Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: The Boxing Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    So he should fight Mckean, Browne or Opelu if his no mug, yet he won't.
    He is a mug when it comes to boxing and he knows it, all he wants is an easy paycheck.

"Given fighters on the undercard to his bout with Hall an opportunity"? Please stick to what you know Dunstersaur.
    The Gallen/Hall fight was on the undercard, as it was a Top Rank card broadcast in the US, do you really think Bob Arum and the US care about a couple of old retired Australian sport stars. That card was going to be put on regardless of the Gallen/Hall fight happing and that was because of the Moloney brothers. Get your facts right before you talk shit.

"It's the reality of how the world works"? Actually the rest of the world laughs at us when they see these fights past as Professional fights. These type of fights happen all around the world all the time but they are white collar events and not past of as Professional fights. It's the reality of how Australia works because fools continue to clamor to see these exhibitions and fools pay to see it.
    Good post Premy. I stand corrected.

prem dog - what do you reckon of Gallen v Hunt?

would have been ace to see hunto knock gallens brain into the cosmos

very few boxing fans want to see his fights.
    And that isn't their target market.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    prem dog - what do you reckon of Gallen v Hunt?

would have been ace to see hunto knock gallens brain into the cosmos
    Mid 40's MMA bloke against a League player? Not interested.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    And that isn't their target market.
    That's fine, put on a white collar event and let them go at it. Just don't pass it off as Professional Boxing.
    I'M GULLIBLE!

It's a shame that people in Australia think that the aforementioned are "no mugs" when there is a decent pool of talented boxers in Australia. A pool of talented boxers that struggle for a payday in their applied trade and then watch the aforementioned swoop in and collect 5x, 10x sometimes 20x the payday of what these boxers can get.

What's worse is that when actual boxer's call to fight these blokes they get lowballed, it's rumored that Gallen and Hall got paid $800k for 6x2 minute rounds. However when Browne called for that fight he was only offered $100k by Gallens team, Gallen claims he wants to take boxing seriously but does the exact opposite.
    It's bullshit if you ask me and the fights are nothing but a circus show.
    I'm very late to this thread as I only just found it, but I couldn't agree more with this statement - having the likes of Gallen and Sonny Bill Williams before him making the money they have, while the likes of the extremely talented Maloney brothers go completely unnoticed in this country is a travesty. I dare people to take an interest in the sport, because the likes of the Maloney brothers are very, very good fighters who have made inroads into world class, but get little or no exposure.

The country needs a new break-out star, and my hope is that Tim Tsyzu can be half the fighter his old man was.

People on here may not remember Michael Katsidis, but that bloke was a big star in the USA and the UK, yet here people barely know him. What a warrior he was. And he fought them all, in their own backyard.

A

Some big fights heading back to the UK next month, with Dillian Whyte vs Povetkin and the Katie Taylor vs Delphine Persoon rematch on 22nd August. Both could be belters.

In the USA, both Charlo brothers are back in September in very competitive matches. Rumour is that Canelo fights Callum Smith at super-middle too, and if that comes off, we are talking fireworks!

In case anyone is looking, the next big thing in the heavyweight division is Daniel Dubois out of London. His next fight (vs Joe Joyce) is extremely competitive, but regardless of the result I think Dubois dominates the heavys for the next decade. He's vicious.

A

think horn is a sticky matchup for tszyu - markets are pretty stupid, take 2.5 horn and trade out.

tszyu 1.5 is mental

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Some big fights heading back to the UK next month, with Dillian Whyte vs Povetkin and the Katie Taylor vs Delphine Persoon rematch on 22nd August. Both could be belters.

In the USA, both Charlo brothers are back in September in very competitive matches. Rumour is that Canelo fights Callum Smith at super-middle too, and if that comes off, we are talking fireworks!

In case anyone is looking, the next big thing in the heavyweight division is Daniel Dubois out of London. His next fight (vs Joe Joyce) is extremely competitive, but regardless of the result I think Dubois dominates the heavys for the next decade. He's vicious.

A
    Anyone catch the Whyte fight on Sunday morning? That Povetkin uppercut was a thing of beauty.

Big shock result, especially with Povetkin being on the floor three times before, but the result actually makes Tyson Fury vs Joshua easier to make if they both win their next fights.

Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    think horn is a sticky matchup for tszyu - markets are pretty stupid, take 2.5 horn and trade out.

tszyu 1.5 is mental
    Sorry to say, but Horn is a poor fighter. Great result against Pac Man, but a complete anomaly - Pac Man beats him 999 times out of a 1000.

