Page 17 of 138 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767117 ... LastLast

Thread: Daily Australian News Thread 2013

or you could use it as a good opportunity to express your grievances and let them know what they're getting right.

just sayin'

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    FAO Plague

Now that Jobe is gone. Bridges is on his way (End of Season) New whipping boy will be this bloke

Thought I would post a photo to remind people what he ****ing looks like.

Hurry up you injury prone bastard and get back on the park so I can start tearing in
    Moises Henriques in a jets shirt?

Ruben Zadkovich to sign new deal with A-League side Newcastle Jets
    Barry Toohey
    The Daily Telegraph
    February 04, 2013 12:00AM

Alessandro Del Piero of Sydney contests the ball with Ruben Zadkovich of the Jets. (Photo by Tony Feder/Getty Images) Source: Getty Images

NEWCASTLE Jets have moved to put a tumultuous week behind the club by re-signing in-demand midfielder Ruben Zadkovich to a new two-year deal.

The Daily Telegraph has been told the Jets will formally announce his re-signing Monday with Zadkovich to also be handed the long-term captaincy following the shock departure of former skipper Jobe Wheelhouse last week.

Wheelhouse stunned teammates on Thursday by quitting immediately after being told it was unlikely he would be offered a new contract by the Jets at the end of the season.

Zadkovich has been one of the A-League's form players over the past two months and it's understood he knocked back a number of offers from rival clubs and ignored interest from abroad to stick with the Jets.

Jets CEO Robbie Middleby refused to confirm or deny an agreement with Zadkovich had been reached but has maintained for the past few weeks he was confident the midfielder would stay.

Zadkovich's announcement will come as a boost to the Jets ahead of next weekend's clash with Western Sydney after they were fortunate to get out of Saturday night's showdown against Sydney FC with a 2-2 draw.

The draw left Sydney still languishing outside the top six.

An 89th-minute penalty from Ryan Griffiths, his second spot kick of the game, denied the Sky Blues a deserved victory after they had dominated the second half despite having a host of stars including Brett Emerton, Jason Culina and Joel Griffiths missing.

Alessandro Del Piero was again dominant for the Sky Blues, scoring his side's opening goal, his 10th of the season, while youngster Blake Powell found the back of the net from a tap-in in the second half to put his side up 2-1.

Jets coach Gary van Egmond admitted his side would need to find plenty of improvement if they are to match it with Western Sydney.

"It won't matter who we play next week, we have to improve," he said. "The character of the team is fantastic as you can see but performance-wise, we have to get better and there's no better opportunity than to go down to Western Sydney with their away game at Campbelltown."
    Just hope they didn't go all Topor on his contract, a balanced approach to our salary cap is needed, after all apparently with all egg's untested kids we are already having cap issues.

I find it difficult to believe we have cap issues when other teams have far more high profile players and we have so much youth

i was under the impression we had heaps of cap space, as gve was so brilliant in his negotiations that he got all his untested kids on cheap wages?

would have thought the likes of brillante & taggart combined wouldn't even equate to topor's wages tbh
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    I find it difficult to believe we have cap issues when other teams have far more high profile players and we have so much youth
    "We have to work within the salary cap" has always been the Jets' favourite sound bite, no matter who owns them, who manages them, or who coaches them. Drives me f*cking mad. You would think we were the only club in the league affected by the cap, honestly...

Signed a 2 year extension, just reported.

REBORN defender Nikolai Topor-Stanley said on Wednesday that his decision to leave Newcastle for Western Sydney Wanderers had allowed him to realise his potential as a footballer.NH
    Dont need to put the rest. It was written by an embecile that hates writing anything positive about jets and helps to hold back sales of the paper through incompetence. nuff said.

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    Dont need to put the rest. It was written by an embecile that hates writing anything positive about jets and helps to hold back sales of the paper through incompetence. nuff said.
    http://www.theherald.com.au/story/12...-a-fix/?cs=308
    Wait til ya have a read of this!! Honestly does this c**t get payed to write the shit?

keep your shirt on muscles, it's a light humour opinion piece in the weekend section of a regional paper, not the new york times

obviously wrote this on tuesday night...

I'm with namwob on this one Q, that article from Dillon shows how low he has finally gone. He based the first half of his piece on one very very vague quote from GVE. Bags out the Jets, bags out the a-league and then says he'd gladly be part of any rort. I'm well aware it's supposed to be light-hearted but I'm not seeing the humour, even a little bit. He's turned it from tongue in cheek to just a blatant assault not only on the Jets but Australian football in general.

Use the comment section to point that dillon is right, the a-league is ripe for the picking, close to asia, low wages etc etc...... AND then point out that as football has not been implicated in the recent crime comission's reports that all involved in the game, from FFA, Clubs, coaches, and players should all be congratulated.
    Last edited by GazFish35; 09-02-2013 at 03:41 PM.

More dribble from dildo...maybe match fixin can explain Arsenals lack of trophies
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

Nix have signed Corey Gameiro on loan till seasons end. For those that have no idea who that is, he is the guy who scored ALL of our goals at the U19 AFC championship.

http://m.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/a...ectid=10864380

We should sign the bloke who scored all the olyroos goals in Olympic qualifying.

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    Zing!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    Zing!!!!
    Never herd of him

Quote Originally Posted by namwob99 View Post
    http://www.theherald.com.au/story/12...-a-fix/?cs=308
    Wait til ya have a read of this!! Honestly does this c**t get payed to write the shit?
    "If I was a match-fixer, I would have targeted the A-League as the perfect vehicle for my evil get-rich-quick scheme."

If I was a sniper, I would target fat slow pricks like RD as a perfect dope correction tool to get my eye in....and do the world a favour at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Retro Jet View Post

If I was a sniper, I would target fat slow pricks like RD as a perfect dope correction tool to get my eye in....and do the world a favour at the same time.
    bravo and well deserved target