Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: The Boxing Thread

Age looks to be catching up with Browne. He should get out of the game before he gets seriously hurt.

Ok so Kahn V Crawford was a bit of a fizzer.
    However this weekend should be alright with Canelo V Jacobs, do yourself a favor and do your research on Danny Jacobs.
    This could be one of the biggest fairytale story's in the history of Boxing, Danny Jacobs is lucky to be walking let alone Boxing.

On to AJ's next opponent, for those those living under a rock. Luis Ortiz turned down 14 times his biggest payday to fight AJ, his biggest payday to date is $500,000 he that he got to fight Wilder. AJ and DAZN with Matchroom Boxing offered Ortiz $7million for the June 1st date, you have to love Boxing politics sometimes.
    So in comes Andy Ruiz Jr, Ruiz a Mexican will bring the Mexican crowd and he won't be a walk over. That's the best he can offer but he is probably the best of the rest.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Canelo is putting on a defensive masterclass at the moment, so far this has been a brilliant fight.
    Last edited by Premy; 15-05-2019 at 08:56 PM.
    I'M GULLIBLE!

We finally get to see one of the top 5 Heavyweights fight this weekend, Wilder V Breazeale for the WBC Heavyweight title.

In other Heavyweight news, Uysk V Takam is on hold as Uysk has torn his quadricep.
    I'M GULLIBLE!

What do people think about the Barry Hall vs Paul Gallen fight ? I'd be very surprised if Hall could manage to avoid being knocked out. I think Gallen being younger, fitter, and more experienced will simply be too much for Hall to deal with. It's one thing to king hit someone on a football field it's a whole new world to do it in the ring against someone that can actually fight.
    I'd like to see Hall win, but he's going to need a lot of luck.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    What do people think about the Barry Hall vs Paul Gallen fight ? I'd be very surprised if Hall could manage to avoid being knocked out. I think Gallen being younger, fitter, and more experienced will simply be too much for Hall to deal with. It's one thing to king hit someone on a football field it's a whole new world to do it in the ring against someone that can actually fight.
    I'd like to see Hall win, but he's going to need a lot of luck.
    I don't think about it

2 Footballers jumping in the ring ain't worth watching

If I want to see a fight I want to see quality fighters in action

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    I don't think about it

2 Footballers jumping in the ring ain't worth watching

If I want to see a fight I want to see quality fighters in action
    Gallen is 9-0 in the ring so he's no mug.

I respect anyone that's got the ticker to give it a go - as it's not easy.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 15-11-2019 at 11:44 AM.

Gallen is 9-0 in the ring so he's no mug.

I respect anyone that's got the ticker to give it a go - as it's not easy.
    When it comes to boxing he actually is a mug.
    Of his 10 fights his fought fellow NRL players, blown up cruiserweights, old men and an old AFL player. Put him in with McKean, Meehan or Browne(even Browne at 40) and he would get slaughtered, there are levels in boxing and Gallons level is that of a mug.
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    Of his 10 fights his fought fellow NRL players, blown up cruiserweights, old men and an old AFL player. Put him in with McKean, Meehan or Browne(even Browne at 40) and he would get slaughtered, there are levels in boxing and Gallons level is that of a mug.
    correct, I think anyone who pays or even watches the shite they dish up is what you would say, not a true fan.
    Gallon, Hall, SBW all the same cashing in on there supposed star status...

Gallen disposed of Hopa quicker than Browne did. I wouldn't call Gallen world class but he's far from a mug.

Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    correct, I think anyone who pays or even watches the shite they dish up is what you would say, not a true fan.
    Gallon, Hall, SBW all the same cashing in on there supposed star status...
    It's a shame that people in Australia think that the aforementioned are "no mugs" when there is a decent pool of talented boxers in Australia. A pool of talented boxers that struggle for a payday in their applied trade and then watch the aforementioned swoop in and collect 5x, 10x sometimes 20x the payday of what these boxers can get.

What's worse is that when actual boxer's call to fight these blokes they get lowballed, it's rumored that Gallen and Hall got paid $800k for 6x2 minute rounds. However when Browne called for that fight he was only offered $100k by Gallens team, Gallen claims he wants to take boxing seriously but does the exact opposite.
    It's bullshit if you ask me and the fights are nothing but a circus show.
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Gallen disposed of Hopa quicker than Browne did. I wouldn't call Gallen world class but he's far from a mug.
    This statement shows how little you know about boxing, triangle theories mean stuff all in boxing.
    Oh and Browne and Gallen both finished Hoppa in the 2nd round from memory.
    I'M GULLIBLE!

This statement shows how little you know about boxing, triangle theories mean stuff all in boxing.
    Oh and Browne and Gallen both finished Hoppa in the 2nd round from memory.
    It's a business and Browne is simply nowhere near as marketable as Paul Gallen or Barry Hall in Australia.
    I still stand by what I said about Gallen - he's no mug. Are there better fighters out there struggling to earn a living? Yes.
    But that's the case in sports, music, science... you name it. Money trumps skill.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 21-04-2020 at 12:55 PM.

