Page 91 of 138 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,820 of 2755

Thread: Daily Australian News Thread 2013

Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post
    After speaking with Middleby several times recently about a lot of issues, I am less and less inclined to listen to anything on this forum.
    Interested to hear more if you can share it sammydog. It would provide some balance back to the discussion.

Fair play sir, I tried to word that post so many ways to remove the reference to the other Bridges, and without getting obscure I couldn't do it.
    After speaking with Middleby several times recently about a lot of issues, I am less and less inclined to listen to anything on this forum.
    If I didn't already know who you are I would of asked if that was you Robbie? End of the day results speak for themselves and since his arrival we have gone backwards. Sure the jets have laid down some great foundations at grassroots and youth level and those benefits will be reaped in years to come and will be their long after Middelby is gone. BUT!!! 1st team results should always be the priority it's no good producing good players if you can't transfer that into silverware (just look at west ham). We have been a long way of the top teams for a few years just scrapping into the top 6 won't cut it either of corse I will go every week and cry into my beer watching them play but as a supporter who pays his membership which in hand goes to pay players and administrators wages we have the right to demand results and if the results are not coming we have the right to demand change
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

You could equally argue the steady decline in results has coincided with Tinkler/HSG taking the reigns. Where is the hate and calls for the removal of the Tinkler/HSG/Palmer regime?

I still think on paper our squad is a lot better than the results. I believe GVE is to blame for this and would love to see him removed, but there is more than likely more going on behind the scenes than any of us here are privy to that prevents this from happening.

It was Palmer who came out an unequivocally threw his support behind GVE earlier this year. The problem comes from further up the tree than Middleby.

It was Palmer who came out an unequivocally threw his support behind GVE earlier this year. The problem comes from further up the tree than Middleby.
    I do agree with this.

You could equally argue the steady decline in results has coincided with Tinkler/HSG taking the reigns. Where is the hate and calls for the removal of the Tinkler/HSG/Palmer regime?
    Easy.
    Because:
    Without HSG we probably don't have a club.
    Without Middleby we probably have a better club.

Hail Tinks.
    Tibor OUT.
    Last edited by plague; 03-08-2013 at 12:03 PM.

Lets just agree HSG know they screwed up bringing GvE back and did not have the funds to show him the exit door early.

Wont disagree with that.

Thought you were smarter than that sammydog, you should have stopped listening to anything on here years before Middleby arrived.

Banned

That being said if Middleby is as smart an operator why are we not seeing this?? Part of his job is to convince us plebs we are on the right path by operating well or at least providing the illusion that all is well. I don't feel all is going well and feel overtly unhappy with the direction we are taking on the journey. This to me is an area where Middleby can improve out of sight.

Cut out the bullshit PR answers read off a script from somewhere and be honest with us and actually convince us the general rank and file plebs he is doing a good job and not leaving us with the impression he has NFI

'sif Middleby wouldn't have one of the cushiest jobs ever. People say that the players have it easy, I reckon being an administrator high up the food chain would be even easier.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDyl
    You're funnier on the internet than you are in person.
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    the NF law...the longer the thread stays open, the probablity that the thread becomes about joel griffiths approaches 1

Richard Garcia's contract negotiations have collapsed with the Heart.

We've got to move on this. Would be a good signing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Richard Garcia's contract negotiations have collapsed with the Heart.

We've got to move on this. Would be a good signing.
    Just a pity we need a top centre back with the remaining spot. If we have another spot, sign him asap ffs, we can always chuck Heskey back there.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    Just a pity we need a top centre back with the remaining spot. If we have another spot, sign him asap ffs, we can always chuck Heskey back there.
    We have 2 spots by my account.

From last year:
    Jobe = Caravella
    Griff = burns
    Duncan = solari
    Ritter = Hoole
    Jesic = Gibbs

Still to replace Tiago and Ribero. Happy to be corrected if I'm wrong

Has Hoole taken one of the senior spots now? I don't know how it all works but he was already with us at the same time as Ritter.

