Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Z Caravella

looking back now,
    steele made the best decision of his life leaving after 2 games..
    the bloke knew what this muppet was like and left before he painted a tattoo of his fist on the muppets chin..
    he would not have been a yes or no man.. just straight to the point..
    Last edited by cobra23; 17-04-2015 at 04:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stopper2 View Post
    You are spot on Member, only I feel that window of opportunity to act was back in January when things came to a head. The four players who showed support for their 5 sacked colleagues were let down by the rest of the team who like you said put self interest before carrying out the course of action which they had all agreed to only days earlier.
    We now have a situation where there is a culture of fear at the club amongst the playing group, this can't in the long-term be a constructive environment to work under.
    Ok, since when did people start believing that players get some sort of say into how a club is run? What makes you guys honestly believe that a full team revolt would have assured that the coach was sacked? Tinks holds every ounce of power in these situations and there isn't a damn thing the players can do about it, i love the blokes for stepping up and telling Stubbins he was a Muppet but any sensible person knew that by doing so that the players were putting their careers on the line.

So each player has 2 choices, follow his team mates and get sacked from the team (either straight away or at the end of the season) or put their heads down and just play football. Remember that this is a job for these guys, they have to put food on the table at home and young players don't want mutiny on their resume.

Personally i've got no bad feelings towards the players who stayed. Caravella especially, he has been great over the last couple of months. he will probably end up at the Marinators and come back to make us look stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

If all 23 players, or whatever at the time, had said that they wanted Muppet gone, it would've been incredibly tough to ignore.

Tinks could get away with sacking 5 of them because they still had enough for a team. You get the entire squad against him, then there's only 1 solution. The senior guys were left out to dry by the rest of the squad.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

He doesn't need to come back with CCM to make us look stupid.
    We do a good job of that ourselves.

Kat caravella just said on twitter that zenon was just not selected tonight. He is not injured. Disgraceful

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Ok, since when did people start believing that players get some sort of say into how a club is run? What makes you guys honestly believe that a full team revolt would have assured that the coach was sacked? Tinks holds every ounce of power in these situations and there isn't a damn thing the players can do about it, i love the blokes for stepping up and telling Stubbins he was a Muppet but any sensible person knew that by doing so that the players were putting their careers on the line.

So each player has 2 choices, follow his team mates and get sacked from the team (either straight away or at the end of the season) or put their heads down and just play football. Remember that this is a job for these guys, they have to put food on the table at home and young players don't want mutiny on their resume.

Personally i've got no bad feelings towards the players who stayed. Caravella especially, he has been great over the last couple of months. he will probably end up at the Marinators and come back to make us look stupid.

Agree a lot with this. I don't particularly like my current boss but if I were to get sacked I would be up shit creek. I'd either have to move away to find similar money or step down a lot of rungs to stay around here. Therefore I got no problem with players nuckling down and looking after their job. They may not get the same deal elsewhere. They might love living here.

Quote Originally Posted by lil_masi View Post
    Kat caravella just said on twitter that zenon was just not selected tonight. He is not injured. Disgraceful
    It's okay though, the decision to release has nothing to do whatsoever with him declining the captaincy and being one of the few to show some backbone. Stubbins doesn't hold grudges, at all.

Quote Originally Posted by lil_masi View Post
    Yeah, he was at the game too.. My old-boy saw him walking past Bay 55 and yelled out to him asking how his injury was, and Zenon turned around going "what injury?"..
    I feel for the bloke..

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    Yeah, he was at the game too.. My old-boy saw him walking past Bay 55 and yelled out to him asking how his injury was, and Zenon turned around going "what injury?"..
    I feel for the bloke..
    Thought I heard the commentators say last night that he was told he wont be selected for final game as well. Not the greatest player but yet another senior player who played for the town and fans that has been treated like shit thanks to the muppets.

Made even more of a mockery by Hoole continuing to get game time.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    If all 23 players, or whatever at the time, had said that they wanted Muppet gone, it would've been incredibly tough to ignore.

Tinks could get away with sacking 5 of them because they still had enough for a team. You get the entire squad against him, then there's only 1 solution. The senior guys were left out to dry by the rest of the squad.
    correct, many a manager has been sacked for losing the dressing combined with pathetic results.

He should have been fed to the sharks ages ago. comparing this to an office job is a stretch

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    Made even more of a mockery by Hoole continuing to get game time.
    But he has a good player agent.

Same bloke is working miracles to get Gallagher picked every week

Getting Hoole selected should be a piece of piss

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    I feel for the bloke..
    Yep we also gave him a bit of an ovation at the time.