Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 76

Thread: Local Forum pre-season fitness dicussion

  1. #41
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    17,380
    Quote Originally Posted by Imyourhero View Post
    i did not enjoy watching the Jets youth play last season at all, they were boring as hell and rarely created numerous chances in one game, if it wasn't for about 4 different players within the team e.g. virgili - then they could easily of gotten the wooden spoon. Their style was in no way "attractive", it was the exact same play we've seen from the seniors for about 50% of this season and we all saw how ugly everyone in the A-league could tell the style was and how easy it was to tactically and physically counter it.
    I didnt find it boring when they dominated much of the comp last year with that short passing game. In the end it was physically countered by bigger stronger opposition who also had some idea how to play.

  2. #42
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,076
    Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    I didnt find it boring when they dominated much of the comp last year with that short passing game. In the end it was physically countered by bigger stronger opposition who also had some idea how to play.
    Passing the ball from CB to LB to CB to RB to CB to GK etc does not equal dominating.
    However, each to their own i guess.

  3. #43
    Senior Member seldom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,622
    Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    I didnt find it boring when they dominated much of the comp last year with that short passing game. In the end it was physically countered by bigger stronger opposition who also had some idea how to play.
    Agree...surely we don't want all teams playing the same formation within the same system.I actually really enjoy different styles clashing,its entertaining
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

  4. #44
    Senior Member MFKS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    KOTARA STH
    Posts
    15,370
    Quote Originally Posted by seldom View Post
    Agree...surely we don't want all teams playing the same formation within the same system.I actually really enjoy different styles clashing,its entertaining
    Yes it is refreshing to see refreshingly different styles. What isn't refreshing is seeing blokes hack and kick away and teams resort to Wellington Phoenix like tactics in the NBN League. Styles should at least revolve around having some degree of respect for retaining possession in some form. Not just to kick the bejesus out of ball and opponent

    Glad to see I touched a nerve with some of the sweethearts on here.

    If you think the standards are being set by the bulk of the NBN Clubs are good enough then god help our region. We have had 3 successful years in the National League NSL/HAL in about 30 years where we have been thereat the business end of the season. Since the likes of Col Curran Baartzy etc what Socceroos have we been producing?? Lowey Halpin Zane ??A real stellar cast there. The clubs are who develop the players from schoolboys through the grades to Breakers/Jets level and then onto Australia. At the end of the day the results have been quite underwhelming

    Who is to blame for this. The NNSW Federation should be holding its hands up to a large proportion to this. Secondly our clubs should also be taking some large responsibility for their short comings.


    Most of the clubs in the NBN League are stuck in a 20-30 years ago Time warp and it is high time they started joining the 21st century

    De Champ I am aware that Magic were around before 1995 it was then they joined the NBN Level and have kicked on.

    Forever Red I don't go for Magic. I just pay them respect for what they have achieved in the last few years. Maybe whatever club you support can pull their socks up and one day join them as flag bearers for the comp.

    Another reason i can have respect for Magic is they were probably the only team who actually tried to outplay the Jets Yoof. They stood strong and tried to play their own game and backed themselves to be better and won out. Every other team who played the Jets Yoof resorted to Hacking them at every opportunity or sitting back and trying to hit them on the counter when a stray pass cam their way.

    Bit hard to respect the parking the bus mentality intermingled with the hacking the shit out of them approach all the other clubs took
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post

    Double-eff-aye should introduce a 3rd division and dump these ice addict welfare living scumbags straight there. dont even let them get their stink anywhere near 2nd division.

  5. #45
    Senior Member seldom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,622
    Mate physicality is part of the game...fvck off and watch netball you toss
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

  6. #46
    Senior Member MFKS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    KOTARA STH
    Posts
    15,370
    Quote Originally Posted by seldom View Post
    Mate physicality is part of the game...fvck off and watch netball you toss
    Physicality is part of the game. Yes. Low level Kevin Muscat wannabe thuggery ain't.

    If physicality is your main tactic to win games then we are right back to where we started.

    You keep up the good fight plugging for a bunch of 6ft 4 inch tall cavemen playing long ball garbage and I will continue the fight to see skillful technical ball control, delicate quick ball movement and delicate touches

    I suppose Seldom you are the type of guy who thinks pre season training should be all about running laps sprints weights etc

    Where as I see it all about actual football skills and tactical development to provide a football specific level of fitness.

