Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: The Boxing Thread

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    This fight needed to happen 5-6 years ago not when both are in the twilight of their careers.
    Don't think you'd find too many in opposition to this statement.

Not saying boxers shouldn't be able to choose their opponents, but something should have been done to make this happen much earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Also re:MMA.
    Not my bag personally but people dis on Floyd for being defensive/technical but are happy to watch grappling and bouts get decided by a choke hold in the first 20sec.

There's good and bad examples in every sport.
    You just described everything that makes MMA the sport to watch.

UFC81 - Lesnar vs Mir and Mir is on the canvas being absolutely smashed by Lesnar.

Lesnar loses concentration for a split second and next thing you know Mir has slapped on a knee bar and forced Lesnar to submit. I cannot understand how anyone would not be impressed by that.

When a boxer is on the canvas they stop the fight.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post

UFC81 - Lesnar vs Mir and Mir is on the canvas being absolutely smashed by Lesnar.

Lesnar loses concentration for a split second and next thing you know Mir has slapped on a knee bar and forced Lesnar to submit. I cannot understand how anyone would not be impressed by that.

That is defo a pro for UFC.

Nearly all boxing fights as soon as one bloke establishes superiority over another it is 99.9% a one way procession to a unanimous points win if a KO doesn't occur before hand to the bloke on top. Very rare to see a bloke under the pump swing something and change the course of the fight in an instant. Sure it does happen but not often

UFC though a fight can change suddenly and the bloke under the pump can turn the tables in an instant whether that be from a strike or a grappling submission move and either get back some control and fight on his terms or finish it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post

Yeah no doubt bouts like that appeal to many and would be both entertaining and dramatic. A perfect blend for sport.

But for every one of those there's prob a Ronda Rousey 14sec main event title fight that gives people fuel to counter your argument.

As I said, I don't hate the sport, it's just not for me.

There's people out there who think soccer is boring too (mostly Jets fans....but still).

thing is rousey is worth watching imo, she is a deadset weapon even if she stops everyone in the first round

you'd ****en hate sumo

Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    thing is rousey is worth watching imo, she is a deadset weapon even if she stops everyone in the first round

you'd ****en hate sumo
    Rousey, pfffffffttt.
    I've seen Fast n Furious 7.
    Michelle Rodriguez totally kicked her ass.

Sumo tho, count me in.
    Been wanting to see it live for ever.
    Been to Nippon a bunch of times and yet to time it right.
    Mate who's married to a Japanese lass went to the big event at the Tokyo Dome, has never stopped raving.

Mate who's married to a Japanese lass went to the big event at the Tokyo Dome, has never stopped raving.
    DazzaInJapan by any chance? That guy was good value

Sumo tho, count me in.
    Me too. Bit disappointed though that nobody uses the E-Honda flying HeadButt move. [Suupaa Zutsuki]
    Last edited by The Dunster; 06-05-2015 at 10:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WolfMan View Post
    Haha WolfMan, I was about the ask the same thing before I saw your post.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDyl
    You're funnier on the internet than you are in person.
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    the NF law...the longer the thread stays open, the probablity that the thread becomes about joel griffiths approaches 1

Nah.
    I've still only legit met one person on the Foz and that was that Marcus dude from Melbourne.

Banned
    Nah.
    I've still only legit met one person on the Foz and that was that Marcus dude from Melbourne.
    That's cause your always in hiding ...and my vagina is sore
    Last edited by hawk; 19-04-2017 at 10:00 PM.

What a brilliant fight, utterly ruined by disgraceful, corrupt judgement. GGG won that fairly comfortably on points for mine, judge that scored it 8 points in Canelo's favour needs their licence revoked

What a brilliant fight, utterly ruined by disgraceful, corrupt judgement. GGG won that fairly comfortably on points for mine, judge that scored it 8 points in Canelo's favour needs their licence revoked
    It's getting so bad now that the WWE appears to be more legit than pro boxing.

I thought GGG won it as well. I wasn't confident though. Thought it was tight.

Was a brilliant fight. Time flew. Went the same distance as the fight before it, which was an utter bore fest.

Thought Diego De La Hoya was brilliant in one of the other undercard fights.

judge that scored it 8 points in Canelo's favour needs their licence revoked
    The judges name is Adelaide Byrd.

We have a whole thread dedicated to stuff like this.

It's no accident.
    It's the new world order.

Feel free to come over to our thread and join the resistance.

Just make sure you're woke before you walk in there though. There's some shit that will make you shudder.

Horno falling for the thug trap

boxing is not a simple sport, with its philosophy. One of the most important factors for a boxer's victory is food. I say this from my own experience. Before training, I tried to eat properly and with the right diet, usually ate fast-paced food. He experimented with food and picked up food on the blog ''Food and Recipes'', looking at the number of proteins and carbohydrates. Rest is important for the body, sleep is important.

Should be a pretty big week in the Heavyweight division with announcements on future fights regarding AJ, Wilder, Fury and Whyte.
    AJ has probably missed his April 13th Wembley date as Whyte has played hardball on his split. Fury V Wilder rematch goes to purse bid on the 5th of February so an agreement between them is imminent because if that goes to purse bid all hell will break loose amongst all the promoters.

What I think will happen:
    Fury V Wilder - probably in the US somewhere most likely Brooklyn, Wilder won't want to go to the UK.

AJ V Miller - Heavyweight title defense at MSG. AJ hasn't cracked the US market yet, what better way to make a debut in the US then against a New Yorker at MSG.

Whyte V Breazeale - Breazeale is the WBC mandatory so the winner of this get a shot at the winner of Fury V Wilder. I think Whyte is looking at it as rather than fight AJ now I'll get the WBC belt and then fight AJ, collect 2 big pay days. Weather or not he can get past Breazeale and then Fury or Wilder is a different question but he probably backs himself to be able to.

It's awesome to see the Heavyweight division back to the strength it should be. All this and then you throw in the rumor that Klitschko is possibly making a comeback, it's getting really juicy.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    Should be a pretty big week in the Heavyweight division with announcements on future fights regarding AJ, Wilder, Fury and Whyte.
    AJ has probably missed his April 13th Wembley date as Whyte has played hardball on his split. Fury V Wilder rematch goes to purse bid on the 5th of February so an agreement between them is imminent because if that goes to purse bid all hell will break loose amongst all the promoters.

What I think will happen:
    Fury V Wilder - probably in the US somewhere most likely Brooklyn, Wilder won't want to go to the UK.

AJ V Miller - Heavyweight title defense at MSG. AJ hasn't cracked the US market yet, what better way to make a debut in the US then against a New Yorker at MSG.

Whyte V Breazeale - Breazeale is the WBC mandatory so the winner of this get a shot at the winner of Fury V Wilder. I think Whyte is looking at it as rather than fight AJ now I'll get the WBC belt and then fight AJ, collect 2 big pay days. Weather or not he can get past Breazeale and then Fury or Wilder is a different question but he probably backs himself to be able to.

It's awesome to see the Heavyweight division back to the strength it should be. All this and then you throw in the rumor that Klitschko is possibly making a comeback, it's getting really juicy.

Wilder and Fury have a verbal agreement to take the next fight to England, nothing official tho. Which would set up a trilogy fight in the US.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.