Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Local Forum pre-season fitness dicussion

Quote Originally Posted by EH9 View Post
    And you have it in a nutshell! I have over the last 2 seasons that teams can be 'fit' for play at this level by basing their sessions on football based fitness. If the coaches had the support of the Federation coaching staff they would be able to learn and implement these strategies. It could also then provide the Federation an opportunity to identify excellent coaches that could be funnelled into higher jobs. But unlikely to happen.
    Exactly. Well Said EH9

My idea on 1 on 1 coaching for the coaches is just an idea. I dont like the idea of group sessions for coaches as coaches have their own style. I am not sure what would work best but i know what they are doing know is crap to put as politely as i can.

I would love to see an audit conducted on the NNSW football federation and see what they spend money on. I know they want this new complex. Which will do greats things for football. But a great footballing surface doesn't make footballers smarter or better technically. If they invested in actual development of knowledge for coaches and players that would improve the standard of football much more IMO.

Your idea is a great model.

I would suggest that the federation spend $0 on identifying (scouting) talented young players and coaches. Would be a handy thing to do in my opinion.

you truly believe state league coaches dont know how to get players fit with ball at feet ? Dont underestimate em.wouldnt get a gig if all they did was run their players ffs
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

[QUOTE=immersion;25137]Exactly. Well Said EH9

My idea on 1 on 1 coaching for the coaches is just an idea. I dont like the idea of group sessions for coaches as coaches have their own style. I am not sure what would work best but i know what they are doing know is crap to put as politely as i can.

Mate i think you should turn up to a MAGIC session.
    everything is short quick drills with the ball at the moment.
    and with Robert Virgili, Bobby Noamov and David Jones in charge of a very good squad.
    I think you will eat your own words when season kicks off.
    I cant wait to see them play..
    Last edited by cobra23; 23-01-2013 at 01:21 PM.

One team is seen jogging the streets and all of a sudden it's the whole competition doing it, FFS , Bolchy is in Perth and Phil koina is renowned for his street jogging, who gives a what clubs do for pre season, stupid thread

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    the idea of discussing pre-season fitness isn't crap, it's the local forum idiots, notably those who don't have the competence to use quotes correctly or the ability do differentiate between your and you're, who have ruined everything

clean up and bans coming once I get on a proper computer

[QUOTE=immersion;25159][say what your saying is correct. 1 team on the right path hardly constitutes good practice throughout the state league does it. Sounds like you are a possible magic supporter/player/board member and your opinion may be biased. Which is not a bad thing. If all your drills are short and sharp you will let yourself down in the department of residual strength IMO. Hats off to magic if they are doing the correct approach.

As a matter of fact im edgy supporter, but keep close tabs on magic for the fact of mates and a good game of football played out of there,
    that thread i posted previously was clearly refered to your 1 line comment which i bawled out.
    I have a very good relationship with the coaches (previously Edgy 10 years ago) which is why i know so much
    about them.
    So all i am saying dont make remarks about coaches dont knoe crap when clearly there a at least 2 or 3 that do in this comp
    Last edited by cobra23; 23-01-2013 at 02:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    the idea of discussing pre-season fitness isn't crap, it's the local forum idiots, notably those who don't have the competence to use quotes correctly or the ability do differentiate between your and you're, who have ruined everything

clean up and bans coming once I get on a proper computer
    Its a forum. not everyone is worried not about their spelling, punctuation and grammer. And not everyone can understand how these forums codes work. I grew up before computers.

Quote Originally Posted by EH9 View Post
    Your idea is a great model.

I would suggest that the federation spend $0 on identifying (scouting) talented young players and coaches. Would be a handy thing to do in my opinion.
    What exactly will the fed do with these players/coaches once they have scouted them? How do we we offer jobs/contracts to all those people who have shown great ability in our game? Who will pay for these one on one coaching sessions that you advocate? I dont want to see my registration monies paying for the coaching of State League teams when i play in Zone 3 for example? Why should i fund the education of coaches that have nothing to do with me, yet my coach probably needs much more help then those experienced coaches in the State league.

I think the accounts breakdown of the NNSWFF is on their website, but in any case what is it that you feel that they misspending their monies on?

IMO a successful team will be one that has balanced all areas of the training sphere. its not just about fitness or ball work, but also attitude and commitment. Im afraid that if you cannot get your players fit to start the season with they will be lacking in this area for most of the season. No point trying to get fit near the end of the season, and we all know how important it is for a team to be fit.

