Bridges is a waste of an import/ waste of a squad place / only good for cameos and to come on for 5 mins to go and take the piss.

As for that dickhead who said he would sign Bridges over Lord Griffo.

FFS pal take some medication and then lie down and sleep it off. Dumbest shit I have ever heard

Would seem GVE the bloody idiot has a talent for wasting visa spots ie Tiago Ribs

Banned
    Tiago was signed under Bwankos watch.

Tiago isn't a GVE signing and from all reports GVE tried ever so hard to flog Tiago off pre season but failed to get rid of a contracted player and as a result we are stuck with him

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    As for that dickhead who said he would sign Bridges over Lord Griffo.

FFS pal take some medication and then lie down and sleep it off. Dumbest shit I have ever heard
    You should head over to the cricket thread then.

Dude is all kinds of crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by northern_swan View Post
    I'd sign Bridges over Joel Griffiths any day of the week
    sack both. griffo has been stripped of lordship and didnt score gf goal and ....

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Tiago was signed under Bwankos watch.

Tiago isn't a GVE signing and from all reports GVE tried ever so hard to flog Tiago off pre season but failed to get rid of a contracted player and as a result we are stuck with him

I am aware when Tiago was signed, my point was pubic head has made an art form of wasting visa players. Tiago is a better proposition than Mitchell could ever be yet got/ gets brushed even though Mitchell put in shockers time and time again. As for Ribs he was signed by the goose hence a waste of a spot if the egg can cite lazy trainer and so forth for non selection. I can recall all the brew ha when Ribs was signed and all the crap that came out off the eggs mouth about how he was answer. GVE's record with visa players is about as good as my luck with lotto numbers hence i am still working for a living.

thought i'd not continue in the wellington match thread, so am continuing my bridges rant here.

had a look at some stats for bridges this season. i looked at distribution-only, didn't take into account successful/unsuccessful dribbles.

Adelaide: 10 successful passes (no key passes), 2 unsuccessful
    Sydney: 3 successful passes (no key passes), 2 unsuccessful
    Victory: 1 successful passes (1 key pass), 0 unsuccessful
    Wellington: 2 successful passes (no key passes), 2 unsuccessful
    Mariners: 3 successful passes (1 key pass), 2 unsuccessful
    Adelaide: 8 successful passes (1 key pass), 5 unsuccessful
    Brisbane: 0 successful passes (no key passes), 1 unsuccessful

Total: 27 successful passes (3 key passes), 14 unsuccessful.

i really wouldn't say that's an "amazing" distribution record, regardless of how much time he was given. more than half his passes go to the opposition, and 1in9 of his successful passes, or 1in14 of his attempted passes, are considered a key pass.
    OK

What do you consider a good record for an attacking player? Surely an attacking player has a poorer pass completion record because they are trying riskier things in a tightly guarded area. How many "key" passes is expected of a player that only plays 5 minutes here or there.

I don't think your stats prove anything other than he's not as bad as you claim.

And by your stats, hasn't he made 41 passes (27 successful and 14 unsuccessful), so his pass completion is 66% ie. a third of his passes went to the opposition, not "more that half". Or do you include his unsuccessful passes in his successful tally?

Why don't you add how much time he spent on the field and how much time he wound down by the corner flag
    Last edited by hauss; 31-01-2013 at 11:32 AM.

Bridges is the best No.10 we have, and has the best feet and head in the squad. His relatively low pass completion is attributed to the fact that the poor bastard only gets 10 minutes here and there, so when he does get game time, he tries every risky/difficult pass in the book in an attempt to have a meanignful influence on the game, and earn himself a start. The bloke comes on, finds space in advanced positions and gets on the ball more than any other midfielder we have, yet he is constantly overlooked.

I agree that he does take the wrong option at times, however this is only because of the situation he finds himself in.

The crowd cheers when he comes on, not because they are idiots but because they want to see some excitment and creativity in the game, and they know Bridges generally provides. No other player apart from Virgili and Goodwin (and sparignly at that) provide as much entertainment as Bridges.

Personally I think the fact that you question Bridges pass completion stats, and then fap over Zadkovich every week, who is quite frankly one of the worst midfielders in the league with regards to pass completion, says it all in terms of how accurate your opinion is PV4!

You can't look into just bare statistics.

I've heard idiots say Heskey is a flop because he can't score outside the 6 yard box !

Look - I doubt Bridgey will score a gig next season, but he is available now and highly experienced, let his career run its course. He has contributed greatly to this club over the last few years, particularly during two great ownership crises.

Let it be....

Banned
    FFS Some people would think this bloke was a superstar of the League when he was fit.

Was a disappointment for Sydney Fc when he first come out here and had 1 half decent season with us. Not superstar status but a solid season with a few goals.Since then a pile of injuries and non selections and 15 minute cameos.

The only one being sold down the river is us. Wasting a foreigner spot on this bloke and paying him a wage to be a pro footballer. Name me one other club in the League that would PAY him to be on their books???

Jesic has made a positive contribution to our HAL side with form/goals since this bloke last made a positive impact for us.

petrovski > bridges

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    thought i'd not continue in the wellington match thread, so am continuing my bridges rant here.

had a look at some stats for bridges this season. i looked at distribution-only, didn't take into account successful/unsuccessful dribbles.

Adelaide: 10 successful passes (no key passes), 2 unsuccessful
    Sydney: 3 successful passes (no key passes), 2 unsuccessful
    Victory: 1 successful passes (1 key pass), 0 unsuccessful
    Wellington: 2 successful passes (no key passes), 2 unsuccessful
    Mariners: 3 successful passes (1 key pass), 2 unsuccessful
    Adelaide: 8 successful passes (1 key pass), 5 unsuccessful
    Brisbane: 0 successful passes (no key passes), 1 unsuccessful

Total: 27 successful passes (3 key passes), 14 unsuccessful.

i really wouldn't say that's an "amazing" distribution record, regardless of how much time he was given. more than half his passes go to the opposition, and 1in9 of his successful passes, or 1in14 of his attempted passes, are considered a key pass.
    does not compute
    we will loose

Coach needs to be the boss rather than one of the lads. I doubt the players see Bridges as anything other than a team mate.

He needs to maybe coach at a youth team or even W-League first to earn his stripes.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    He needs to maybe coach at a youth team or even W-League first to earn his stripes.
    Completely agree, I rate him as a player, but putting him straight in as a first team manager could only end badly.

Like most others, he would need to work his way up to it.

Geez, another thread ends up being a Bridgey thread. Sheesh.

Quote Originally Posted by FaroeMassive View Post
    The crowd cheers when he comes on, not because they are idiots but because they want to see some excitment and creativity in the game, and they know Bridges generally provides. No other player apart from Virgili and Goodwin (and sparignly at that) provide as much entertainment as Bridges.
    Cheers are for being a top bloke. If you want excitment stick with goody, he's tha best, hesk and virg also up there. Zads has a huge workrate

Quote Originally Posted by My2BobsWorth View Post
    Geez, another thread ends up being a Bridgey thread. Sheesh.
    Did you read the title before posting?

Yeah, I was just being an idiot.