Page 55 of 138 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 2755

Thread: Daily Australian News Thread 2013

Banned
    FOOTBALL chiefs have ramped up the pressure on the state government to redevelop Parramatta Stadium and expand its capacity on the back of huge demand for grand-final tickets.

Predicting that the grand final appearance at Allianz Stadium would drive Western Sydney's crowd next year beyond this season's 12,500 average, Football Federation chief executive David Gallop called for the government to commit immediate funding towards an upgrade.

Western Sydney chairman Lyall Gorman predicted that his club would outgrow the current capacity "within three years" without a commitment to expand the stadium and improve its corporate facilities.

Three games at Parramatta sold out this season, and tickets for the grand final against the Mariners sold out in 48 hours.

"We have already made a strong case for an upgrade at Parramatta Stadium, based on the phenomenal success of the Wanderers in year one which has seen three sold out matches," said Gallop.

"That's purely and simply demand exceeding the number of seats. The fact is Wanderers have averaged over 12,500 at a stadium with about 19,500 capacity.

"The grand final appearance will only add to the momentum for next season.

"In 2014, the Wanderers will enter the Asian Champions League and there are minor modifications needed at Parramatta to meet the competition requirements, so that could start some longer-term planning.

"The NSW Government through the Premier Barry O'Farrell and the Sports Minister Graham Annesley have done the right thing in making Parramatta Stadium a true home for the Wanderers, but the time is fast approaching when the western Sydney community will look to government for a commitment."

Gorman said he had already been banging the drum of expansion to a variety of community leaders.

"We've made an absolute, unequivocal commitment that our playing home will be in Parramatta, but clearly that can only be the case if the infrastructure allows it," Gorman said.

"I have no doubt we'll outgrow the stadium in the next three years, and we need commitment to a model with a minimum capacity of 35,000, enhanced corporate facilities and better parking.

"I raised it with the NSW Treasurer, Mike Baird, last week and we've spoken with the local members, the mayor, the Western Sydney Business Chamber.

"So far it's been a very collaborative discussion but at this stage there's no hint of the commitment we need."
    Can someone explain why it took 8 ****ing years to get a team in Western Sydney yet we put a team in Nth Qld Gold Coast before there???

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Can someone explain why it took 8 ****ing years to get a team in Western Sydney yet we put a team in Nth Qld Gold Coast before there???
    Wish i could point you to the song 'Money, money, Moneeey".....but we all saw how NQ turned out.....

Crawford reports 5 year exclusivity recommendation in Sydney & Melbourne, which were both still active when the FFA looked to initially expand the league.

Quote Originally Posted by seldom View Post
    Camp's on the scum coast ffs...Newy players to be worse for the experience
    Not really possible when you think about it.

Even our young guys are crocks.....

Jets midfielder Mitch Cooper has successfully undergone knee surgery after sustaining an injury during the last training session of the season.

During surgery doctors agreed he required a full anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) reconstruction.

The promising Young Socceroo is expected to return to rehab training in a few months and be available for next season's A-League competition.

Mitch came to fame when previously playing for Gold Coast United and was appointed the youngest ever A-League captain on his debut game.

Jets CEO Robbie Middleby said "Mitch is an exciting young player and it is disappointing he will have a late start to next season but we are confident he will have a full recovery and be an important contributor to our 2013/14 campaign."

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    big call to say that wsw will be packing out a 30k + stadium every week in years to come. all it takes is one shit season and they could be back to your 8-10k average.
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

That will be interesting to see. When the inevitable bad season comes, will the supporters still be out in force. I have a feeling their crowds won't drop as many as most clubs would.

Liked wat I saw from cooper later in the season, would like to see him at least on the bench next season, gives a lot coming on with 20 or so to go

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Even our young guys are crocks.....
    Sad to here that. Hopefully the surgery wasn't done by the bloke who done Culina and Kanta otherwise Mitchy will not be back to his best for us until at least 2023.

Obviously won't be running around in the NBN League this year and probably won't be back until at least a few weeks into the HAL at best

We really have some quality youth players e.g. coops, hoole, taggart but despite his passion for youth GVE is simply NOT the coach who gets the best out of players like these due to his terrible man management skills, it is so sad to see as these boys have much promise in them.