    Even at NBN Level it is good to see the thuggish long ball shit come unstuck and Magic be rewarded for their style of play by taking home the biscuits in last years GF. Wouldn't surprise me if Jets yoof and Magic are 1-2 this season. Can't see the thuggish style work on the Jets yoof to the extent it did last season. So maybe the poor NBN Clubs will actually have to come up with some new tactics
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post

    Double-eff-aye should introduce a 3rd division and dump these ice addict welfare living scumbags straight there. dont even let them get their stink anywhere near 2nd division.

  7. #47
    Senior Member seldom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,622
    dont preach to me about coaching member Ive seen hundreds of experts like you in the stand many who get their coaching certs but when it comes to reality cant win a game. If you truly believe that all teams beside magic and yoof are 6'4'' retards who only know how to pump it long and kick people you probably need to stay the fvck away, the comp will be just fine without you.As for the yoof, have coached a couple and know a few more and they certainly give the state league a lot more respect than you. Just a realistic question - have you even played the game ?
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

  8. #48
    Senior Member MFKS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    KOTARA STH
    Posts
    15,370
    Quote Originally Posted by seldom View Post
    dont preach to me about coaching member Ive seen hundreds of experts like you in the stand many who get their coaching certs but when it comes to reality cant win a game. If you truly believe that all teams beside magic and yoof are 6'4'' retards who only know how to pump it long and kick people you probably need to stay the fvck away, the comp will be just fine without you.As for the yoof, have coached a couple and know a few more and they certainly give the state league a lot more respect than you. Just a realistic question - have you even played the game ?
    Yeah Played NBN State League Level

    Walked right into that one
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post

    Double-eff-aye should introduce a 3rd division and dump these ice addict welfare living scumbags straight there. dont even let them get their stink anywhere near 2nd division.

  9. #49
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,076
    I guess the reality is that we are still 10 years behind Europe and most of the world in the development of our football.
    Even if all clubs take on the magic/jets mentality (i actually think the magic mentality is better) this is only a small area of football in Australia.
    There's a long way to go but we have to ( and we have the ability) keep slowly evolving.

  10. #50
    Senior Member seldom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,622
    Quote Originally Posted by Imyourhero View Post
    I guess the reality is that we are still 10 years behind Europe and most of the world in the development of our football.
    Even if all clubs take on the magic/jets mentality (i actually think the magic mentality is better) this is only a small area of football in Australia.
    There's a long way to go but we have to ( and we have the ability) keep slowly evolving.
    I honestly believe the problem is the coaching standards in juniors.Don't get me wrong they try their hardest but many times its a mum or dad with little knowledge.You get a team that from u6s has a dad who played and knows how to coach they tend to be in A grade most of their junior career and can make the transition into seniors more easily than youngins without this luxury.You get a kid 16 or 17 come up from juniors its one thing to teach them game and tactical awareness within your system but it is another thing to try and change their technique on the ball. And as for most young kids and their heading ability dont get me started.Its why young players who get picked up in the select systems tend to be the only ones that go on cause they have had better coaching early on.I believe this is why Magic is such a strong club,plenty of junior numbers with coaches who have at least played decent football.I truly dont know what the answer is for lesser known clubs because where do you find better coaches who are willing to volunteer their time ?
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

  11. #51
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,292
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Yes it is refreshing to see refreshingly different styles. What isn't refreshing is seeing blokes hack and kick away and teams resort to Wellington Phoenix like tactics in the NBN League. Styles should at least revolve around having some degree of respect for retaining possession in some form. Not just to kick the bejesus out of ball and opponent

    Glad to see I touched a nerve with some of the sweethearts on here.

    If you think the standards are being set by the bulk of the NBN Clubs are good enough then god help our region. We have had 3 successful years in the National League NSL/HAL in about 30 years where we have been thereat the business end of the season. Since the likes of Col Curran Baartzy etc what Socceroos have we been producing?? Lowey Halpin Zane ??A real stellar cast there. The clubs are who develop the players from schoolboys through the grades to Breakers/Jets level and then onto Australia. At the end of the day the results have been quite underwhelming

    Who is to blame for this. The NNSW Federation should be holding its hands up to a large proportion to this. Secondly our clubs should also be taking some large responsibility for their short comings.


