Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Andrew Hoole depreciation thread

Quote Originally Posted by Buddha View Post
    Still wont forget the bomb he hit against us at the Terrace for you guys, if it wasn't so cold I would of flogged off there and then, unbelievable
    Hahahaha.. Yeah he scored a few crackers that year.. Great times..

Quote Originally Posted by NewcastleForLife View Post
    His... throw-ins? Try the whole ****ing teams. Absolutely horrible, huge bugbear of my mates and mine, we're completely shit at throw-ins.
    I've been saying for at least 2 weeks Gallaway appears to have a problem with his throw in action. I am suprised he hasn't been caught for a foul throw yet! Go back and have a look

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I've been saying for at least 2 weeks Gallaway appears to have a problem with his throw in action. I am suprised he hasn't been caught for a foul throw yet! Go back and have a look
    Throw ins I thought werent to bad, with ritter on them.

Hoole definately didnt have the worst debut's for the club. What I liked early in the first half was when we got dragged out of position with brisbane in a good attacking position but then didnt just give up like some players...... continued to work caught up with play put pressure on and ultimately the team won the ball from memory.
    Amigos Aarau

Yeah to clarify I thought the problem was his team mates inability to get open to receive his throw ins. Virgilli was always on the other side of his man, which meant Hoole had to throw long.
    Reegz and Chapman weren't offering much of an option either.

It wasn't working too well.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Yeah to clarify I thought the problem was his team mates inability to get open to receive his throw ins. Virgilli was always on the other side of his man, which meant Hoole had to throw long.
    Reegz and Chapman weren't offering much of an option either.

It wasn't working too well.

not just these players but it seemed the case we only ever had 1 option for the throw, this relates to all our play. I remember always being taught to strive to have always atleast 3 options with the ball.
    Amigos Aarau

me too. foul throw every time he does one. feet never stay on the ground.

who gives to flying fu$ks if the the kid can or cant throw the ball. he can definetly play FOOTball thats all that matters.

+1 for hooley to be appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by cobra23 View Post
    who gives to flying fu$ks if the the kid can or cant throw the ball. he can definetly play FOOTball thats all that matters.
    Last time I checked, the throw in was a part of playing football. In his position he is going to be exposed to this part mof the game regularly

Why turn possession over for a fundamental basic of the game where we should be expected to retain it?
    Last edited by Jeterpool; 15-01-2013 at 02:03 PM.

Last time I checked, the throw in was a part of playing football. In his position he is going to be exposed to this part mof the game regularly

Why turn possession over for a fundamental basic of the game where we should be expected to retain it?
    Missing the POINT

Hey Hooley, great game mate. Do you like one direction?

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    Hey Hooley, great game mate. Do you like one direction?
    I do,
    But prefer Justin Bieber

Quote Originally Posted by cobra23 View Post
    I do,
    But prefer Justin Bieber
    phew, thats ok then

Hooley has signed 1 year contract today. Don't know why we didn't lock him in for 2 years?

Quote Originally Posted by stopper2 View Post
    Hooley has signed 1 year contract today. Don't know why we didn't lock him in for 2 years?
    Won't have a team in two years, saving a payout of contract, which they won't be able to afford
    Jaliens gives me the horn

Presser

JETS SIGN ANDREW HOOLE
    Wednesday January 16

The Hunter Ports Newcastle Jets is pleased to announce the signing of local product Andrew Hoole to a one-year deal.

Hoole has been rewarded with his first professional contract after making his A-League debut for the Jets in last Saturday’s 1-0 win over Brisbane Roar at Hunter Stadium.

“I am really excited to be signing an A-League contract with my hometown Club,” Hoole said.

“It has been a big week making my debut for the Jets and signing my first professional contract, but I also know there is still a lot of hard work ahead of me.

“I’m looking forward to working under Gary (van Egmond) more closely and being a part of the future success of the Newcastle Jets.”

The 19-year-old right fullback came through the ranks of NBN State League club Broadmeadow Magic before being selected for the Jets’ National Youth League (NYL) team for the 2011/12 season.

After receiving the Jets’ NYL Player of the Year award for his efforts in Australia’s premier youth competition, Hoole backed up those performances as he helped the Jets youth team to third place in the 2012 NBN State League competition.

“It’s great that we can give an opportunity to a local Newcastle player,” Jets CEO Robbie Middleby said.

“Andrew greatly benefitted from playing in the local NBN State League with the Jets last season and Broadmeadow Magic prior to that.

“He’s a fantastic young talent with a bright future and we’re glad to secure him at the Jets.”

The addition of Hoole to the Jets’ senior ranks follows the re-signing of fellow Newcastle products James Virigil and Ben Kennedy in November.

ENDS

Still think that Hoole's greatest assets are his attacking qualities. He came to the Jets youth as an attacking midfielder 18 or so months back from Magic where he played mainly as a # 10 from what I've heard. For whatever reason he was converted to a RB. Halpin was the last truly talented AM to come from this region (well over a decade ago) so why wouldn't the Jets encourage one of their own in that all-important role? Couple of times I thought Hoole showed last night that he has the qualities for opening up the opposition....something which we have lacked for lost of the season.
    I know where Ange or Arnold would be playing him or at least developing him if he was in their ranks.

Sell Goodwin, sell Hoole. We need these boys under a real coach- for the good of our future Australian teams!

How good was that touch and pass in the first half that played in R Griff (I think)? Received the ball just outside the 18 with his back to goal, first touch allows him to turn and straight away he spots the run of R Griff, threading it through 2 Sydney players brilliantly.

Gives some weight to the whole argument that he should be moved to attack, but it isn't even an option in Gary's books so there's no much point in running with that. fwiw I think he's doing a great job at right & left back as it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDyl
    You're funnier on the internet than you are in person.
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    the NF law...the longer the thread stays open, the probablity that the thread becomes about joel griffiths approaches 1

Hoole was a gun last night.

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    Hoole was a gun last night.
    I have seen this kid come through the ranks and kill it playing in an attacking midfield role for Magic. He could develope into another Billy Celesky for the Jets but no, where do these ****wits play him? Right and Left fullback. Can't they see what everyone else can see?