Quote Originally Posted by halo se7en View Post
    Has Hoole taken one of the senior spots now? I don't know how it all works but he was already with us at the same time as Ritter.
    I believe he has a senior contract

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    We have 2 spots by my account.

From last year:
    Jobe = Caravella
    Griff = burns
    Duncan = solari
    Ritter = Hoole
    Jesic = Gibbs

Still to replace Tiago and Ribero. Happy to be corrected if I'm wrong
    It was my understanding that Duncan wasn't on a senior contract, he was simply a youth player who was called up a few times, hence why Solari, 19, was picked up over Usai, and would make sense, given he's playing regularly in the NBN league.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Newcastle Jets captain Ruben Zadkovich reportedly a target for Millwall

Newcastle Jets captain Ruben Zadkovich could find himself back in the English Championship - this time with Millwall. Picture: Liam Driver Source: DailyTelegraph

NEWCASTLE Jets captain Ruben Zadkovich could be the next A-League figure heading overseas, with English Championship side Millwall understood to be close to bidding for him.

Zadkovich returns to Newcastle's pre-season training this week, after being granted time off in the wake of the Socceroos' East Asian Cup campaign, and is contracted for another two years at the Jets.

But it's understood the 27-year-old has attracted interest from Millwall under new manager Steve Lomas, who began his tenure with a shock 1-0 defeat at home to Yeovil yesterday.

Zadkovich, who holds a Croatian passport and hence has no issues over gaining a visa, was handed the captaincy by Jets coach Gary van Egmond earlier in the year after Jobe Wheelhouse's departure and has become a key figure at the club.

The midfielder already has experience of the English second tier after signing for Derby County in 2008 and spending two years there in the Championship, albeit making only five appearances.

Much of his time at Derby was affected by injury, beginning with a groin tear he suffered at the Olympics playing for the Olyroos.

In January 2010 he was granted a release from his contract, and joined the Jets the following April.

But his form at Newcastle over recent months, plus the exposure of returning to the national set-up for the EA Cup campaign, four years after his previous involvement, has sparked fresh interest overseas.

It comes as Crystal Palace have been heavily linked with Melbourne Victory midfielder Mark Milligan.

Millwall already have two Australians on their books, in defender Shane Lowry and striker Scott McDonald - who switched in the close season from Middlesbrough - and were the first English side of Tim Cahill before he joined Everton.

Yesterday Jets CEO Robbie Middleby said he knew nothing of any putative interest from Millwall, and said the club had every desire to keep Zadkovich.

"I've heard nothing from them at all, and two months out from the season the last thing we would want would be to lose our captain," Middleby said.

In more positive news for the club, former England striker Emile Heskey is expected to return to Jets training this week, after being given extended leave to return to England and spend time with his family. Heskey watched Liverpool's testimonial game for Steven Gerrard against Greek side Olympiakos at Anfield on Saturday, but is due to return to full training this week.

Loan signing Nathan Burns is not expected to arrive until the start of next month.

Meanwhile, Sydney FC's game against Serie B team Padova, in the small hours of Thursday morning (AEST), will be broadcast live in Italy, with a deal struck for Sky Italia to broadcast a game in which Alessandro Del Piero plays against his first professional club.

It's the first of six games for the Sky Blues on a pre-season camp organised by Del Piero's management company.
    Interesting we are full of mids at the moment, would possibly open up a chance to sign some AUS experience in the CB, Kisnorbo is still free I think & leave the last visa spot for a CAM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pico View Post
    Interesting we are full of mids at the moment, would possibly open up a chance to sign some AUS experience in the CB, Kisnorbo is still free I think & leave the last visa spot for a CAM.
    I didn't realise Kisnorbo was available. Good shout

Banned
    Kisnorbo that bloke didn't retire after his shit house performances in Asian Cup 2007 did he. He should fit in well here in Circus Newy

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Kisnorbo that bloke didn't retire after his shit house performances in Asian Cup 2007 did he. He should fit in well here in Circus Newy
    Geez Member, you'd complain if we got Mats Hummels.

Who do you think could fill the CB spot and is a realistic target?