[QUOTE=immersion;25159]
    Quote Originally Posted by cobra23 View Post

I havent mentioned anyone really directly apart from NNSW football federation which seem to have a very good relationship with Magic. Maybe that is why you are getting back up for no reason.
    Im interested in understanding what you mean by Magic having a very good relationship with the Fed is about. I have see this a couple times on posts and it leads me to some illusion of favouritism. Can you advise? I know they get the grand final but i also know this is based on fulfilling a criteria. Do Magic not pay registration fees or something? I just cant work it out? And why the back up because of this?

Also i dont think it is relevant whether cobra23 is associated with Magic or Edgeworth, or other, to which i cant honestly pick it, but I think we would all agree we want to see better football at every corner of our game.

I have seen Olympic train several times and for anyone who thinks that all they do is run up and down fields and beaches they are greatly mistaken.

I think it would be unfair, judging by the playing styles of many of the State League clubs, to say that Magic would be the one and only minority with correct approach, if indeed their approach is correct. I would like to think that once fit many of our clubs would be plying all their time to skills and technical coaching.

I think you would be hard pressed not to see all the State League teams wearing the soles of their shoes out for at least a month.

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    next person to incorrectly quote gets a week off too

if you can't work out how to do it then we can probably do without your opinion - show the rest of us a bit of respect and learn how to quote

or the ability do differentiate between your and you're, who have ruined everything
    slams guys for grammar but uses wrong word

:forthelulz:

but seriously guys - quote properly or don't do it at all, hey.

my opinion on the preseason fitness work:
    everytime a team says they're not doing running & only do ball-specific cardio training, they always underdo themselves. this is a amateur-semi pro competition, it's hard enough to keep the boys off the booze more than 3 times a week let alone get them to keep their fitness at a premium at their own will.
    OK

next person to incorrectly quote gets a week off too

if you can't work out how to do it then we can probably do without your opinion - show the rest of us a bit of respect and learn how to quote
    Boz, I think you might be refering to my post.
    I know how to quote but i had already hit the save botton with what i wanted to say before realizing the mistake.
    Sorry mate..

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    I can assure you that most NBN teams do have an interest in developing players to play at a higher level, your "harry kewels" you talk about dont come along everyday so its bit harsh comparing players from the NBN league to him, most coaches in the NBN league are quite good at what they do and with a little help from NNSWF they may get an opportunity to coach the jets youth, please tell me of Clayton Zane's success as a coach, zero no doubt, jobs for the boys I'd say. Your comment in regards to clubs "waking up and smelling the coffee" is way of the mark, why do they need to change their ways, most NBN clubs play attractive football for this competition, as for the jets youth dominating, what I have seen and heard they will be called Sydney Jets Youth this season, theres your first problem.Your comments reek of ignorance to local football and I suggest you do more research before labeling State League clubs of not setting a standard as I can assure you the effort put in by most clubs ridicule your comments
    Forever Red if you feel the way NBN Clubs are doing things is the right way then you are suffering from some delusion.

All of them are playing second fiddle to the Magic Club who lets remember only arrived in NBN Level in 1995. Since then they have gone from homeless playing out of a borrowed Adamstown Oval to having their own wonderful facility that shites on all other clubs in the region, have had wonderful on field success and have provided a base for juniors such as Kanta / Hoole/soon to be Kale stepping into the Jets XI.

What have the rest of the clubs been doing in this time frame?? Standing still treading water and going backwards

Nearly every other club has a pile of blokes playing first grade who ain't there for their technical ability. Blokes who are 6ft>> 6ft 6inches tall, 80>90kgs big strong and fast. Basically players with good physical attributes and athletically inclined. Half of these blokes are technically poor but get away masquerading as First Grade players by running hard, tackling hard and physically dominating more technical types. As you go down the grades you will see these type of players gaining advancement and usually at the expense of kids who have some technical ability but ain't that physically gifted. The real technically gifted are fast tracked through the grades but it is these kids the ones who have some of the technical ability
    but maybe not the physical gifts that get left behind.

This is the fault of no one other than the coaching departments of clubs. They are the ones who reward physical development over technical skills. Actually it isn't not just there fault it is also the fault of the committees who continue to select the coaches who have deluded old time philosophies and aren't taking a modern approach to this.

To say that most NBN sides play attractive football outside of Magic/ Jets Yoof who else does??? Cause all I seen last season was teams full of hacks chopping in and playing garbage level HOOFball???

Also if the Jets Yoof team are having to supplement players from the Sydney region to fill the squad doesn't that suggest the development programs at NBN Clubs are shit and not producing the talent??

Maybe a reality check for some of these clubs is needed to give them the kick up the arse required to raise their standards

you truly do believe you know more about coaching than state league coaches and more about administration than state league committees. It is you who are delusional.
    FLOGS OUT !
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

MFKS...to say that Magic is the only club that hasn't stood still in time is to my mind completely disrespectful to the other clubs in the Newcastle region.

