Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Ljubo Back

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Pfft - watched one of the old vids last night. An NBN clip with Ljubes openly arguing with said Jones who was running training. Ljubo repeating "what, do you think I'm wrong ?" - Jones pointing the finger and giving it back and basically telling him to go, lucky they were 20m apart.

Then the interview where he announced he wouldn't be playing for the Jets again after copping a bad injury and then leaving his team-mates before the season ended.

Ljubo only had two or three good mates at the Jets, Marko Jesic probably top of the tree.

Great player and was sensational here - but rose-coloured glasses ffs, he was becoming disruptive and was always going to go. The disruption was his own doing and as said above Lubes seems to have a streak in him that means he cannot leave a club without causing some sort of mayhem. There was no need to abuse Bridges wife for example - that is just gutless.

All this just once again re-inforces that the hate for Bridges on this forum is entirely because of the perceived role he had in Ljubo leaving the club. And I'm putting aside Bridges crap form, age etc aside here.

Bridges class is that he doesn't respond in public to all this baiting, and please provide a quote where Bridges bignotes himself.

Yes - I am over this shit......
    No I hate bridges because he constantly turns the ball over and is has wasted a spot for years that could of been used more effectively, should of just stayed retired

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    The fact that Bridges has snaked his way through all this bs and STILL has followers shows what an awful human being he is
    Differentiate between Bridges the player and Bridges the man....the problem is that his haters can't do that without imploding.

May Griff have mercy on your soul.
    Last edited by Jetmaster; 07-03-2014 at 08:00 PM.

I don't differentiate because the two are so similar.
    OK

I don't differentiate because the two are so similar.
    Please elucidate....I want some proof that Bridges the man is an absolute cock.

Didn't he have an affair with the commando?

The story begins and ends with... Ljubo became impossible to work with, over the top etc and gave some of the squad members an irrationally hard time. This was causing major dramas in the camp and Bridges stepped in to basically take the side of the players under the constant attack.
    I can tell you that this was the issue with complete confidence.
    The great Ljubo actually sent me a couple of private messages asking who my insider was. I did have an insider on the coaching staff and he (Ljubo) seemed fairly agitated that I made public what I knew.
    So basically, the role of Bridges wasn't to undermine Ljubo, it was to support a couple of his team mates.
    Ljubo dug his own grave, as he has at most of his clubs through his predictably unpredictable outbursts.

Quote Originally Posted by Raw Boned Youngster View Post
    The story begins and ends with... Ljubo became impossible to work with, over the top etc and gave some of the squad members an irrationally hard time. This was causing major dramas in the camp and Bridges stepped in to basically take the side of the players under the constant attack.
    I can tell you that this was the issue with complete confidence.
    The great Ljubo actually sent me a couple of private messages asking who my insider was. I did have an insider on the coaching staff and he (Ljubo) seemed fairly agitated that I made public what I knew.
    So basically, the role of Bridges wasn't to undermine Ljubo, it was to support a couple of his team mates.
    Ljubo dug his own grave, as he has at most of his clubs through his predictably unpredictable outbursts.
    Thank you....my mail too.

/thread......

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    so you're saying that your source in all this is Bridges?

Excellent point, it's great knowing the squad is happy and stable as they stink the joint out over these last few years.

Romario.
    Stoichkov.
    Cantona.

Nutters.
    Winners.

/keeps thread open

My mail is different to yours, guys.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    /keeps thread open
    OK

My mail is different to yours, guys.

Hey PV - just heard Griff say he's out but expects to be back in 4-6 weeks.....

Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    so you're saying that your source in all this is Bridges?
    Heard the same thing from within the set up and it definitely wasn't from Bridges.

So there are peepz who truly believe Bridges is a better option than Lubes...we truly are fvcked !
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

I don't see the argument in the last few posts as being about who is a better player (when was the last game Ljubo played though, not sure he would offer too much either at this point). People are just stating what they know about the Ljubo/Bridges animosity. There does seem to be a correlation between peoples hatred of Bridges and the role they saw him playing in Ljubo leaving the club.

Lubes as good a player as he is, is destabilising and destructive within the team environment. He has done this time and time again at different clubs. Lets not kid ourselves, Ljubo played a leading role in his demise here, and likely at his past clubs. I loved having him here, think he is a great player on the park but wouldn't want the club to go chasing him. Much better options out there.

Bridges, well we won't have him playing next season (or likely this season) so thats really not an issue going forward. I'm relatively happy to leave the starting 11 and bench as is (with a few tweaks as players come back from injury). As it is though, I think Bridges in the squad provides better mentoring and advice for young players than Ljubo. Not a reason to keep him in the squad long term, but I don't see Ljubo walking into a starting spot either.

I think we should be aiming to go forward next season without either of them.

Okay, I'm going to put it out there: Ljubo's a dick.

Great player for us, sure, but a dick nonetheless.

linky

ljubomilicevic Soooo.... found a TURBO "KID" pic... to match the TANGENT VIBE I'm about to go on ... haha... firstly well done to the @newcastlejetsfc youth team for their 1 nil win over us today... few talents out there for sure but hurry up and leave the club asap FaRKEN! Because basically you're never going to break through to the senior team as long as Ernie Merrick is the coach, he can't grow tomatoes let alone nurture young talents on the bigger stage... he doesn't believe in the youth, surely you've all realised that by now... Secondly... To dear Lawrie Mckinna aka CEO aka Youth Coach aka Council Man aka ETC: What faaarken trip are you on? Trying to shake my hand after the game? Dude do you forget how you don't want me at JETS club events? How I was specifically told that it's in the clubs best interest to not have me at The Legends game earlier in the year?! Maaaate I totally accept that we have got completely different VIBES, I'm not one for FAKERY or licking ass ... sooooo.... carry on doing what you do, slapping palms and all that shit , I'm not registered to vote anyway so why bother with me?! And lastly... to Labi Haliti your side kick and any other ex- team mates of mine who are now gladly part of a system that I so despise... there is a reason why we don't catch up for coffee or hang out ... you sold out and it's a farken bore... annnnddd....on that note... Anyone in Bondi up for some Rose'? The Kids Truth Vibes ��❤️ Ajde Jebote

From this I'm assuming they don't do random drug screening in the NPL?

He needs to stop thinking he is important to the JETS, he is embarrassing!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Couscous View Post
    Okay, I'm going to put it out there: Ljubo's a dick.

Great player for us, sure, but a dick nonetheless.

linky
    Ljubo is one of the good guys. When Branko was coach and couldn't end training quick enough to get home it was always Ljubo and Mark Jones that would stay back and work with the younger players. The parents of these younger players and the players themselves can't speak highly enough about him.

Ljubo is a good man.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 01-06-2018 at 10:42 AM.

He basically abuses our new coach then gets angry when he isnt invited or told not to come for the legends game. Is Ljubo really that thick and for all his comments about Merrick and youth. Merrick has done a stellar job with the likes of Champness, Vujica and Johnny K. Still love Ljubo but he needs to rain it in a bit
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Salty?
    Self-important?
    Both?