Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Andrew Hoole depreciation thread

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Lately he has defended soo much better but still too lazy when tracking back. On monday night a couple of times players were close enough to press or go in and challenge and he was jogging or walking
    Hey mate! Just watched Hooley lose the ball and work his backside off to try get it back. And when he didn't he got back and covered for a teammate who had gotten drawn out. Just in case you didn't see. Beause we generally seem to be watching different games

Bloke must read this.. Has chased back so much tonight

Yeah this whole Hoole doesn't track back argument looks pretty ****ing retarded right now.

He was terrible tonight - threw his dummy and rattle out the pram several times while failing to track back.
    If he wants to earn the big bucks or go overseas he can't have poor games like this otherwise he will at best be warming benches.

Thats what ive been saying all along

I'm still a fan. But saw him storming up the tunnel without shaking anyone's hand at the end of the game. That's pretty ****ing retarded

Quote Originally Posted by Wilso8948 View Post
    I'm still a fan. But saw him storming up the tunnel without shaking anyone's hand at the end of the game. That's pretty ****ing retarded
    To be fair - he's not the first cranky player or coach to do that.

Idk, I have mixed feelings about him.
    At the start of the season, he was only interested in attack. Give him the ball and he'll run it, lose it and give up. That infuriated me the most. Second, was his inability to hit a free kick but persistence in taking every single one.
    Now, he has been having a go when he loses it. A lot more frequently anyway. Still not each time, but a lot more. So good on him for that. Everyone loses the ball and makes a mistake, don't compound that error.
    His free kicks are still below par.
    You can't argue with the number of goals he has in our squad. That's a positive. The negative is how many he could have. If he can hone his finishing and not sh*t himself when he is in a good position and 99% certain to score, he could have a lot more and there'd be a lot more people on his side.
    He's performing as one of our better players. His game could improve a lot though, which says a lot for his ability and potential I guess. Consistency is key.

No consistency!! Plain and simple

I'm all for re-signing Hoole, but I don't see us needing to pay overs. He's still very much a work in progress and after his failed stint @ SFC, I don't see too many clubs clamouring to sign him on big dollars.

Might be keen to sign that Jets contract after tonight's performance if it's still available. Can't be too many others on the table.

Hopefully its not available

Quote Originally Posted by halo se7en View Post
    Might be keen to sign that Jets contract after tonight's performance if it's still available. Can't be too many others on the table.
    I don't know. Maybe clubs out there are scrambling for a guy that makes a nice first move and beats a defender, before immediately giving it away 8-10 times a game.

Hoole looked like his head was already overseas which i suspected would happen. Also does he have any other move the cut infield and run on the angle straight into defenders?
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Hoole looked like his head was already overseas which i suspected would happen. Also does he have any other move the cut infield and run on the angle straight into defenders?
    Based on his performance tonight he won't be playing overseas next season.

He be back in the HAL within 12 months anyway.

He not going to iron out his faults that quick enough to play OS

Just hope to god we don't sign him again

Couldn't beat his man yesterday.

If he keeps playing like yesterday, can we change title to the Andrew Hoole depreciation thread as his value to European clubs declines?

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    If he keeps playing like yesterday, can we change title to the Andrew Hoole depreciation thread as his value to European clubs declines?

Which European based club in their right mind would pay for Hoole?
    We were the only dumb****s dumb enough to take him on after Arnie got to experience first hand that the lad is "uncoachable" and duly showed him the door.
    Hopefully he does get to go and play overseas, but from what he has shown that overseas is as far as the Phoenix or Hobart if they get their act together!

Interesting how Ugarkovic and Jackson both have camps confident clubs will pay if they are good enough.

We saw yesterday Hoole has made a big mistake - it will take alot of work now for him to succeed as a footballer. And that might involve getting a new agent.

His number being raised last night brought audible cheers not heard since the days of James Brown.