If Tszyu is going to be anything in the game he needs to stop Horn inside 8 rounds. I've liked what I have seen from Tszyu so far. I think this fight is good match-making.

That's fine, put on a white collar event and let them go at it. Just don't pass it off as Professional Boxing.
    Agree with this!

Quote Originally Posted by Marblehead Johnson View Post
    Sorry to say, but Horn is a poor fighter. Great result against Pac Man, but a complete anomaly - Pac Man beats him 999 times out of a 1000.

If Tszyu is going to be anything in the game he needs to stop Horn inside 8 rounds. I've liked what I have seen from Tszyu so far. I think this fight is good match-making.
    Oh, how I wish I put my money where my mouth is...

nostradamus!

I'm not sold on Dubois yet, it's alright blowing out the likes of Lartey and Gorman but how will he go when his in with someone who will move a bit and swing back. Don't get me wrong his look good against that type of opponent but I need to see more from him before I call him the next best Heavyweight.
    I want to see him in with the likes of Hrgovic, Yoka, Kabeyel or Shaw before I say his the best of the next crop.
    I'M GULLIBLE!

I dare people to take an interest in the sport, because the likes of the Maloney brothers are very, very good fighters who have made inroads into world class, but get little or no exposure.

The country needs a new break-out star, and my hope is that Tim Tsyzu can be half the fighter his old man was.
    Australian Boxing is pretty exciting at the moment it just needs more eyes on it and people to give it a chance. DAZN is beta testing in Australia at the moment and they plan to launch pretty soon, so you can get some good content for a bargain price as well.

If your reading this and want to get into it but have no idea who to follow check out these guys.

Demsey McKean- Big Southpaw Heavyweight who is currently ranked in 2 of the 4 Sanctioning bodies, he'll be awkward for some of top guys in the division.
    Jai Opetia- Highly ranked Cruiserweight on the verge of a World title shot.
    Cesar Tapia- He was actually born in Mexico but lives out here now, he fights at 168 and he'll be star in the next few years.
    Issac Hardman- Not sure if his got the skills to go to the top but his a bit of a character
    Liam Parro- His blastered through the local scene, and has a lot of power for a Junior Welterweight. He'll be in some fun fights if he can get the opportunity.
    George Kambosos- His next fight is a title eliminator which I have him the favorite in. Only problem is if he gets a title shot it will most likely be against this generation best fighter in Lomachenko.
    Justis Huni- This guy excites me the most of everyone on this list. His not turn pro yet but when he does look out. His of to the Olympics next year and is probably our best option for a medal.
    Last edited by Premy; 28-08-2020 at 07:55 AM.
    I'M GULLIBLE!

I'm not sold on Dubois yet, it's alright blowing out the likes of Lartey and Gorman but how will he go when his in with someone who will move a bit and swing back. Don't get me wrong his look good against that type of opponent but I need to see more from him before I call him the next best Heavyweight.
    I want to see him in with the likes of Hrgovic, Yoka, Kabeyel or Shaw before I say his the best of the next crop.
    Dubois returns this weekend in a warm-up fight before the Joe Joyce fight someone mentioned on the foz before. I think Dubois / Joyce is 50/50 - Joe Joyce is slow as, but he's like a robot that never stops punching. If Dubois wins that, they will move him pretty quickly, but Joyce is a super tough match-up for anyone.

Yoka has looked okay, but he's being protected in France as he's their great big hope. Of the lot, Hrgovic looks the one to kick on, with Dubois very close behind.

Australian Boxing is pretty exciting at the moment it just needs more eyes on it and people to give it a chance. DAZN is beta testing in Australia at the moment and they plan to launch pretty soon, so you can get some good content for a bargain price as well.

If your reading this and want to get into it but have no idea who to follow check out these guys.

Demsey McKean- Big Southpaw Heavyweight who is currently ranked in 2 of the 4 Sanctioning bodies, he'll be awkward for some of top guys in the division.
    Jai Opetia- Highly ranked Cruiserweight on the verge of a World title shot.
    Cesar Tapia- He was actually born in Mexico but lives out here now, he fights at 168 and he'll be star in the next few years.
    Issac Hardman- Not sure if his got the skills to go to the top but his a bit of a character
    Liam Parro- His blastered through the local scene, and has a lot of power for a Junior Welterweight. He'll be in some fun fights if he can get the opportunity.
    George Kambosos- His next fight is a title eliminator which I have him the favorite in. Only problem is if he gets a title shot it will most likely be against this generation best fighter in Lomachenko.
    Justis Huni- This guy excites me the most of everyone on this list. His not turn pro yet but when he does look out. His of to the Olympics next year and is probably our best option for a medal.
    George Kambosos fights Lee Selby next, and I fancy Selby to outbox him easily. Selby is too slick and Kambosos looks a little one dimensional. I thought he lost his last fight in the USA, but got a promoter's decision.

