Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: HAL 12/13 Rd 16 - Newcastle Jets v Brisbane Roar - 12/1/13 k/off 7.40pm AEDST

Quote Originally Posted by NewcastleForLife View Post
    Tiago and Ribs gone, Bridges, Ritter and Heskey will stay, surely
    Think Bridges will retire and Ritter will leave

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Think Bridges will retire and Ritter will leave
    I think Bridges should retire, and didn't we sign Ritter on a 2 year contract?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I am starting to question why we have overseas players in our team. We rarely seem to recruit any that are good, and if they seem to be, they appear to have a fall out or don't play like we think and don't get played as a result.

I see maybe 1 international getting retained next year, and that's if the bloke decides he want's to stay with us!
    Agree...we have a laughable scouting system
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

I think Bridges should retire, and didn't we sign Ritter on a 2 year contract?
    Was a 1 year contract according to teh most trusted source in Newcastle

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/20...ssible-return/

Quote Originally Posted by seldom View Post
    Agree...we have a laughable scouting system
    We have a scouting system....... must be like GVE's high Tempo pressing & passing system....

lol wasn't our scouting system just sending lowey over to mehico to drink some mojitoes?

and apart from that, it's just gve on youtube, as well as ljubo sending recomendations over (tiago, ritter)?
    OK

One of the unofficial jets fb pages is saying Andrew Hoole will be making his debut at rightback tomorrow. Anyone else heard this news? Gotta be youngest backline ever, deadset youth team backline!

Hoole----Chapman---Reagan----Gallo

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lil_masi View Post
    One of the unofficial jets fb pages is saying Andrew Hoole will be making his debut at rightback tomorrow. Anyone else heard this news? Gotta be youngest backline ever, deadset youth team backline!

Hoole----Chapman---Reagan----Gallo
    How ****ing good will it be to see a young Novacastrian get a chance to play for his hometown club???

FORZA GVE
    FORZA NEWY

Some ****s are moaning at the path we are going down.

**** that I am happy as a pig and shit with the direction we are taking.

Fill the team up with kids and in 18 months watch us prosper!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    How ****ing good will it be to see a young Novacastrian get a chance to play for his hometown club???

FORZA GVE
    FORZA NEWY

I'm not knocking his selection individually, im saying you need some experience in defence and we definately dont have any.

Banned
    I'm not knocking his selection individually, im saying you need some experience in defence and we definately dont have any.
    When the options are Tiago and Josh ****ing Mitchell i think we throw the rookies in there. They can't be any worse than that clown mitchell

When the options are Tiago and Josh ****ing Mitchell i think we throw the rookies in there. They can't be any worse than that clown mitchell
    Mitchell is the worst defender in our squad. cant believe GVE signed him for 2 years!

FORZA GVE
    FORZA NEWY

Who's to say the kids will still want to be here trying to please an egomaniac.

Always been a fan of "If they're good enough, they're old enough" Plus, as others have said, if Tiago and Mitchell are the other options I'd rather Regan and Chapman partnered in the centre. If gary wants to get rid of Regan (which I don't want, but it seems like the thing gary wants) then hopefully he puts Ritter in the middle with Chapman.

I'm thinking of having a hiatus from the jets for 2 years then come back when the kids are grown up and gve has retired due to high blood pressure caused by shit visa recruits, but then I wouldn't be a true supporter so i suppose I'll keep suffering.
    On our visa player problems maybe we could just confine ourselves to well known players and players that have experience with other teams in the a league, players like gui finkler and a like.

STILL DON'T UNDERSTAND...1st clean sheet of the year and we wanna change our backline again. Sick of every game our defenders having to introduce themselves to each other.
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

Fill the team up with kids and in 18 months watch them dissappear to "bigger" clubs who'll continue to prosper?

gve has made some good acquisitions but he 'cooked the engine' with his youth policy. At least an average seasoned veteran (topor) can hold a position unlike a dodgy youth player.

Saw both of them on Darby st this week with their families (or maybe just Tiago family...) both having what looked like a downbeat convo in Portugese :-/
    When does Portuguese ever sound upbeat?

i fondly remember getting excited on football days. now i sit in fear of the dross GVE will dish up.

am hoping that victory can make my day by smacking the gypos.

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    i fondly remember getting excited on football days. now i sit in fear of the dross GVE will dish up.

am hoping that victory can make my day by smacking the gypos.
    I reckon there has always been a number of people who shared your thoughts belchardo and have no doubt as GVE has put his stamp on the club for the second time around those numbers have swelled.