Boxing - simplified by Leon Spinks (paraphrased by Richard Pryor).

"I knock muthaf***ers out".
    Only one bloke on this foz constantly makes me laugh Plague and it ain't you - MFKS

It's a business and Browne is simply nowhere near as marketable as Paul Gallen or Barry Hall in Australia.
    I still stand by what I said about Gallen - he's no mug. Are there better fighters out there struggling to earn a living? Yes.
    But that's the case in sports, music, science... you name it. Money trumps skill.
    If his no mug then he should take fights with the likes of Mckean or Browne. His 38 years old he needs to move fast If he wants to take the sport serious and go for world titles. If that is the case he needs to get into real fights against real contenders and earn a mandatory position at one of the 4 titles. But we both know he won't be doing that, all his interested in is coming into the sport for a quick buck fighting easy opposition and leaving again. It's an embarrassment to the sport, it's no different to what Bolt done at CCM.

Mug punters will dip into boxing for 5 minutes believing all the hype from the promoters that it's a proper fight, pay to watch the fight, then bitch that boxing is shit because they paid to watch a shit fight. All whilst there is far better content being put out there from actual boxers that aren't shit and struggling to get a payday because these NRL/AFL knobs float in and out of the sport taking good money from it when they do.

What's worse is then mug punters get on a forum defending these clowns and claim they aren't mugs but the truth is they would fold if they fought anyone decent and not over the hill.
    Last edited by Premy; 21-04-2020 at 04:56 PM.
    I'M GULLIBLE!

What's worse is then mug punters get on a forum defending these clowns and claim they aren't mugs but the truth is they would fold if they fought anyone decent and not over the hill.
    Gallen doesn't need any defending. He's had nine wins as a professional, and he's given fighters on the undercard to his bout with Hall an opportunity to fight before a much larger audience than they could draw on their own.

It might be unfair, it might lessen the value of the sport when ex-footballers are a bigger draw than those dedicating all they have to it - but it's the reality of how the world works.

I don't for a moment think Gallen is even close to being world class - but that doesn't make him a mug either.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 21-04-2020 at 05:47 PM.

Gallen doesn't need any defending. He's had nine wins as a professional, and he's given fighters on the undercard to his bout with Hall an opportunity to fight before a much larger audience than they could draw on their own.

It might be unfair, it might lessen the value of the sport when ex-footballers are a bigger draw than those dedicating all they have to it - but it's the reality of how the world works.

I don't for a moment think Gallen is even close to being world class - but that doesn't make him a mug either.
    So he should fight Mckean, Browne or Opelu if his no mug, yet he won't.
    He is a mug when it comes to boxing and he knows it, all he wants is an easy paycheck.

"Given fighters on the undercard to his bout with Hall an opportunity"? Please stick to what you know Dunstersaur.
    The Gallen/Hall fight was on the undercard, as it was a Top Rank card broadcast in the US, do you really think Bob Arum and the US care about a couple of old retired Australian sport stars. That card was going to be put on regardless of the Gallen/Hall fight happing and that was because of the Moloney brothers. Get your facts right before you talk shit.

"It's the reality of how the world works"? Actually the rest of the world laughs at us when they see these fights past as Professional fights. These type of fights happen all around the world all the time but they are white collar events and not past of as Professional fights. It's the reality of how Australia works because fools continue to clamor to see these exhibitions and fools pay to see it.
    I'M GULLIBLE!

I know SFA about boxing and don't pretend to, so please correct me if I'm wrong; but Gallen would be far from the first fighter to cherry pick fights that he thought he could win or thought were worth his while, right? Wasn't Mayweather accused of the same thing consistently?

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I know SFA about boxing and don't pretend to, so please correct me if I'm wrong; but Gallen would be far from the first fighter to cherry pick fights that he thought he could win or thought were worth his while, right? Wasn't Mayweather accused of the same thing consistently?
    Whilst I'm not a huge fan of Mayweather, he certainly took a few flights that one could call a cherrypick however he was also in plenty of battles and won world title's at 5 weights. You can't do that from cherrypicks only, yes boxer's do it and they get called out when they do just like Gallen.

As I said earlier but, Gallen is 38 if he wants to take boxing serious like he said he does, then he doesn't have time to cherrypick he has to move fast. But blind Freddy can see his only in boxing for a quick buck like all of the other NRL players and very few boxing fans want to see his fights.
    I'M GULLIBLE!

I think a lot of the world laughs at why two able bodied humans would want to beat the shit out of each other for less money than the people promoting the fights.
    I used to love watching TV Ringside on FTA but it seems like MMA and so on has taken over.
    As much as Footballers fighting without any real chance or intention for titles is not optimal - it wouldn't really be possible unless the sport was already in trouble.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 22-04-2020 at 10:51 AM.