McKean looks very raw - I doubt he'll crack the world scene. I do like Jai Opetia, and its a decent time to be on the cruiserweight scene with the likes of Usyk and Gassiev having moved up to heavy.

I've not seen Huni though - I'll keep an eye out!

Dubois returns this weekend in a warm-up fight before the Joe Joyce fight someone mentioned on the foz before. I think Dubois / Joyce is 50/50 - Joe Joyce is slow as, but he's like a robot that never stops punching. If Dubois wins that, they will move him pretty quickly, but Joyce is a super tough match-up for anyone.

Yoka has looked okay, but he's being protected in France as he's their great big hope. Of the lot, Hrgovic looks the one to kick on, with Dubois very close behind.
    Calling tomorrows fight a warm up is stretching it in my opinion Dubios will walk straight through Snijders, he'll nothing but a moving punching bag. I like Dubios but he needs to step up, you can't go from calling out Whyte to fighting the likes of Snijders.

As for Yoka I have to respectfully disagree. His just signed on to Top Rank so you can expect him to start campaign in America after his fight with Duhaupas. His also had half the amount of fights compared to Dubios and arguably his resume is better.

I like Hrgovic, just hope he doesn't fall in love with his power and forgets to box.
    Last edited by Premy; 29-08-2020 at 10:44 PM.
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Calling tomorrows fight a warm up is stretching it in my opinion Dubios will walk straight through Snijders, he'll nothing but a moving punching bag. I like Dubios but he needs to step up, you can't go from calling out Whyte to fighting the likes of Snijders.

As for Yoka I have to respectfully disagree. His just signed on to Top Rank so you can expect him to start campaign in America after his fight with Duhaupas. His also had half the amount of fights compared to Dubios and arguably his resume is better.

I like Hrgovic, just hope he doesn't fall in love with his power and forgets to box.
    Dubois did indeed walk through Snijders, and I was impressed to see him go to the body. I've not seen much of that from him in the past.

Dubois is stepping up massively versus Joyce. Joyce is a tough man, and he can box and punch hard. I thought he beat Yoka in the Olympic final, which shows his not just the robot people think he is. When you look at Joyce, he's been matched much tougher than all the other prospects. Obviously age isn't on his side and that's why they are willing to put him in with all comers. Dubois taking that fight at 22 years old shows massive balls. It's a cracking fight and one I am very much looking forward to.

Yoka has been popped for drugs in the past, and he's fought no one of note to date. Dimitrenko was decent in his day but was way past his best when Yoka KO'd him, and from memory Dave Allen took their fight on about a weeks notice. Yoka was on the juice for that fight, which makes me worry about his longevity. I'd like to see him in with a Bryant Jennings or Derek Chisora in the near future to see where he is.

Dubois did indeed walk through Snijders, and I was impressed to see him go to the body. I've not seen much of that from him in the past.

Dubois is stepping up massively versus Joyce. Joyce is a tough man, and he can box and punch hard. I thought he beat Yoka in the Olympic final, which shows his not just the robot people think he is. When you look at Joyce, he's been matched much tougher than all the other prospects. Obviously age isn't on his side and that's why they are willing to put him in with all comers. Dubois taking that fight at 22 years old shows massive balls. It's a cracking fight and one I am very much looking forward to.

Yoka has been popped for drugs in the past, and he's fought no one of note to date. Dimitrenko was decent in his day but was way past his best when Yoka KO'd him, and from memory Dave Allen took their fight on about a weeks notice. Yoka was on the juice for that fight, which makes me worry about his longevity. I'd like to see him in with a Bryant Jennings or Derek Chisora in the near future to see where he is.
    I'm not sure the Dubios/Joyce fight happens to be honest, I would love to see it but I think Frank Warren is getting cold feet in making that fight.

From memory Yoka never popped positive for PEDs he missed 3 test in one year that's why he got suspended. Besides the boxing public seem to be ok with looking past a history of having used PEDs, just look how the boxing public clamor to Tyson Fury. Having only seven fight and names like Johnny Rice, Micheal Wallish, Dave Allen and Dimitrenko on your resume is quite impressive in my opinion.
    Forget about Journeymen I want to see top prospects in with each other, let's have Dubios vs Yoka.
    I'M GULLIBLE!