    Most of the clubs in the NBN League are stuck in a 20-30 years ago Time warp and it is high time they started joining the 21st century

    De Champ I am aware that Magic were around before 1995 it was then they joined the NBN Level and have kicked on.

    Forever Red I don't go for Magic. I just pay them respect for what they have achieved in the last few years. Maybe whatever club you support can pull their socks up and one day join them as flag bearers for the comp.

    Another reason i can have respect for Magic is they were probably the only team who actually tried to outplay the Jets Yoof. They stood strong and tried to play their own game and backed themselves to be better and won out. Every other team who played the Jets Yoof resorted to Hacking them at every opportunity or sitting back and trying to hit them on the counter when a stray pass cam their way.

    Bit hard to respect the parking the bus mentality intermingled with the hacking the shit out of them approach all the other clubs took
    Newcastle football doesn't need people like you, I suppose you follow man united to, typical know it all wanker, move on buddy, your drunk

  12. #52
    Senior Member MFKS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    KOTARA STH
    Posts
    15,370
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    Newcastle football doesn't need people like you, I suppose you follow man united to, typical know it all wanker, move on buddy, your drunk
    No mate i don't support Man Utd. I don't support any big end European Club

    As for you are you on one of the committees or a coach of one of these clubs. Cause you sure as hell are defensive of criticism towards them. If you are then you should be open and prepared to receive criticism so maybe you ought to take the tiara off princess and respond with your opinion of how you do things rather than personal insults.

    Maybe Forever Red it is people like you that are the problem. Walking around clubs with the high and mighty attitude that your shit don't stink and patting yourselves on the back thinking you are doing a great job. In the mean time Newy Soccer's future is being pissed away on your watch because your too stuck in your ways to change and think you deserve a medal and a pat on the back for your contribution
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post

    Double-eff-aye should introduce a 3rd division and dump these ice addict welfare living scumbags straight there. dont even let them get their stink anywhere near 2nd division.

  13. #53
    Senior Member Buddha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    991
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    Newcastle football doesn't need people like you, I suppose you follow man united to, typical know it all wanker, move on buddy, your drunk
    i like the irony of this statement
    Jaliens gives me the horn

  14. #54
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Brügglifeld's Terraces, Switzerland
    Posts
    1,443
    Okay guess.... challenge... please give me what you would do in the 3 training sessions held next week. What would you do?
    Amigos Aarau

  15. #55
    aka WLG pv4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    7,412
    Quote Originally Posted by goaliepersempre View Post
    Okay guess.... challenge... please give me what you would do in the 3 training sessions held next week. What would you do?
    OK

  16. #56
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,076
    Quote Originally Posted by seldom View Post
    I honestly believe the problem is the coaching standards in juniors.Don't get me wrong they try their hardest but many times its a mum or dad with little knowledge.You get a team that from u6s has a dad who played and knows how to coach they tend to be in A grade most of their junior career and can make the transition into seniors more easily than youngins without this luxury.You get a kid 16 or 17 come up from juniors its one thing to teach them game and tactical awareness within your system but it is another thing to try and change their technique on the ball. And as for most young kids and their heading ability dont get me started.Its why young players who get picked up in the select systems tend to be the only ones that go on cause they have had better coaching early on.I believe this is why Magic is such a strong club,plenty of junior numbers with coaches who have at least played decent football.I truly dont know what the answer is for lesser known clubs because where do you find better coaches who are willing to volunteer their time ?
    Definetly agree - looking at football as a whole in Australia, we are not just lacking the knowledge in the major areas of coaching/playing etc but simply the correct attitude from parents towards the development of their children. I remember watching a youtube video posted by TheWorldGame, it was recored when Foz travelled to spain to spend time at the Barcelona academy. ( now before people go and start ranting about the Foz just relax, the focus isn't his opinion) The focus on this video was a very simple concept, it was the youth youth, i believe around 7-9 years of age playing a proper match. As per a ruling that is accepted by the families and supporter of these young children there is no cheering or yelling given to the kids as they play, the only noise is the chatter between supporters and applause when a child scores a goal. Do you guys think at grassroots level extreme cheering should be allowed at a game? Especially as this can be a catalyst for abusive language?

