Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: HAL 12/13 Rd 19 - Newcastle Jets vs Sydney FC - 2/2/13 k/off 530pm AEDST

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post

Also very good turnout by The Cove, and credit to them for that.
    Bullshit. Scum of the earth karma is a bitch.

To me I think what really cost us was changing the centre back paring, which looked solid and confident in the last 3 weeks. It is just disappointing that the dispute between GVE and Taylor Regan happened. Taylor maybe had a right to look puzzled when pulled from last weeks game but shouldn't have gone on with it. So the question for me is whether disciplining him by dropping him from a game is worth dropping points. I hope it did the trick at Regan humbly takes his medicine and comes back into the line-up next week.

Other than that, its all a game of opinions isn't it? I don't think Brown is developing and I can't see what value he adds when neither he nor Heskey shoot at goal. I think Bridges performed reasonably well in his 30 minutes. He set up some good runs in front of me on the left, so I don't think he deserves any more criticism than the other forwards. i mean, a saw Ryan Griffiths lose a hell of a lot of ball last night and noone bags him out. Still he is maybe not a starting player but what do you do about Brown? Keep waiting?

I think we may see a lot of improvement if Caravella gets in the starting line-up, replacing Brillante. Not that Brillante is bad but Caravella seems to have quicker feet and can turn forward quicker after receiving the ball. This gives him those extra few seconds to play the ball forward. But it was always going to take a few weeks for him to build up game time.

I was disappointed with the result but more frustrated that we still seem to be ironing out these positional issues.

Del Piero is a bloody legend. Most skilled player to grace the A-League, ever.
    Last edited by hauss; 03-02-2013 at 08:36 AM.

nice work Hauss- regarding Brown improving, don't hold your breath. it won't happen under Egghead. Can't recall him Ever improving anyone. On the contrary, he has devolved a few. the two goal we conceded obviously came from mistakes at the back and trying to play out. The fact that we try to do that is good but the positioning of our support players is terrible and this is a general criticism of the entire squad. Players don't appear to know how to create space, and therefore passing options. the Mariners, with their overlapping fullbacks do it best and the last couple of years it was critical to the Roar's attacking plays. We do it, but without any apparent concept of timing or where to. often the players put themselves behind other players and are basically out of the game. The other thing that stands out like a dog trumpet is our completely pathetic set plays. Abysmal. The lack of cohesion on our corners, free kicks and throw ins is under 12 stuff. What does Eggbrain do at training? he needs to watch a few Victory videos for ideas. In general, another expected ad hoc show from a team without structure or a plan. This is why Egghead cops flack- it is a coach's job to bring these things together. he either doesn't understand it or can't do it. Along the way, he creates a very nervous and confused team. he has always been a complete myth h e is really out of his depth.

Airliners should read Mariners

Quote Originally Posted by hauss View Post
    To me I think what really cost us was changing the centre back paring, which looked solid and confident in the last 3 weeks. It is just disappointing that the dispute between GVE and Taylor Regan happened. Taylor maybe had a right to look puzzled when pulled from last weeks game but shouldn't have gone on with it. So the question for me is whether disciplining him by dropping him from a game is worth dropping points. I hope it did the trick at Regan humbly takes his medicine and comes back into the line-up next week.
    I have a bad feeling we won't see Regan back unless injury requires it.

than that, its all a game of opinions isn't it? I don't think Brown is developing and I can't see what value he adds when neither he nor Heskey shoot at goal. I think Bridges performed reasonably well in his 30 minutes. He set up some good runs in front of me on the left, so I don't think he deserves any more criticism than the other forwards. i mean, a saw Ryan Griffiths lose a hell of a lot of ball last night and noone bags him out. Still he is maybe not a starting player but what do you do about Brown? Keep waiting?
    I agree, I thought Bridges played fine. Forget the other strikers, we were losing the ball all over the park with misdirected passes. I guess its easier to single out one player. When he came on you could hear how much the communication levels on the pitch improved from where we sit, and as you say I thought he set some people up well. Sure some of his passes went astray in the attacking 1/3rd, but at least the guy looks to go forward and attack.