I hope to god GVE proves us all wrong and these boys develop into great Australian players.

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    big call to say that wsw will be packing out a 30k + stadium every week in years to come. all it takes is one shit season and they could be back to your 8-10k average.
    Struggled to to get more than 10k to games consistently this season. How many home games would they have actually pulled larger crowds than capacity? Derbies + the finals games maybe? The rest the stadium was half-full at best.

If they go to shit I don't expect their crowds to drop to Wellington/Heart/CCM levels, but their core crowd for the time being seems to be about the same as ours.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDyl
    You're funnier on the internet than you are in person.
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    the NF law...the longer the thread stays open, the probablity that the thread becomes about joel griffiths approaches 1

Sad to here that. Hopefully the surgery wasn't done by the bloke who done Culina and Kanta otherwise Mitchy will not be back to his best for us until at least 2023.

Obviously won't be running around in the NBN League this year and probably won't be back until at least a few weeks into the HAL at best
    Depending on the method they chose to go with but at best 9 months i reckon. Could not imagine them gone LARS at his age although it does offer a much quicker recovery time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyjet View Post
    Liked wat I saw from cooper later in the season, would like to see him at least on the bench next season, gives a lot coming on with 20 or so to go
    Agreed we seem to have plenty of players capable of comin on with 20 to go....Problem is what to do for the 1st 70
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

Quote Originally Posted by seldom View Post
    Agreed we seem to have plenty of players capable of comin on with 20 to go....Problem is what to do for the 1st 70
    Too true bud

Banned
    Reigning National Youth League Golden Boot winner Kale Bradbery says he hopes to carry his hot run of form with the Newcastle Jets youth team into the 2013 NBN State League season.

Bradbery netted 16 goals during the Jets’ most successful NYL campaign ever to finish the season as the competition’s top scorer.

Despite missing the opening rounds of the current NBN State League season with a knee injury, Bradbery said he is determined to earn another Golden Boot award and defend the title he won in 2012.

“It was my target at the start of the year to get the Golden Boot in the National Youth League and just be consistent enough to get a run in the A-League.

“Obviously that didn’t happen, but it will definitely be my goal during the NBN State League season to work as hard as I can and try to earn myself a contract for next season.

“Last NBN State League season I managed to get the Golden Boot in my first season in first grade and it’s always my goal to do that.

“Scoring goals is definitely where your confidence comes from.

“When you’re hitting the back of the net on a regular basis the rest of your game flows with it and it’s great when you’re doing that.”

Bradbery has clearly benefitted from having the opportunity to train regularly with the Jets’ first team and learn from former English Premier League strikers Michael Bridges and Emile Heskey.

“It’s massive having them here,” Bradbery said.

“Obviously they’ve played in the biggest league overseas and probably the best league in the world.

“It’s great having those experienced blokes here to guide me along and teach me new things.

“Bridgey has taken me aside a few times and told me the areas of my game that I need to work on. If I’ve done something wrong he’s helped me to correct it.

“It’s massive for me having those guys around especially for me as a young striker to learn off them.”

Bradbery is hoping to follow the path tread by his teammate and close friend Andrew Hoole, who graduated from the Jets youth team to make his A-League debut and earn a contract with the Club this season.

“Hooley’s a great player and I always played with him growing up,” Bradbery said.

“It gives me great inspiration to try and follow in his footsteps and hopefully get a contract either next year or in the years coming.”

The Jets youth team have started the 2013 NBN State League season with a draw and a loss, but Bradbery is confident they can quickly turn their form around.

“The boys have had kind of a tough start to the season, but you could see that happening with us having a month off after the National Youth League,” he said.

“We’re sort of just getting back into it and I’m sure we’ll get better as the season goes on.

“Hopefully we can finish in the top two teams and that will help us develop heading into the National Youth League next season.”
    The great man speaks
    http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/...video_m=306435
    How the **** did I miss this???

Banned

They were the premiers...
    FFS... who cares about a three round knock out tournament at the end of the proper season that you win a toilet seat for??

Hardly a choke tbf.