    I know the above is abit off topic so i will also ask, have magic played a sydney team in a trial match over the past few years? If so, was it a higher finishing club?

  17. #57
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,292
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    No mate i don't support Man Utd. I don't support any big end European Club

    As for you are you on one of the committees or a coach of one of these clubs. Cause you sure as hell are defensive of criticism towards them. If you are then you should be open and prepared to receive criticism so maybe you ought to take the tiara off princess and respond with your opinion of how you do things rather than personal insults.

    Maybe Forever Red it is people like you that are the problem. Walking around clubs with the high and mighty attitude that your shit don't stink and patting yourselves on the back thinking you are doing a great job. In the mean time Newy Soccer's future is being pissed away on your watch because your too stuck in your ways to change and think you deserve a medal and a pat on the back for your contribution
    I'm not on any committee or coaching staff, I have a son who plays, I am not being defensive at all, it's your 'know it all' attitude that smells, I don't call it criticism what you say, its an attack on all clubs except your precious magic and sydney jets youth, please remember that if it wasnt for the state league clubs the sydney jets youth would not be in the competition, the clubs gave the go ahead, not NNSWF, where you get 'WALKING AROUND HIGH AND MIGHTY' is beyond me, we are lucky I suppose your not a coach or committee person, god help us if that ever happened, I will forgive you for the 'Princess' call as you obviously have no idea,this is my final response to your dribble, [mod edit for racism]
    Last edited by boz-monaut; 26-01-2013 at 07:58 AM. Reason: unnecessary reference to ethnicity - user banned for a fortnight

  18. #58
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Brügglifeld's Terraces, Switzerland
    Posts
    1,443
    lol.... so forever red watching your son... whats he doing at training?

    This is all about the training remember... I have had experience with training in various countries and have a few points:

    We are doing good here, continually improving our training from say 10 years ago.. as cultures change from old football styles.. .

    We do however have a long way to go. to improve the technique and quickness of our play and thinking.. (still a big problem in the aleague today is the time it takes for a player to make a decision on what pass he is going to play)

    Teams do require a certain amount of physicallity and plain average running however countless of session all built about running your ass off on a road (remember hardest ground and if making kids do it is highly irresponsible, poor for joints etc etc) is not the answer.. A hybrid of training is required. With if you want to develop players. Targeted improvements designed for the individual player.. Yes this is hard for an amatuer league.... There are 2 parts of this too the individual willingness to push to there hardest and outside of "club training" do there bit and training design.

    There is no point in slagging of certain clubs or whatever... continual improvement and direction needs to be provided and this must come from NNSWF.
    Amigos Aarau

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    Newcastle football doesn't need people like you, I suppose you follow man united to, typical know it all wanker, move on buddy, your drunk
    Is this language really necessary. I find it disrespectful that someone cannot canvas their ideas without being ridiculed and call every name under the sun. Just not necessary.

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    I'm not on any committee or coaching staff, I have a son who plays, I am not being defensive at all, it's your 'know it all' attitude that smells, I don't call it criticism what you say, its an attack on all clubs except your precious magic and sydney jets youth, please remember that if it wasnt for the state league clubs the sydney jets youth would not be in the competition, the clubs gave the go ahead, not NNSWF, where you get 'WALKING AROUND HIGH AND MIGHTY' is beyond me, we are lucky I suppose your not a coach or committee person, god help us if that ever happened, I will forgive you for the 'Princess' call as you obviously have no idea,this is my final response to your dribble
    [mod edit to remove reference to ethnicity]

    All said and done I actually thought Edgeworth started playing some attractive football near the end of the season. I also feel they had for many years previously placed great emphasis on physical fitness. I still think you best have the best of both worlds if you want to have a successful team. I was however disappointed with many teams in our comp, I think they lacked ability, technical knowledge, fitness, and as was said earlier in these post some teams greatest form of play was a whole lot of hacking. Not a good look in my eyes.
    Last edited by boz-monaut; 26-01-2013 at 07:59 AM. Reason: reference to ethnicity - next infraction will lead to temporary ban

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •