Page 134 of 138 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134135136 ... LastLast
Results 2,661 to 2,680 of 2755

Thread: Daily Australian News Thread 2013

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/19...f-time/?cs=306 Good to see the Herald doing this.

A little off the subject but I'm guessing that they are all mariners supporters

http://mobile.news.com.au/lifestyle/...-1226780575248

A little off the subject, but they think this is bad. I'd like to see the Marinators all DNA tested, then we'd see some real travesties

http://mobile.news.com.au/lifestyle/...-1226780575248

http://sportsbusinessinsider.com.au/...ter-followers/

Are the Newcastle Jets fudging their Twitter figures? Writing in the latest edition of Inside Sport, Ramy Haidar notes that the Jets’ grew their Twitter following from 3,900 to 30,577 in the space of one year, with 8,303 followers jumping on in just one day.

Quote Originally Posted by crook View Post
    Newcastle Jets - 31,475
    Newcastle Knights - 16,500

Melbourne Victory - 24,000
    Sydney FC - 30,700
    Central Coast - 8,865
    Western Sydney - 14,000
    Adelaide - 10,000
    Perth - 10,500
    Brisbane - 13,800
    Wellington - 9,887
    Melbourne Heart - 13,700

So we apparently have the most followers in the A-League, and twice as many as the Knights. Doesn't sound right.

Collingwood - 53,200
    Hawthorn - 37,800

South Sydney - 33,600
    Brisbane Broncos - 35,700

Barca - 10,100,000
    I noticed this a while ago and thought it was strange.

Quote Originally Posted by crook View Post
    I noticed this a while ago and thought it was strange.
    I'm not to surprise that we would have more than the knougts. What I'am surprised at is there is 16,000 league supporters in Newcastle that can use the Internet
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    with 8,303 followers jumping on in just one day.
    Wouldn't happen to be the same day we signed Heskey would it??
    I'M GULLIBLE!

I looked it up and its only 18 000

Banned
    THE Jets will seek more strike power in the front third in the transfer window, following the season-ending injury to Scott Neville.

The right back ruptured the anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee in the 26th minute on Sunday’s 2-1 win over Melbourne Victory at AAMI Park and will undergo reconstructive surgery.

That has opened the door for a injury waiver replacement, but Jets coach Gary van Egmond is not eyeing off defensive cover.

‘‘We have Jacob Pepper who can play there obviously and do the job,’’ van Egmond said.

‘‘Sam Gallaway is predominantly right-footed, so he’s another one. Joshy Brillante, there’s moving him out from the midfield, but I’m a little cautious about that.

‘‘Ruben [Zadkovich] can play there, so we have a few options for a fullback.

‘‘I think we still need to ensure that we have enough depth in that front third to ensure we have opportunities to be scoring goals.

‘‘That for me is where we’d look, rather than the defensive side of things.’’

Meanwhile, van Egmond has encouraged his team to show the rest of the A-League they are a ‘‘serious football team’’ by beating last season’s minor premiers, West Sydney Wanderers, at Hunter Stadium tomorrow night.

The Jets are third on 15 points and will leapfrog the Wanderers (16) into second place with a victory.

It would complete a dramatic turnaround for the Jets, who failed to score a goal until round four and had their first victory in round five.

Three wins against strugglers Adelaide (2-1), a weakened Brisbane (2-1) and win-less Melbourne Heart (3-1) propelled the Jets up the ladder.

But it was last Sunday’s win over the a heavyweight Victory side that has grabbed the league’s attention.

‘‘We’re at home and if you want to be a serious football team this year we need to win this weekend and you need to beat a team like the Wanderers to show you’re fair dinkum,’’ van Egmond said.

‘‘I think it’s going to be a very tight game, both sides don’t like to give too much away.
    See your ad here

‘‘Both teams are pretty mobile and work hard.’’

Van Egmond is likely to field a similar side to last Sunday, with the only change Pepper to start right back for Neville.
    Sign this bloke

Attached Images Attached Images

Song

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    Song
    This

More strike power?

Make it happen Middleby.

This bloke

http://m.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/shi...211-2z6g6.html

Sticca said Takahara, despite being one of Asia's most famous players, would not seek marquee status. ''Put it this way, whoever is interested in him would be able to get him easily inside the cap,'' he said. ''It's pretty rare to have a player of this quality who could be gained for what he's asking.''
    I'M GULLIBLE!

would be a good signing but knowing us
    no chance

Actually nicely surprised the herald ran this story kudos for them telling it from our perspective.

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/19...-video/?cs=303
    There is a poll with this story asking if Soccer fans behavior is worst than Rugby League fans. Go a vote every one its not hard
    I'M GULLIBLE!

herald comments, ffs

the idiots out in force i see, as the police can never possibly do anything wrong

i love the comment that the officers would be nervous - gee whiz, these are heavily armed, fully trained professionals and they're nervous going up against some teenage nerds in jet shaped hats. i fear for the safety of the general population.

deadset shambles, what happened to the regular liaison cops that run bay 2 normally?

Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    herald comments, ffs
    Yeah thats what I am more concered about, the majority of idiots commenting..

ffs everyone vote old mate Reality Check's comment to the top where he cites Crusty Demons and other codes as being more violent.

Rofl at some of the completely unfounded comments on there, people that clearly did not witness anything that happened but know exactly what went down. Not worth the time of day.

Eddy Bosnar has been signed by an A-league side source - SST

Banned
    Can someone explain to me why the scuffle in Bay 2 on Saturday night is all over the news???

Why are people bringing a nothing event to light to be news??

What in ducks name are they hoping to achieve bagging the local police in the paper??