With respect to Brown, I rate the guy as a player, but he isn't working at the moment. Makes lots of bad decisions and its costing us. Still think he should have had a few weeks in NYL, then come back to the bench. Instead he was thrown in the deepend and it looks to me his confidence is shot. GVE is obviously hoping he will play his way out of it, but for every moment of greatness, there is two face in the palm moments. I really think he would benefit from a few games off the bench.

Piero is a bloody legend. Most skilled player to grace the A-League, ever.
    Del Piero lost my respect last night. Awesome player when he has the ball, no disputing that, and yep, probably the most skilful player ever in the a-league.

I just couldn't stand the crap he went on with, from going down every time he is tackled from the slightest touch, to whining to the ref about everything (to the point of standing in the back play with arms flailing at the 4th official while Sydney played on without him), little niggly kicks at players off the ball. Guy just carries on like a wanker and it detracts from how awesome he really is.

Glad we are so much better now with Jobe gone.
    WD club.

Caravella needs to be in browns position from the start. seems to be much more of an attacking midfielder than a holder. Do we really need 2 holders?? We need to win games, 2 in behind i tell ya!

We would only need 1 holding midfielder if we had jobe

Does anyone know off hand how many yellows ADP has this season ?

Pics from 442 showing Grifflet copping the knee. WD Sydney keeper

Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Watched the recorded replay and pissed myself laughing when Griffo was fouled and did not get the free and he screamed at the ref whilst pointing to his name on the back of his shirt
    "WHAT, My name is not Del Piero"

Quote Originally Posted by northern_swan View Post
    Waddya expect when they are invited into the tenzo and afforded better treatment than our own fans?
    Then come trash the joint after the game throwing schooners from outside smashing windows and going 10 on 1 with Newy boys

There was actually a bit of a dust up in the Western Stand, in the corporate areas, a few cashed up but drunk Sydney fans went ballistic when we got the second penalty, threw beer over everyone and acted like idiots.

A number of well known Newy faces (including a local TV sports presenter) were involved in the amusing fracas.

Security came in and I think most of the people within a 100m of the incident missed the penalty !

Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post
    I have a bad feeling we won't see Regan back unless injury requires it.

I agree, I thought Bridges played fine. Forget the other strikers, we were losing the ball all over the park with misdirected passes. I guess its easier to single out one player. When he came on you could hear how much the communication levels on the pitch improved from where we sit, and as you say I thought he set some people up well. Sure some of his passes went astray in the attacking 1/3rd, but at least the guy looks to go forward and attack.

With respect to Brown, I rate the guy as a player, but he isn't working at the moment. Makes lots of bad decisions and its costing us. Still think he should have had a few weeks in NYL, then come back to the bench. Instead he was thrown in the deepend and it looks to me his confidence is shot. GVE is obviously hoping he will play his way out of it, but for every moment of greatness, there is two face in the palm moments. I really think he would benefit from a few games off the bench.

I agree Bridges did play fine too. He is always looking to move forward, always trying to create an opening or at least creative in the sense of going forward.
    His passing was as good, if not better than anyone on the park, as it is more often than not.

As someone else said in a different thread, he is the best number 10 we have.

and he gets his citizenship in 3 months?

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG NBUnited View Post
    and he gets his citizenship in 3 months?
    I didn't know that, but I don't think it will impede his ability as a footballer lol

Quote Originally Posted by Football is us View Post
    I didn't know that, but I don't think it will impede his ability as a footballer lol
    But it means he no longer takes up one of our visa spots and if he sticks around on minimal coin or with coaching responsibilities in his pay packet, it might not be such an awful thing.

Banned
    If Bridges is still here next season GVE should be shot

if bridges move out of a visa spot, i would happily keep him (assuming he wasn't on too much coin)

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    if bridges move out of a visa spot, i would happily keep him (assuming he wasn't on too much coin)
    Yeah, the coin is big factor... as is, I assume, him being wanted in and around the team as a potential coach in the future.