Page 39 of 138 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast

Thread: Daily Australian News Thread 2013

Suddenly everyone thinks they're Shakespeare

Luca$h is out with injury. Bet no one saw that coming...
    McFlynn resigned, Necevski resigned, Triantis resigned.

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/news/...another-season

Sydney FC's announcement it has re-signed three players was dampened by news Lucas Neill will miss this week's clash against Mariners with a minor calf tear.
    Neill set for home debutPopovic expects even better next seasonBurns back in time for Perth pushPressure on ahead of Neill's home debut
    Neill, who turns 35 on Saturday, has played two matches for the Sky Blues since signing a short-term deal for the club in February.

The Australia captain's absence for the crucial match overshadowed the news the club has re-signed Terry McFlynn on a one-year contract extension, plus exciting youngster Peter Triantis and goalkeeper Ivan Necevski as coach Frank Farina looks to build his squad for the 2013-2014 season.

The re-signing of McFlynn will see the 31-year-old remain with Sydney FC for a ninth season as he edges towards becoming the first player to play 200 competitive matches for the club.

"I'm excited to be staying at Sydney FC for next season," McFlynn said.

"I have always said that I will be at this football club as long as I'm wanted and I'm looking forward to continuing to give everything for Sydney FC.

"Nine years ago Sydney FC gave me a chance in Australia and I love this club. I'm happy my future is settled for next season so I can concentrate on the next four matches as we try to qualify for the finals."

While McFlynn continues Sydney FC's ties to its foundation squad, the elevation of Triantis to the A-League squad is just reward for the 21-year-old, who has played 10 A-League matches after starting the season as a member of the National Youth League squad.

Triantis has signed a two-year contract with Sydney FC through to the end of the 2014-2015 season and becomes the 15th player to sign an A-League contract for the Sky Blues from the youth team.

"This is a special day for me and my family," said Triantis, whose older brother Chris was the captain of the inaugural Sydney FC youth team.

"I've really enjoyed myself at the club this year and worked hard to get some game time in the A-League after starting the season in the youth team.

"Now I want to make sure I continue to learn and grow as a player and help Sydney FC move back to the top of the A-League."

Goalkeeper Necevski rounds out the triple signing after agreeing to a one-year extension to his Sydney FC career. The 33-year-old joined Sydney FC in 2007 and has played 42 A-League games.

"Sydney is my home city and I'm happy to be staying with Sydney FC for another season," Necevski said.

Sydney FC has now signed 16 players for the 2013-2014 season, as well as contracted NYL players Daniel Petkovski and Hagi Gligor, as Farina looks to fill up to seven remaining places on the roster

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Luca$h
    lol
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Luca$h is out with injury. Bet no one saw that coming...
    McFlynn resigned, Necevski resigned, Triantis resigned.
    Had me going then, that hyphen makes a load of difference

Banned
    MCFlynn FFS.

At least the circus at Smurfs will continue with him there

Article in the smh today about some changes the FFA are contemplating for next season. Couldn't be bothered linking because the smh website is now a steaming pile of dogshit, but the key points are:

- FFA looking at bringing in the goal-line assistants like in the Champions League. They looked at goal-line technology first but the costs are too high for the time being.
    - Retarded plastic seats for the coaches + subs will be no more. Fast-tracking the installation of covered dug-outs in stadia which don't already have them. Covered benches are a requirement for the 2015 Asian Cup.
    - The number of subs available is likely to increase to 5, 1 more than is currently allowed.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDyl
    You're funnier on the internet than you are in person.
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    the NF law...the longer the thread stays open, the probablity that the thread becomes about joel griffiths approaches 1

Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    - Retarded plastic seats for the coaches + subs will be no more. Fast-tracking the installation of covered dug-outs in stadia which don't already have them. Covered benches are a requirement for the 2015 Asian Cup.
    - The number of subs available is likely to increase to 5, 1 more than is currently allowed.
    Finally

Bunnings will be distraught at the loss of plastic chair sales

I will be distraught at no longer seeing Graham Arnold get rained on at the swamp

[QUOTE=militiamon;30842
    - The number of subs available is likely to increase to 5, 1 more than is currently allowed.[/QUOTE]

About bloody time this increases, the low sub option is ridiculous.

Ya, pretty silly how long it took for such small but necessary to occur.

Article said that the clubs originally wanted 7 (as is the international standard), but the FFA would wait and see how 5 goes.
    More subs = more opportunities for young players in my eyes. Gives coaches more flexibility in putting a youth teamer on the bench as a wildcard option.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDyl
    You're funnier on the internet than you are in person.
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    the NF law...the longer the thread stays open, the probablity that the thread becomes about joel griffiths approaches 1

good for being 3-0 up/down and just throwing the kid on anyway
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

Its always annoyed me just for the simple fact that coaches cannot prepare for multiple possibilities of how a much may turn out in terms of needing to throw on extra backs, mids or forward. Coaches have to just lucky dip a plan and hope the game goes as they think it will.

Quote Originally Posted by Imyourhero View Post
    Its always annoyed me just for the simple fact that coaches cannot prepare for multiple possibilities of how a much may turn out in terms of needing to throw on extra backs, mids or forward. Coaches have to just lucky dip a plan and hope the game goes as they think it will.
    This. It means instead of having your best 4 (or 6) other options on the bench, you put your 3 ok but versatile options to account for everything.

6 (inc keeper) would be the perfect bench size imo. 1 keeper, 1 defender, 1 midfielder, 1 striker who would be your first choices in their respective positions, and then 2 young guys who would be there for that 80th minute super-sub appearance, or that "we're cruising in this game, give the young guy a go".

a bigger bench also gives our crowd more chances to scream & clap for bridges too
    OK

Article said that the clubs originally wanted 7 .
    ghey. Will just mean more players are disappointed that they didnt get on the pitch and will hate coach and want a release.

- Retarded plastic seats for the coaches + subs will be no more.
    rip retarded chairs

less things for angry coaches to knock over when they have a tantrum. sad days.

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    ghey. Will just mean more players are disappointed that they didnt get on the pitch and will hate coach and want a release.
    Will mean less players are dissapointed that they didn't make the squad??

it should be 6 or so bench. that way, after the game the subs who barely got a run can be put through a training session.

if I were a contracted player id rather be warming up with the squad, being apart of the game atmosphere, and have a training afterwards as opposed to suiting up in the stands tbh
    OK

Toohey in the Tele reporting a blowup between Taggs and Mitchell at training, nasty tackle I think and frustration at being omitted for Perth game, nearly came to blows. Also Bridgey set to sign in dual role.
    Last edited by My2BobsWorth; 10-03-2013 at 05:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by My2BobsWorth View Post
    Toohey in the Tele reporting a blowup between Taggs and Mitchell at training, nasty tackle I think and frustration at being omitted for Perth game, nearly came to blows. Also Bridgey set to sign in dual role.
    Hopefully Mitchell went too far and gets chopped