Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Z Caravella

Zenon coping some criticism in the general game thread but I thought he done well tonight against WSW. Offers more than Brillante who I think is better suited at RB or LB. I see him and Rubes forming a good combination in the middle. Our bigger concerns are the CB pairing (just bring back Reegz) and who to play #10 (definitely not Ryan).

Mr Average.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDyl
    You're funnier on the internet than you are in person.
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    the NF law...the longer the thread stays open, the probablity that the thread becomes about joel griffiths approaches 1

looked ok up until he did something.

I think we should cut him some slack - will take a couple of games to click. At least he went looking for the ball, though the tactics meant he had to drop back to about 25 metres out to get it !

Give him 6-8 weeks

This is the Jets, he'll be out next week. Coach/manager clutching at straws now, interesting to see next weeks line up. As for cutting Zenon some slack, I'll just say one word. Bridgey.

How the **** did this guy start ahead of Brilliante

In regards to stability, surely the jerks are the laughing stock of the A league. We seem to change players for no apparent reason yeah
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

he will get found out, not the type of player who you can rely on to have a majority of your play go through.

brown will be better in the long run.

i liked his hair.

honestly i really didn't see what he offered compared to jobe.

composed on the ball yes, but his decision making at times was awful, he put himself into difficult decisions as well calling for the ball when he had wsw players all around him. probably tried to hard to make an impression.

where the hell is kanta ffs.
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

Quote Originally Posted by seldom View Post
    In regards to stability, surely the jerks are the laughing stock of the A league. We seem to change players for no apparent reason yeah
    Yep. Just one cock up after another at a management decision making level. Just hope that frustration is not taken out on the playing group. They are a far better squad than results would suggest and capable of great things with someone else calling the shots IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    Yep. Just one cock up after another at a management decision making level. Just hope that frustration is not taken out on the playing group. They are a far better squad than results would suggest and capable of great things with someone else calling the shots IMO.
    Maybe if the "good" players we have learn to ****ing cross and pass to our players, plus manage to find the net we'd be sweet. FFS the amount of crosses that go straight to the opposition is hideous and you can't tell me that GvE is telling the players how to kick a football.....
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Now you are just being silly Thomas.

Sure your not a gypo and your defence of GVE is to ensure our continued slide to oblivian.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    Maybe if the "good" players we have learn to ****ing cross and pass to our players, plus manage to find the net we'd be sweet. FFS the amount of crosses that go straight to the opposition is hideous and you can't tell me that GvE is telling the players how to kick a football.....
    GVE couldn't possibly be responsible for teaching Neville the art of hitting the defender in the back 99% of the time he attempts to whip a cross in to the box.

GVE ain't that good of a coach

Excellent performance tonight. Bossed the midfield and turned them inside out.

Long may it continue. Definitely my MoM.

The headlines tomorrow no doubt will be about golden boy Bridgey but in terms of making the side tick and effectiveness I would place Caravella's and Taggart's performances above Bridges. No surprise with Zenon though as he has been good value the past few seasons with both GCU and Adelaide last season.

Quote Originally Posted by stopper2 View Post
    The headlines tomorrow no doubt will be about golden boy Bridgey but in terms of making the side tick and effectiveness I would place Caravella's and Taggart's performances above Bridges. No surprise with Zenon though as he has been good value the past few seasons with both GCU and Adelaide last season.
    Spot on

He was also players player or similar at both gcu and Adelaide

He was brilliant tonight. First few touches I thought "aww shit, here we go again" but after he made a second shit pass, he then chased it down and won it back and was pretty much flawless from then on.

Banned
    Bloke played well. Not getting carried away as Heart put our centre mids under minimal pressure and I am sure he won't get the freedoms Aloisi offered up to us that often

One aspect that really impressed me with his play was occasionally he would run 10-20 metres through the guts with the ball at speed and try to ignite our attack. Jobe never done that

Mr Very Good.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDyl
    You're funnier on the internet than you are in person.
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    the NF law...the longer the thread stays open, the probablity that the thread becomes about joel griffiths approaches 1