Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Local Forum pre-season fitness dicussion

Local Forum pre-season fitness dicussion

Clubs still pound the pavement and do King Edward sessions!?!?!?!? Oh dear.

Quote Originally Posted by EH9 View Post
    Clubs still pound the pavement and do King Edward sessions!?!?!?!? Oh dear.
    Spot on with your idea here. Newcastle football people (coaches, admin, NNSW etc) trying to produce better athletes as opposed to better footballers, since the dawn of time. How embarrassing. I am glad i never played football in this country as times.

Banned
    OLympic with their physical Hoof ball style probably need that to prepare correctly for the season.

Seriously what do you expect. Amateur teams at this level ain't in the business of developing Harry Kewell's etc. Basic job for them is to win State League games by whatever means necessary. Easy way to do that is run hard tackle hard kick hard and stay organised.

Best thing that will happen to the State League will be the Jets Yoof dominating and winning the comp. May make a few of the clubs wake up and smell the coffee and devote a bit more effort to changing their ways.

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    speaking of fitness training - here's some literature from the FFA curriculum

http://www.footballfedvic.com.au/fil...ce_version.pdf

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/...099-source.pdf

Players should take responsibility and be out pounding the pavement & hitting the gym during the off-season (Oct/Nov/Dec) and turn up fit to train come pre-season. That would allow the coaches to put more time into skills, tactics and match specific training during the pre-season instead of having to whip 3 months of booze out of people in 4-6weeks. Second to that teams at the top level should be training 3x a week + a recovery session but that is a whole nother story.

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    OLympic with their physical Hoof ball style probably need that to prepare correctly for the season.

Seriously what do you expect. Amateur teams at this level ain't in the business of developing Harry Kewell's etc. Basic job for them is to win State League games by whatever means necessary. Easy way to do that is run hard tackle hard kick hard and stay organised.

Best thing that will happen to the State League will be the Jets Yoof dominating and winning the comp. May make a few of the clubs wake up and smell the coffee and devote a bit more effort to changing their ways.
    All state league clubs cram a bit of fitness work in early on especially before the trials start...as the season rolls on work is done with ball at feet.FFA guidelines sound great but even though most 1st graders get some payment it really is a amateur comp.They don't play and train all year round so you need to get some fitness in early on cause there's always a few who do very little in the off season.
    As for yoof winning the comp,so they should...really should be playing in the sydney comp next year if you want to test them
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

Oh that's right. A-league teams don't fitness work. Ya never see the jets at blackbutt!!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    Players should take responsibility and be out pounding the pavement & hitting the gym during the off-season (Oct/Nov/Dec) and turn up fit to train come pre-season. That would allow the coaches to put more time into skills, tactics and match specific training during the pre-season instead of having to whip 3 months of booze out of people in 4-6weeks. Second to that teams at the top level should be training 3x a week + a recovery session but that is a whole nother story.
    Isn't that the Jets, not the pub league big fish in a little pond State League?

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    is it worth splitting a lot of these posts into a pre-season fitness thread?

The Foz guide to Preseason Fitness.. Yeah split it...
    Amigos Aarau

Quote Originally Posted by goaliepersempre View Post
    The Foz guide to Preseason Fitness.. Yeah split it...
    what would a GK know bout fitness lol
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post

I can assure you that most NBN teams do have an interest in developing players to play at a higher level, your "harry kewels" you talk about dont come along everyday so its bit harsh comparing players from the NBN league to him, most coaches in the NBN league are quite good at what they do and with a little help from NNSWF they may get an opportunity to coach the jets youth, please tell me of Clayton Zane's success as a coach, zero no doubt, jobs for the boys I'd say. Your comment in regards to clubs "waking up and smelling the coffee" is way of the mark, why do they need to change their ways, most NBN clubs play attractive football for this competition, as for the jets youth dominating, what I have seen and heard they will be called Sydney Jets Youth this season, theres your first problem.Your comments reek of ignorance to local football and I suggest you do more research before labeling State League clubs of not setting a standard as I can assure you the effort put in by most clubs ridicule your comments

im not a fan of the whole 'running laps" for preseason, first thing youd wanna do is get the feel for the ball again right? so why not start with the basics aka passing, shooting dribbling etc?
    Jaliens gives me the horn

Football training time is limited so should be spent on football skills as much as possible, hence turning up fit to train. If you need it you can go for a run on your own time if you need it.
    In my experience the guys who turn up early for pre-season are usually the ones who don't need to be running laps anyway.

Oh and Goalies are the fitness gurus.

Oh and Goalies are the fitness gurus.
    Amen brother. It's tough to stand up and not do anything for 90mins

On the topic, my club started training in December with ball skills, doubt we'll actually do any running laps for another month or two, if at all. We generally just play a game and get fit that way.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

haha oh so funny guys, you can come to a keeper fitness session if you like :P

Shouldnt you be happy that I want this to be proactive.. Keeper should be just as fit as field players. I know some have alot of work to do....

Tips and Tricks and Guide away....
    Amigos Aarau

The Goalie should be the fittest player out there. Requires strength, power, speed, agility, flexibility, reflex & the ability to concentrate for 90min even if there is nothing to do to come up with the the big save in the 90th minute. You can hide on the field if you are lacking in some areas, not in goals.

The Goalie should be the fittest player out there. Requires strength, power, speed, agility, flexibility, reflex & the ability to concentrate for 90min even if there is nothing to do to come up with the the big save in the 90th minute. You can hide on the field if you are lacking in some areas, not in goals.
    Hahahaha i nearly made it, reading that post all the way through, without laughing.
    But you got me... Good one! hahahahaha

The problem is with the NBN state league is that it is a small talent population to draw talent from. Therefore the range of talent to pick from isnt huge. Australia doesnt have a huge population anyways especially with a lot of competing sporting codes, which makes it worse for football.

Now with small a talent pool and a small amount of time to work with your players coaches have realised that the best end result for their time is to based their sessions around conditioning, opposed to technical & tactical based training.

I understand why they do this as probably is the best and most productive use of their time. But are people aware you can get in very good condition with a football? amazing to think isnt it.

Why is it when my son does his pre-season for a couple of weeks he is stuffed 15min into his first couple of matches? He is in good condition. Because the training is not specific to the game he plays. I mean how ridiculous is it for coaches to realise that they should be trying to develop footballers first and athletes second?

Now i am not having a shot at the coaches here in the state league they do a great job, considering they have full time jobs and families. But what the hell is NNSW Football doing? They should be having high qualified coaches critiquing the coaching sessions of state league teams. Not to hammer them but to offer constructive advice.

NNSW Football should be doing something more proactive then what are doing to change the beliefs and methodologies of football in this area.

Quote Originally Posted by immersion View Post
    Now i am not having a shot at the coaches here in the state league they do a great job, considering they have full time jobs and families. But what the hell is NNSW Football doing? They should be having high qualified coaches critiquing the coaching sessions of state league teams. Not to hammer them but to offer constructive advice.

NNSW Football should be doing something more proactive then what are doing to change the beliefs and methodologies of football in this area.
    And you have it in a nutshell! I have over the last 2 seasons that teams can be 'fit' for play at this level by basing their sessions on football based fitness. If the coaches had the support of the Federation coaching staff they would be able to learn and implement these strategies. It could also then provide the Federation an opportunity to identify excellent coaches that could be funnelled into higher jobs. But unlikely to happen.