Magic have done a fantastic job in building a wonderful facility and are probably the benchmark club on the whole in Newcastle at present, however to completely disregard the other clubs contribution to what is a good Football community shows just how blinkered your view is.

To be honest I think your post shows a complete lack of understanding for where Football in general is at in this country.
    Have you seen the Playing and Facility standard in the Sydney Premier League? Newcastle is not so bad let me tell you.

Nationally, Australian Football is way behind in technical/tactical proficiency of players and even further behind when it comes to Coach development compared with the leading Football nations in the world. However in the last 5 years, there has been a marked improvement in the willingness of the FFA and NNSW to enage with it's members and really begin a significant push towards technical reform in this country.

It will take decades, not years, before we fully start to see an integrated grassroots development system for both players and coaches start to bear fruit on a consistent basis; however the groundwork that is being done is pushing us in the right direction. It is by no means perfect, and by no means should constant improvement of the system be stopped; however Football in this country is improving everyday and the groundwork done by the FFA and Han Berger with regards to development has been fantastic.

Also to say that only Magic and the Jets Youth played attractive Football in the NBN State League, again shows a lack of understanding of Football on a whole.

Football is a game of many styles and opinions, what may be attractive to you may not be to the tastes of others. But to disregard the efforts and abilities of the 8 other teams in the League is misguided and disrespectful.

Did you watch the Jets Youth? Because for me a style of Football which is so one dimensional, devoid of attacking nous and easily countered is not attractive at all. Passing it from Fullback to Centre Half, to opposite Fullback back to Centre Half, Connor Chapman long diagonal ball to Virgilli is not at all representative of great football in my mind.

In fact the counter-attacking performance of Edgeworth in last years Semi-Final against the Jets Youth displayed great tactical coaching from Gary Wilson and a superb ability from his players to carry out his instructions.

Quote Originally Posted by FaroeMassive View Post
    Did you watch the Jets Youth? Because for me a style of Football which is so one dimensional, devoid of attacking nous and easily countered is not attractive at all. Passing it from Fullback to Centre Half, to opposite Fullback back to Centre Half, Connor Chapman long diagonal ball to Virgilli is not at all representative of great football in my mind.

100% agree with this statement, i did not enjoy watching the Jets youth play last season at all, they were boring as hell and rarely created numerous chances in one game, if it wasn't for about 4 different players within the team e.g. virgili - then they could easily of gotten the wooden spoon. Their style was in no way "attractive", it was the exact same play we've seen from the seniors for about 50% of this season and we all saw how ugly everyone in the A-league could tell the style was and how easy it was to tactically and physically counter it.

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Forever Red if you feel the way NBN Clubs are doing things is the right way then you are suffering from some delusion.

All of them are playing second fiddle to the Magic Club who lets remember only arrived in NBN Level in 1995. Since then they have gone from homeless playing out of a borrowed Adamstown Oval to having their own wonderful facility that shites on all other clubs in the region, have had wonderful on field success and have provided a base for juniors such as Kanta / Hoole/soon to be Kale stepping into the Jets XI.

What have the rest of the clubs been doing in this time frame?? Standing still treading water and going backwards

Nearly every other club has a pile of blokes playing first grade who ain't there for their technical ability. Blokes who are 6ft>> 6ft 6inches tall, 80>90kgs big strong and fast. Basically players with good physical attributes and athletically inclined. Half of these blokes are technically poor but get away masquerading as First Grade players by running hard, tackling hard and physically dominating more technical types. As you go down the grades you will see these type of players gaining advancement and usually at the expense of kids who have some technical ability but ain't that physically gifted. The real technically gifted are fast tracked through the grades but it is these kids the ones who have some of the technical ability

This is the fault of no one other than the coaching departments of clubs. They are the ones who reward physical development over technical skills. Actually it isn't not just there fault it is also the fault of the committees who continue to select the coaches who have deluded old time philosophies and aren't taking a modern approach to this.

To say that most NBN sides play attractive football outside of Magic/ Jets Yoof who else does??? Cause all I seen last season was teams full of hacks chopping in and playing garbage level HOOFball???

Also if the Jets Yoof team are having to supplement players from the Sydney region to fill the squad doesn't that suggest the development programs at NBN Clubs are shit and not producing the talent??

Maybe a reality check for some of these clubs is needed to give them the kick up the arse required to raise their standards
    Magic have been around a lot longer than that. They were known at one time as Hamilton Red Star, but later changed names mainly (other reasons as well) as Red Star implied Serbian not macedonian.

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post

Not once did I mention magic in my post , please bat off over magic in the privacy of your home, do you know the ball is round, bugger me